1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Bicycle in Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Zen1, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Zen1

Zen1 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽75.4
    I think a bike would be a great addition to the game. The bicycle is iconic in the anime, core games and Oak memes. Players could explore further than by simply walking.
    Benefits:
    Hatch eggs much faster
    Collect candy much faster
    Avatar displayed on-screen on a bicycle
    Potential for micro transactions (cyclist outfits, different helmet designs, bicycle designs, great for Niantic).

Drawbacks:
    Cannot catch Pokémon
    Cannot spin Pokestops
    This is to ensure the rider focuses on the road ahead, and avoids accidents.
    Maybe allow the use of a Go Plus device for catching and spinning.
    Limited to maybe 12mph. This is a decent speed on a bike, yet painfully slow in a car. This can help discourage people from driving distracted.

What do you think?

Airsetla likes this.
  2. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I think it sounds like a good idea, but possibly raise the speed a bit? maybe to 15 or 20 mph?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    For hatching eggs, this sounds amazing! It could pose the risk of someone checking their phone while speeding on their bike though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I'd like it if whenever I was driving and allowing Pokémon Go to run while my screen is off, for the avatar to switch from running to a bicycle. Though I wouldn't mind a permanent boost to egg hatching, if the bike could be bought with in-game coins. Loss of catching over having to buy incubators repeatedly, sounds like a good idea to me. It could be stupidly expensive too, just like they are in the games. Or if you go to a Go event on a bike and take a commemorative photo, you get it for free.