1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Behind the Truth and Ideal, Unova Saga Pt 1

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by CrymsonShokwave, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrymsonShokwave

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    (Hey there everyone. I have been doing this FanFic for a while in another site, 22 chapters and counting, and probably I can show everyone my work. Note this is my first FanFic, it might not be that good. >.< This is based on my OC's point of view and built around Pokémon White. This is also Rated T for language and minor violence. Soooooo, I did my best on this, if you want to leave a review, that would be good. ^_^)

Prolouge: What Awaits Beyond

There has to be an answer to my unsolved question. And yet, I kept on wondering to this day, no, I kept on wondering everyday on why I'm existing. I watched and waited as my 'father' walked down the aisle towards the gleaming, golden throne, ready to put the symbolic crown on my head. I stand by at the entrance of the aisle before calling me. I accepted his invitation, stride slowly with my head lowered and my bright green hair covering my eyes. I don't know if this equation will succeed in this kind of 'liberation' my 'father' has been preaching to me. What is liberation, and why do these creatures, I mean, my friends exist in this world? Their inner voices are confusing, yet I can understand them clearly since I was raised with some, in isolation, yet no one else can hear them. I decreased the speed of my steps towards the chair, closing my eyes as I looked back to my past as a little kid with my friends. Why was I abandoned in the first place? As I knelt down on one knee, lowered my head to accept the crown, everybody: the Sages, and my 'sisters' were watching me as I became their 'King'. I now have a goal for my people, but mainly to free my friends from their struggle and pain from their so called 'Trainers'. But, am I actually that capable enough to free them?

Characters:

Crymson - An outgoing and kind trainer with a passion for travel and adventure. Beforehand, her dream is to become the Pokémon Champion. But after being out of the Kanto League, and fall to ninth place, she realize there is more to everything than just being a Champion. She can be a bit stubborn and a hothead, but when it comes to Pokémon and friends, she always treat them with respect. She and Bianca travel together through most of the story. Crymson, in this story, is now 15 and does not know what lie beyond the path to the Unova League. She wears a black tank top, black bellbottom jeans, black gloves, black hat, black shoes with a red trim, black choker, and her signature red sash around her waist. Has light skin, red hair and red eyes. Her first Pokémon is an Oshawott, nicknames Muji.

Cheren - Serious, well mannered, yet sometimes rude Trainer with a goal in to be the strongest of the stronge and become the Unova Champion. But as the story goes by, he faces many questions about it. Cheren, at some point, may argue and butt heads with Crymson at one point or another, but he keeps himself calm and collective when things get rough. He is willing to give some advice to Crymson and Bianca. He mostly go solo in his journey. His first Pokémon is a Snivy.

Bianca - Kind, clumsy, a bit of a slowpoke at some point, but is always there even after a few seconds late. She sometimes have doubts within herself, despite her father not letting her go on an adventure when she turned 10, but always have her head held high with a smile. She is a very close friend of Crymson, and travels with her from time to time. Her first Pokémon is a Tepig.

N - A mysterious trainer that walked up unexpectedly to Crymson and Cheren after Team Plasma's speech, saying that he can hear Crymson's Muji's 'inner voice'. Secrets are hidden beyond his heart, and the trio are on a mission to find out. He is mostly interested in Crymson and holds developing emotions slowly inside himself as the story progresses.

Ghetsis - He first appeared in Accumula Town, giving a speech about Liberation. But something within him makes Crymson feel uneasy. What lies beyond him is a complete mystery.

Team Plasma - An organization bent on trying to seperate Pokémon from Humans to make a world a better place for them. They will get to their way of trying to hold down the trio from time to time. Is liberation actually their motive, or is there something more behind the whole plan?

Burk and Alice - Two lowest Team Plasma Grunts following orders to try to liberate the trio's Pokémon. Burk is egotistical and rushy, while Alice is forceful and short tempered, but patient. Unlike Burk, Alice makes up nicknames like Crymson is considered "red head".

2. CrymsonShokwave

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Chapter 1

It's 8 o'clock in the morning, autumn leaves are dancing and descending in a twirling figure through the gentle breeze in Nuvema Town. I watched as a flock of bird Pokémon are flying towards the northeastern direction through my second story bedroom window, then catching in the corner of my eye the door to the Lab opened. Walking down the tan pathway to my house is the Pokémon Professor named Juniper, holding what appears a box wrapped in blue wrapping paper with a green ribbon. The Professor approached the door, knocking three times. "Oh, that could be her!" My mom's voice echoed up through the stairs as she made her way to the door to retrieve the box.

"Hmm, so the Pokémon are in the box, huh?" I said to myself, turning away from the window to wait for my mom. Let me introduce myself. My name is Crymson, and I just recently moved here three days ago after I partcipated the Sinnoh league five days before. Today is a big day, because not only I turn 15 years old, but I am now on a new journey to master the Unova Region and become the Unova Region Champion. Let's just say I am pretty psyched about this. I heard my mom's footsteps getting louder and louder as she ascends the stairs with the box she retrieved from the Professor.

"Hello there, sweetie! Happy Birthday from both me and Professor Juniper!" My mom beamed a sunny smile at me. "Are you ready for another adventure and meet new Pokémon? I bet the Unova Champion is pretty strong, even as strong as Cynthia from the Sinnoh Region." My mom has watched every League Tournament when I was at every Pokémon League from the Kanto to the Sinnoh Region, cheering on for me. She was even in my shoes once upon a time, catching Pokémon, battle Trainers, receiving Badges and beating the Pokémon League. She even told me stories about her journeys by showing me pictures of her when she was about my age. Since then, I wanted to be just like her, and to this day, I owe her a lot for being my inspiration.

I walked up to my mom and grab a hold of the box and place it on a small table in the middle of my room. "You bet I am." A breath of excitement seemed to have escaped from my lips. I walked up to my mom and gave her a huge hug, as I know that she would wrap her arms around me. "Thank you, mom. I wouldn't make it this far if it weren't for you being my inspiration to become a trainer and experience everything in my life. I owe you a lot!" I smiled and laughed a little.

"Awww, you're welcome, Crymmy. I am glad I am your inspiration. But now, you and your friends are now going on a new journey together." She pressed her index finger against her chin. "Speaking of friends, I hope Cheren and Bianca arrive soon." She pondered, referring to my two close friends that I have known since I was about five years old. Just when my mom was about to head back down stairs, she became startle by a tall, black-haired, well dressed male about my age, standing near the stairway. That happened to be Cheren. "Oh, Cheren. I didn't expect you to come here so quietly." My mom put her hands over her chest.

Cheren adjusted his glasses, glimmered through the light coming from the window. "My dearest apologies, ma'am." He had to say. Cheren and I, in the beginning, had a bit of rocky start when we met, discussing about which Pokémon is the best. Bianca happened to come up with a solution to our problem, resulting in us becoming close friends. I notice Cheren eyeing me through his glimmering glasses, with not an expression changing. "Happy Birthday, Crymson." He said, but caught in the corner of his eye the sight of the blue box I got from the Professor. "I see you've just received that box containing the Pokémon from the Professor, correct?" He eyed back at me.

I nodded. "Yep, it is. I am glad I happen to receive the Pokémon to me as a present. But I am not going to open it until both you and Bianca arrive so we can decide." I noted, then I turned to look out through my window, searching for Bianca. "Speaking of Bianca, I hope she arrives. I really don't want to start without her, she will get left behind." For as long as I can remember, Bianca was somewhat of a Slowpoke when it comes to big events like today. But she manages to arrive even when she is only a few seconds late.

I can hear Cheren sigh from behind me. Just by the sound of his sigh, it wasn't a happy one.. "Bianca's her usual..." For as long as I have known Cheren, he is somewhat of an impatient person when it comes to Bianca being somewhat late. "Knowing her, since who knows when, she'll be late as always. Why would someone end up being late on an important day line this. That slowpoke." He started to tap his foot as I heard.

"Cheren..." I thought to myself with a small, quiet growl. His words, they are like a very sharp and long sword as it pierced through me. Yeah, it hurt, for a while, but I let it go. It was quiet for a few minutes until we heard the door closed quickly, and footsteps coming up through the stairs. We turned to see Bianca clutching the stair rail trying to catch her breath.

"Hello, Crymson's mom. Hey Crymson and Cheren." She took a moment to catch her breath before she stood up and walked to Cheren. "I'm so sorry, I know I'm late again..." She looked down to the floor with a sad look. "I hope I didn't miss my chance to pick out a Pokémon. I was really looking forward to this journey that I haven't been able to pack up beforehand."

Cheren facepalmed. "Bianca, for the past ten years since I've known you, you have nothing but a slowpoke. You know today is the day that we get our Pokémon we recieved from the Professor. And you weren't prepared in the first place? If you are always late for anything, what's the sense of being a trainer?" By the tone to Cheren's voice, it sounds like he is belittling her. Bianca's head snapped up as she felt surprised to hear what he said. I can see some tears started to welled up from the corner of her eyes.

"Cheren, I said I am sorry!" She whined. "Even though I arrived here a few seconds late, but I really did manage to put a lot of effort into coming over here as fast as I can. Don't you agree, Crymson?" She eyed me, showing puppy dog face as if she wanted me to agree with her. But I just couldn't say no to her, so I walked up to her side to aid her on her side of the argument.

"Of course I do, Bianca." I spoke up before I turned to Cheren, sternly. "Cheren, you may argue and get irritated so easily about Bianca always arriving a few seconds late, or being as quick as possible, but give her a break, will you? Bianca really her best to be here soon as possible for all three of us to choose our Pokémon. Can you please just tone down your mood a bit, okay?" I smiled to Bianca a little laugh before she joined in.

Cheren lowered his head nod, and then sighed in an agreement. "Yeah, I guess I was a bit hard on her" He then raised his head, eyeing Bianca apologetically. "Sorry about my actions, Bianca. I will try to be a lot nicer next time." Cheren said to Bianca with a slight smile. "So shall we begin?" He said, staring at the box.

"Well, I will leave you three alone. I wonder what kind of Pokémon are in that box. Well, have fun you three!" My mom said as she picked up my basket full of dirty laundry before heading down the stairs. I smiled at her as she walked out before turning my attention to my friends. I can see in their eyes that they are very anticipated about what kind of Pokémon we are going to see for the first time. I, myself, is also anticipated.

Bianca eyed me first with a huge smile. "So where are the Pokémon? Since the Professor brought the box containing the Pokémon here, I think Crymson should get the first pick. It is her birthday after all." Bianca said. Just by looking at her, she felt so excited. "I wonder what kind of Pokémon are in there!" She put her hands, ball up into fists, up against her chest. "This wait is driving me to the point where I am about to open it myself." She turned to me and waved a hand to me. "I-I'm just kidding, Crymson." She laughed.

"Bianca, we have to be patient. No sense in rushing things." Cheren sighed and adjusted his glassed, but nodded in agreement. "Although, I agree with her. I'm highly sure the Pokémon are dying to meet us." He said to me, showing a slight smile.. "Well, Crymson? Care to do the honors of taking the first step of our journey? Like Bianca said, it is your birthday after all." He walked to the left side of the little table.

I lowered my head with a smile, then raised it back up before I walked in between the two. "With pleasure, my friends. Whatever Pokémon is in that box will be our partner in our journey. Let's do this." My anticipation is starting to boil as I reached out for the box. But I noticed a little note attached to the ribbon written by the Professor herself. Picking up the note, I read what it said to Bianca and Cheren. It reads:

I've delivered these three Pokémon to you with this letter. you and your friends should get together and choose amongst yourselves.

My regards! - Juniper

I set the note down and looked at the box. "Oooh, open it, open it!" Bianca jumped excitedly. I looked at the corner of my eyes to see Bianca and Cheren, awaiting my move to remove the lid. Heh, I was excited myself, but I kept myself in control. I reached out and pulled the ribbon loose and removed the lid, showing three Poke Balls each containing an individual Pokémon inside. I placed the box with the Poke Balls inside on the floor, kneeling down before I spoke to them. "Okay, you three. It is time to introduce yourselves!" The three Poke Balls popped open as the three Pokémon went on the little table one by one.

"Snivy, Sni..." First came out was a bipedal, Grass-Type snake named Snivy. The little snake Pokémon crossed its arms on its chest as if he is waiting to be picked. Judging by his demenor, he looks pretty serious, and looking at him reminds me of Cheren, or is just like Cheren. Snivy veered at my direction, but looked away for one quick second and stared at Cheren. Okay, maybe that Pokémon is not what I'm looking for.

"Teeeeeepig!" A cute, and cheerful little Fire-Type pig named Tepig came out, wiggling its ears as if he is the type to be a bit playful. He sat down and grabbed its tail, fidgeting around with it, but caught my gaze. I looked back at Tepig for a moment before seeing him being a little more focused on playing with his tail. He looked up at Bianca and gave her a very cute smile, which made Bianca squeal. Well, option two is a no go.

And last, but definitely not least, a little Water-Type otter Pokémon, called Oshawott. He stood in the middle between Snivy and Tepig, puffing out his chest a little, but curiously looking around my room. The little otter turned to my direction and gave me a smiled. "Osha, Oshawott!" He beamed a smile and waved his arm as if he was trying to say hello to me. I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Hah hah! It seems like you have an interest in me, huh?" I knelt to Oshawott's level. Up to this point, I have never met a Pokémon that would have a sudden interest in me before I met a Pokémon partner. I see him thrust his arm up into the air as if he was giving me an answer yes. I stood up straight, now that I have made my decision on a partner to choose for my journey. "Alright, it's settled, then. I guess I will pick Oshawott as my partner." I answered. Oshawott jumped towards me, and luckily I managed to grab him just him time before falling to the floor. On the other hand, it'll be a while for me to think of a nickname for him. Yeah, I do nickname my Pokémon.

"Alright," Bianca stepped forward to the little Tepig. "I will choose this cute little Tepig." She picked Tepig up and hugged him. "And Cheren will get that Snivy." She chose for him.

Cheren snapped his head to Bianca with his eyes a bit wide. "Bianca! Why are YOU the one picking out a Pokémon for me!?" He argued a little, but took a little breath for a second. "Well, I guess it is fine by me, since I wanted to get Snivy from the start. Alright, I will take the Snivy." He eyed the serious Snivy, which was looking back at him with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Awesome!" Bianca jumped with holding her new partner in her arms. "Well, now that everyone has a Pokémon..." She stopped for a moments when a lightbulb has appeared above her head. "Hey, I know! Why don't we have a Pokémon battle! This'll be a great chance to get use to our Pokémon. What do you think, can we?" Bianca said. Me and Charen both looked at each other skeptically.

"Huh?" Me and Cheren both said, eyeing back at Bianca, but Cheren spoke first before I began to speak. "Bianca, you know our Pokémon are still a bit weak. But what's the sense of having a Pokémon battle in this room? Not to mention, Crymson's room. Don't you think it is a bit reckless?" He readjusted his glasses as he waited for an answer from Bianca.

"Cheren is right." I finally spoken up. "What if our Pokémon ends up bumping into or hit anything that might break like my TV or my computer. Or destroying all of my valuables in the process?" I was referring to my hand crafted Pokémon figurines made by my mom and my family back in the Kanto Region, and my pictures of my in different Regions. "It would be best if we do it outside, just to be more safe."

"Guys," Bianca protested. "It'll be fine!. These little Pokémon might be a bit weak, but to make them stronger, a little Pokémon battle won't hurt them." She turned to me, waiting for my reply. "Well, Crymson? Can you have a Pokémon battle with me and my little Tepig?" She held her Pokémon up to her face and gave out a sunny smile. "Pleeeeeeeeease?"

"Well," I spoke. "As much as I don't want to ruin my room, but what the hey! What's so bad about a Pokémon battle." I extended my hand out and pointed at Bianca. "I accept your challenge! But I must warn you that I won't go easy on you. I am going to rock this battle with anticipation!" I bellowed out my catchphrase. I called out Oshwott to stand in front of me.

"You guys..." I could have sworn I heard Cheren saying that under his breath. But me and Bianca ignored it. "Didn't say I warned you, but I will he the referee of this battle. Just don't go overboard." He said to the both of us as we take our sides opposing each other with our Pokémon taking their sides as well.

"All righty, then! Let's do our best, Tepig!" Bianca called to her Tepig. Once Cheren made the signal for the battle to begin, Bianca made her first move. "Alright, Tepig. Go and use Tail Whip!" She commanded. Her Tepig ran to Oshawott and twisted himself. He directly hit Oshawott with its tail, sending him flying to my desk and knocking over my laptop.

I turned to see Oshawott. "You okay, Oshawott?" I said while he stood up. He was about to attack Tepig next until he noticed my laptop got knocked over. Oshawott went to it and stood it up right, then placing it back to where it originally was. Wow, I never noticed I have a Pokémon that cleans up after itself. Well, no time for that, it is my turn to attack! "Alright, Oshawott. Use Tackle, now!" I thrusted my hand forward as my command to Oshawott. My Pokémon jumped from my desk and rammed Tepig to the shelf of my knickknacks and photos. I didn't notice the stuff falling down.

"Hey! You hurt my little Tepig! I'm not letting you do that again! Tepig, Tackle now!" Bianca yelled as her Tepig got up and quickly rammed my Oshawott towards my old Playstation 2 game system. "Good job, Tepig!" Bianca cheered.

A drop of sweat went down my face. "Man, I need to pull myself together and keep going. Otherwise, who knows what will happen to Oshawott..." I thought to myself, but I showed her my signature determined smile. "I will not accept defeat that easily! The battle has just begun!" I shouted as our battle went on for a few more minutes. "Hang in there, Oshawott, don't give up!" I noticed my Oshawott is starting to stagger a bit, even breathing heavily. As well as Bianca's Tepig, they are almost out of energy.

"Oh...I hope I am not making a mess of things?" Bianca scratched her head a bit, feeling a bit uneasy about the outcome of the battle so far. "Even though I don't do well at this, but I got to keep going!" She ball up her fists and held her head high. "Come on, Tepig, Tackle!" Her Tepig staggered for a moment, but maintained its stance as he rammed my Oshawott, knocking him down to the floor.

"Oshawott!" I yelled. Is this the end of my first battle!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.