1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Believe in the Tapu

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, Apr 19, 2018.

1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    As another morning began in Alola, a new kid was arriving. Jade Green was 11 and moving to Alola where she knew she'd have a good time. She had an uncle from another region that lived there now. Grimsley and Emma Green were married and she was moving in with them. She was coming only on Grimsley's decision and agreed to it.

As she walked off the docks she saw a fire ball going at her. "Mimikyu! Shadow Ball!" As Jade turned her head she saw a girl with purple hair smiling at her. "Sorry about that. My friends and I were playing. My name's Acerola. Welcome to Alola. Who's greeting you?"

"That would be me," Gladion responded. Jade remembered Gladion from after Team Skull split up. "Grimsley got wrapped up in an argument with Guzma. You mind helping?" She nodded and walked with Gladion to her summer home and let her Phantump out.

"Oh hello Jade," Grimsley greeted.

"Hi. Nice work Phantump with the cry scare. Anyways you done?"

"Yes. Tonight there is a festival though. So get ready," Gladion responded as he left. Jade looked at Grimsley confused and he smirked.

"You'll see. Just be ready to go," he answered

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Laserdragon14 likes this.
  2. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As Jade dressed in a floral skirt and a green short sleeve top that was a turtleneck style, she walked out and smiled. "You going to be okay in that? It looks warm," Grimsley warned. She nodded and walked over to him and he chuckled. "You used a light material that's not transparent," he mused.

"Sort of. I kept the material of the turtleneck light so then it could be breezy but I also sewed in the same tone of green tank top underneath. So I'd say it's a turtlecho. A turtleneck poncho if you will," she answered. Grimsley and Gladion shrugged at that since Jade did like to design clothes. "Do we have time to go buy me a t-shirt though? Like a normal one?" Gladion nodded and flew off with her pretty quickly. "I never thought you'd be the one to shop," she mused.

"Call it your lucky day. Now go pick one. Preferably a dark color," he answered. She nodded and grabbed her favorite color. Navy blue. As she paid she went in the changeroom and slipped it on. She felt relieved that it was a light enough material but it also fit her body like a sweater would back in Unova.

"Now let's go to this festival," she decided as they flew off. As soon as they arrived, Grimsley and Emma were waiting. "Sorry we were late. I just didn't feel like wearing a turtlecho," she warned.

"You came up with a new one again. Now see those Pokémon? You'll get to pick one," Emma answered. She nodded and as soon as Grimsley walked over a man with a lab coat smiled.

"Grimsley you old timer, this must be your niece. It's nice to meet you. I'm Professor Kukui," he greeted. Jade was a little taken aback by how welcoming he was but smiled regardless. "Go ahead and pick one of those Pokémon. The boy there is Cheren. He's a," Kukui began before Jade smirked. "You know him."

"Cheren taught me when I went to the Pokémon school," she answered as she walked over and tapped his shoulder. "Long time no see eh Cheren?"

"Jade?!"

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  3. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    As Jade and Cheren looked at each other he was impressed. "Jade you look good for 11. I almost didn't recognize you," he teased. She chuckled at that and pulled her hair up. "You going to do the island challenge?"

"Island Challenge?" She looked to Kukui and Grimsley

"Yeah. The Island Challenge is a way to be recognized by our guardians. Up ahead is the monument for Tapu Koko if you want to go take a look." Jade nodded and walked up towards the trail that she could translate into Mahalo. As she got to the bridge she saw a small Pokémon being attacked by a flock of Spearow and Pidgey. She felt scared when she saw the rickety bridge but her love for Pokémon was one that she wouldn't deny. She ran up to the flock and covered what she could now recognize as a Pichu and Ralts from the attacks.

As the attacks kept up, Jade noticed the bridge was going to give out, so she grabbed the Pichu and Ralts and ran with them to the other side and noticed the bridge was about to collapse so she tossed Ralts and Pichu onto the ledge and jumped to grab the cliff. As she held on she groaned in pain. She hadn't been climbing in a while. "Jade?!" She could hear Cheren's worried voice.

"I'm over here! I need a hand!" As Cheren and Grimsley saw where she was they immediately let out their grass type Pokémon to grab her.

"Serperior use your vines to support Jade," Cheren ordered.

"Bulbasaur you too!" Grimsley was worried about Jade's current position. As she was pulled up the Ralts and Torchic bombarded her and she laughed before hearing a cry that made everyone around her stop dead in their tracks. "That was-," Grimsley breathed.

"Tapu Koko's cry," Cheren added before gasping. As Jade turned around she saw why they were so shocked. Tapu Koko was right in front of them.

"Tapu Koko," she breathed. It said nothing and left a stone before taking off. "That was weird."

"Let's take that stone to Kahuna Hala. He might know what to do," Grimsley answered.