1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Black 2 Nuzlocke: Mandy's Revenge (complete)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Mandriel, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    ARE YOU READY TO LOCK SOME NUZES???

I'm back, guys! Here I am with yet another Nuzlocke challenge, seeking revenge against the world after my defeat halfway through my White playthough! Now I'm back with my copy of Pokémon Black 2 (well technically, it's my sister's, but she doesn't know I still have it and she doesn't need to know) to reclaim my dignity!

So, here are some rules for this playthrough:

- If a Pokémon faints, it is considered 'dead' and must be permanently boxed.
    - Only the first Pokémon found on each route can be caught. If I accidentally knock out the first Pokémon, I cannot catch the next. If the first Pokémon is one I have already caught, it doesn't count as my first encounter and I can try again.
    - No legendaries unless 1) the game forces me to catch it or 2) it's the first Pokémon on the route.
    - All Pokémon must be nicknamed.
    - If I find a shiny, I can catch it regardless of whether or not it was the first Pokémon found on the route.

To encourage myself to be more careful during battles, I'm naming every one of my Pokémon after dogs I have personally known. This is either going to make me perform better, or torture me.

Let's find out which one! :D

I received my starter from Bianca. As I chose tepig in my last run, I decided not to pick it this time. Instead, I chose:

NAME: Bean
    LEVEL: 5
    NATURE: Timid

Named him after a good soft boy.

My rival (who I named Who for some reason) promptly challenged me to a battle. The only reason I won was because he spontaneously decided to use Tail Whip instead of Tackle when I was down to 4 hp. Thanks, Who!

Once I was finally allowed to explore the tall grass, I set out in search of a new partner! And what I found was... Oh for the love of-

NAME: Roxy
    LEVEL: 4
    NATURE: Bashful

(FYI, I'm not naming him after the Gym Leader. I'm naming him after the demon chihuahua that I have to walk past every day to get out of my street. I'm sticking with my naming theme here.)

Since Bean's timid nature cuts his physical attack and he doesn't know any special moves yet, I'm relying on Roxy to battle trainers at the moment.

So I ground the two of them up to level 7 before running into the cool hippie champion himself, Alder.

I'm going to go to bed now, but I'll be back with an update tomorrow! Until next time!

TEAM:
    Bean - Snivy

Roxy - Patrat

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  2. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Following this. Hope you complete this nuzlocke!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Thanks! I hope so, too! ^^

4. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    On the next route, I caught myself my next Pokémon:

NAME: Josie
    LEVEL: 3
    NATURE: Bold

I named her after this adorable little pomeranian I know. She can be my backup incase anything happens to Bean.

In the ranch, I was hoping to find a riolu or mareep, but instead...

NAME: Archie
    LEVEL: 5
    NATURE: Modest

I named him after this big, soft, dumb yellow labrador I used to walk. The fact that he's a water-type also suits his name.

I'm spending some more time levelling up my mons in the ranch. I'm mostly focusing on Roxy and Archie to get me past the first gym. I've already beaten the two gym trainers (they did no damage to my Pokémon, choosing instead to spam Leer), so the next trainer battle I'll have will be against Cheren.

TEAM:
    Bean - Snivy

Roxy - Patrat

Archie - Psyduck

Josie - Sewaddle

#4 Nov 22, 2017
  5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I'm back!

Archie beat Cheren with relative ease. And by that, I mean in OHKOed his lillipup thanks to a critical hit. But still, relative ease! I got two TMs afterwards to boot: Work Up (which I am never going to use) and Return (which I am definitely going to use).

I'm finally able to travel to the next area, where I encountered my first Pokémon...

NAME: Ralph
    LEVEL: 2
    NATURE: Impish

Named after a nice corgi who was an incredibly good boy.

When I saw him, I freaked our for a second because my entire team except Josie is level 11-14 and his Gust attack almost knocked my sewaddle out, but he stayed in the one and only ball I threw at him without me even needing to weaken him. He's going to need to go through a lot of training to be on par with the rest of the team... I'm just hoping I'll come across a stronger flying-type I can use to replace him.

Once I got to Virbank City, I caught another Pokémon outside the complex:

NAME: Sparky
    LEVEL: 10
    NATURE: Calm

I named them after another small dog I know. I was also about to catch a magby inside the complex (it's technically a new area), but I had to flee before it could murder Bean.

I'm currently levelling up Ralph and Sparky. I'm planning on using Archie and Sparky against the next gym, Archie because he's finally learned Confusion and Sparky because their immunity against poison Pokémon will be invaluable. I'm trying to level Bean up asap so he can learn some Special moves.

TEAM:
    Bean - Snivy

Roxy - Patrat

Archie - Psyduck

Josie - Sewaddle

Ralph - Pidove

Sparky - Magnemite

#5 Nov 23, 2017
  6. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I just realised I'd made a mistake here. The magby wasn't the first Pokémon I came across in the complex. The first was another magnemite, and then I came across a koffing I caught. I was tired at the time and forgot to record it, so sorry about the mistake =.= Anyway, I swapped him out for Josie, since he's stronger and a new element type.

NAME: Gus
    LEVEL: 11
    NATURE: Timid

Named him after a poodle that barked a lot. I don't recall ever liking that dog, but Gus is growing on me despite the fact that I haven't used him yet. Look at that adorable grin!

TEAM:
    Bean - Snivy

Roxy - Patrat

Archie - Psyduck

Ralph - Pidove

Sparky - Magnemite

Gus - Koffing

BOX:
    Josie - Sewaddle

#6 Nov 23, 2017
  7. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Right, so quite a lot happened since last time, so I've got lots to talk about.

First of all, Bean evolved. Yay! He now knows Leaf Tornado to make up for his bad Attack stat.

Using Sparky and Archie, I got through Roxie's Gym with little trouble. I then went back to Virbank Complex to level the two of them up a little, only for Sparky to be promptly knocked out by a wild magnemite's Sonic Boom.

*Screaming*

Well, someone was going to die sooner or later... Rest in peace, little magnet.

I managed to resist the urge to keep making movies in Pokestar Studios and headed over to Castelia Sewers to train, taking advantage of the fact that my rival was there to heal my Pokémon. There, I came across:

NAME: Lola
    LEVEL: 16
    NATURE: Modest

That cheered me up immensely. I freaking love zubats. I named her after this giant good old dog that lives near me.

I spent ages training my team there before battling Team Plasma. In the Relic Passage place, I found this little guy:

NAME: Jasper
    LEVEL: 19
    NATURE: Mild

Named him after my own dog: a good little boy with great paws who likes to sniff things.

I found this Pokémon breeder north of Castelia who I can keep coming back for rematches, and I've been using her to train since the sewers. I've finally gotten Lola to evolve (yay!). I also later evolved Roxy; he's steadily becoming more useful with moves such as Hypnosis, Return and Crunch. I then found this dude along the route:

NAME: Chippo
    LEVEL: 17
    NATURE: Calm

Named him after this tiny dachshund who ate literally everything. I admit, I've never actually used a scraggy before, opting to use sandiles instead whenever I could. But Chippo's already proven to be pretty useful with Feint Attack, Brick Break, and his Moxie ability.

Anyway, I headed over to Burgh's Gym and Lola destroyed everyone and everything in it. I then went back to training with the breeder, evolving Josie, who I then deposited in favour of Gus. Now that I have a dark type on my team, I don't need to hold onto Josie as a counter against psychic Pokémon, and Gus has far fewer weaknesses than her.

I'm going to head off to battle Colress soon. I hope I don't get anyone else killed! *Sobs* Rest in peace, Sparky... It looks like I won't have a magnezone by my side at the Elite Four...

TEAM:
    Bean - Servine

Lola - Golbat

Roxy - Watchog

Chippo - Scraggy

Archie - Psyduck

Gus - Koffing

BOX:
    Ralph - Pidove
    Jasper - Drilbur
    Josie - Swadloon

DEAD :
    Sparky - Magnemite

#7 Nov 24, 2017
  8. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I entered the Desert Resort and took full advantage of my Dowsing Machine so I could get as many free items as possible. What I really love about the Desert Resort though, is that there are technically three areas. So you know what that means!

Outside the Desert Resort:

NAME: Monty
    LEVEL: 18
    NATURE: Jolly

Named after this giant German Shepard I knew. He looked scary, but was a good boy at heart.

Inside the Desert Resort:

NAME: Milo
    LEVEL: 21
    NATURE: Rash

Named after an amazing brown labrador. Very good girl.

And finally, inside those ruin things:

NAME: Bill
    LEVEL: 18
    NATURE: Impish

Yeah, I know a dog called Bill. I also thought it would be a funny name for a ghost Pokémon.

I figured I needed a ground-type for Elesa's Gym, so I took Jasper out of the PC to train. Unfortunately, he was soon killed by a wild sandshew's Magnitude. There goes another (soon-to-be) steel-type... Rest in peace.

Anyway, east and west of Nimbasa City, I came across these dudes:

NAME: Mocha
    LEVEL: 24
    NATURE: Relaxed

NAME: Chino
    LEVEL: 23
    NATURE: Quirky

In the Lostlorn Forest, I came across a cottonee but accidentally killed it (nice work, Roxy). On the plus side though, I came across another breeder with stronger Pokémon who I've been using to train my Pokémon since. I kept thinking that if I went to him to train earlier, Jasper would still be alive :(

Anyway, I evolved Lola and took Milo and Monty out of the PC to train, since Jasper's dead and I needed another ground-type to fight Elesa with. I evolved the two of them and went to challenge Elesa's Gym. Milo KOed everything and I dropped Monty back into the PC before carrying on.

TEAM:
    Bean - Servine

Lola - Crobat

Roxy - Watchog

Chippo - Scraggy

Archie - Psyduck

Milo - Vibrava

BOX:
    Ralph - Pidove
    Josie - Swadloon
    Gus - Koffing
    Bill - Yamask
    Mocha - Minccino
    Chino - Gothita
    Monty - Krokorok

DEAD :
    Sparky - Magnemite
    Jasper - Drilbur

#8 Nov 25, 2017
  9. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Heyo, poking in for a bit of advice you probably shouldn't listen to.

For your ground type, Krokorok might be an alright one to keep...if it has Moxie. I hear thats a good ability for the good Pokémon. Idk though, dont listen to me.

10. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    No, that is pretty good advice :P Both Monty and Chippo have Moxie and although I favour the sandile line, I've never used a scraggy or its evolutions before, so I'm giving them a go to see how they perform. Though, if Chippo ever does get killed off, Monty is most likely going to be his replacement.

11. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Hello fellow nerds! Sorry for the hiatus, I was away without internet for a week and unable to update my adventure. Anyway, without further ado, let's continue!

On the bridge, I got myself a nice ducky:

NAME: Rosie
    LEVEL: 26
    NATURE: Naughty

Named her after a pure cinnamon role of a Golden Retriever.

*Strums guitar* So I was finally able to travel to Driftveil City, where I found some ex-Team Plasma dudes who gave me a zorua for free. I'm going to have to break my 'nickname every Pokémon' rule here because I actually can't nickname this little guy. Regardless, I'm not planning on using him on my team for now as I already have Chino as a dark-type.

NAME: ... Zorua...
    LEVEL: 25
    NATURE: Hasty

Using Archie and Bean, I beat all of the Gym trainers but stopped at Clay. Since this guy single-handedly ended my last Nuzlocke, I'm taking proper precautions and training my entire team before I even think about battling him. Archie will evolve in just a few levels and Bean will probably evolve after enough grinding. I don't know how much I'll have to train them, but it won't hurt to be prepared.

I'm trying to grind the rest of my team up a few more levels, too. At level 36, Milo is one of my strongest Pokémon next to Lola - who finally learned Acrobatics and is OHKOing every opponent she's facing - and Roxy - who is a powerhouse with his STAB Return attack. I'm actually beginning to regret naming him after a dog I don't like; he's proved to be a really great asset so far.

I am so proud of my team.

One more thing: I came across another Pokémon in the route west/north of Driftveil:

NAME: Nala
    LEVEL: 23
    NATURE: Serious

I named her after this great dog who resembles a hyperactive chicken nugget.

So yeah. I caught some Pokémon, I trained the ones I already have... I guess I'll post again once I challenge Clay. I really hope I don't get my entire team killed again! :D

Team:
    Bean - Servine

Lola - Crobat

Archie - Psyduck

Roxy - Watchog

Lola - Vibrava

Chippo - Scraggy

BOX:
    Ralph - Pidove
    Josie - Swadloon
    Gus - Koffing
    Bill - Yamask
    Mocha - Minccino
    Chino - Gothita
    Monty - Krokorok
    Rosie - Ducklett
    Zorua - Zorua
    Nala - Deerling

DEAD :
    Sparky - Magnemite
    Jasper - Drilbur

#11 Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  12. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Waddup, my dudes? I'm back! Join us today for the Christmas special of my Black 2 Nuzlocke!

During my adventures training Archie, I got the little duckie to evolve! Yay! It's a Christmas miracle! :D I also caught myself this little child:

NAME: Oscar
    LEVEL: 25
    NATURE: Careful

Named him after this soft dog I don't know the breed of but trust me when I say he's adorable. I've never used a Joltik before, though I really like its evolutionary line.

I eventually made my way over to Clay's Gym when I was finally confident in my ability to beat him. I used his Gym trainers to grind Bean, Archie and Chippo up a little before I finally reached the man himself.

Clay: the dude who ended my last Nuzlocke with a single Pokémon. It was time for our rematch. A battle that would affect the course of my entire run.

Archie downed his krokorok and sandslash in one hit each. Then Clay sent out his dreaded excadrill. Archie's Water Pulse brought it down to almost red health and despite it healing itself a little with a Sitrus berry, I knew that it would only take one more hit to defeat it. The excadrill then used Bulldoze, which lowered Archie's speed but still left him on green health. I commanded Archie to use Water Pulse one more time, but its lowered speed meant that the excadrill moved first. It used Rock Slide, which just happened to land a critical hit, which KOed my poor duckie boy.

Rest in peace, Archie. You were the best water boy I could have asked for.

Chippo KOed the excadrill with a Brick Break, but the damage has been done. There went my kind-of psychic duck. I'm sorry for feeling mildly disappointed when I found you instead of a mareep or riolu, Archie :(

Ok, ok, I'm over it now. I'm over my loss. Alright, I'm not really but still. Life goes on, and I need to move forward. It's what he would have wanted.

I replaced Archie with Oscar, since I might as well give the little bug a go to see how he performs. I also decided to replace Roxy. I've begun to notice he's starting to get outperformed by others on my team and even some wild Pokémon, and I don't want to wait until he gets killed off to replace him. He deserves better than that. I withdrew Chino in his place because my team could use a psychic Pokémon. Even though I already have a counter for poison and fighting types in Milo and Lola respectively. It's Christmas, so I can do what I want.

And then I got the HM for Surf. None of my Pokémon can learn it. At least, none of the ones that are still alive that I actually want to use...

Anyway, tis the season or whatever. Have a great holiday, my nerds/geeks! Remember Archie for the duck he was and vow vengeance on Clay, who will stop at nothing to sabotage my Nuzlocke challenges!

Until next time!

TEAM:
    Bean - Servine

Lola - Crobat

Chippo - Scraggy

Milo - Vibrava

Oscar - Joltik

Chino - Gothita

BOX:
    Ralph - Pidove
    Josie - Swadloon
    Gus - Koffing
    Bill - Yamask
    Mocha - Minccino
    Monty - Krokorok
    Rosie - Ducklett
    Zorua - Zorua
    Nala - Deerling
    Roxy - Watchog

DEAD :
    Sparky - Magnemite
    Jasper - Drilbur
    Archie - Golduck

#12 Dec 24, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  13. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    It's amazing how originally, you were so reluctant to use Archie, but as he grew up he proved his worth. RIP, he will be missed ;___; Gotta say though, Scrafty is a monster of a Pokémon. Awesome defenses and pretty good attack, and although it has low speed its other stats make up for it. Brick Break + Crunch will be your best friends.

14. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I've never used a psyduck before, and I was really surprised how good it and its evolution was. I don't think I fully appreciated him until I lost him :(

Chippo's just one level away from evolving and I can't wait ^^ He's learnt both Brick Break and Crunch, and he's doing a fantastic job at destroying everything in his path :D

15. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Hello there, my dudes. I'm back again!

We made our way through Chargestone Cave unscathed. Once outside and after some grinding in the grass, Chino and Bean evolved. Yay! Also, I got my capture for that route:

NAME: Barkley
    LEVEL: 33
    NATURE: Bashful

I named him after this awesome chunky boy of a corgi I know. And I'm not the only person who finds it weird that cubchoo is essentially the 'snot bear' Pokémon, am I?

After a while, I was finally able to get Oscar to evolve, too. He outspeeds everything, making his Electro Ball attack super duper powerful. Also, while training in that dead Pokémon tower thing, we found this small dude:

NAME: Benji
    LEVEL: 27
    NATURE: Careful

Named him after this giant adventurous old dog that lives nearby. Thinking back, the name's probably not too fitting for this Pokémon, but whatever.

Also, I got a Lucky Egg! Now grinding is much easier! :D

I eventually made my way to Mistralton Gym (the name of the place always makes me hungry because it reminds me of minestrone) where Oscar basically destroyed everything. I'm very proud of him.

I ground the team up a little more before Skyla flew us to Lentimus Town, which sounds like lentils, which makes me even hungrier. I swapped Chino out for Benji because it won't hurt to have a fire-type on my team and headed into the grass to train. There, Chippo finally evolved (HECK YES!) and I caught this puffy boi:

NAME: Bluey
    LEVEL: 33

He shares his name with my cousin's dog. He also reminds me of Boo from my Diamond Nuzlocke...

Also, in Spooky Ghost Place #2, I cam across another nice Pokémon:

NAME: Tilda
    LEVEL: 32
    NATURE: Gentle

I also named her after another one of my cousin's dogs.

So, yeah, that's about all that's happened so far. I'm trying to train Benji some more as he's 6-10 levels lower than the rest of my team.

Until next time!

Bean - Serperior

Milo - Vibrava

Benji - Litwick

Lola - Crobat

Oscar - Galvantula

Chippo - Scrafty

BOX:
    Ralph - Pidove
    Josie - Swadloon
    Gus - Koffing
    Bill - Yamask
    Mocha - Minccino
    Monty - Krokorok
    Rosie - Ducklett
    Zorua - Zorua
    Nala - Deerling
    Roxy - Watchog
    Barkley - Cubchoo
    Chino - Gothorita
    Bluey - Drifblim
    Tilda - Banette

DEAD :
    Sparky - Magnemite
    Jasper - Drilbur
    Archie - Golduck

#15 Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  16. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    So, my DS battery has been weird for the past while. I had to find the smallest screwdriver in the house to take it out and reinstall it and it seems to be working just fine for now, but there's a possibility I might need to get a new one.

Anyway, I got though that volcano mountain thing just fine. No casualties at all :) I was able to catch myself a good boi.

NAME: Pretto
    NATURE: Sassy

Named him after a good soft child. His name reminds me of pretzels, which is good.

And I also evolved Benji! Yeah! :D

I withdrew Rosie and taught her Surf so I could catch a Pokémon in Undella Bay. I then tossed her back into the PC after I caught one. Bye bye, Rosie. One day, you might be useful again.

NAME: Skipper
    NATURE: Hardy

I backtracked to Lentil Town to get a Dusk Stone to evolve Benji before heading south of Undella Town to train.

And then Chippo was murdered by an Ace Trainer's gligar.

*Screams into a pillow*

I just... How about no? No! Nooooooooooo!

Argghhhh I liked that delinquent :( I decided to swap him out for Skipper the staryu since it's about time I put a water-type on my team. I considered using Monty instead, but I already have a ground-type with me and too many Pokémon on my team have a weakness against ice Pokémon.

So, I hunted down a Water Stone to evolve Skipper and I'm looking for the TM for Psychic to teach them some decent moves.

Ughhhhh, so, that's all that's happened. Some Pokémon gained, some Pokémon lost. But life will go on and we'll keep in mind those who fought beside us on our journey.

Bean - Serperior

Skipper - Starmie

Milo - Vibrava

Benji - Chandelure

Oscar - Galvantula

Lola - Crobat

BOX:
    Ralph - Pidove
    Josie - Swadloon
    Gus - Koffing
    Bill - Yamask
    Mocha - Minccino
    Monty - Krokorok
    Rosie - Ducklett
    Zorua - Zorua
    Nala - Deerling
    Roxy - Watchog
    Barkley - Cubchoo
    Chino - Gothorita
    Bluey - Drifblim
    Tilda - Banette
    Pretto - Woobat

DEAD :
    Sparky - Magnemite
    Jasper - Drilbur
    Archie - Golduck
    Chippo - Scrafty

17. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Trying to cope without Chippo, I ground my team up a few more levels. With the help of the Lucky Egg, Skipper was able to quickly catch up with everyone else. Also, Milo evolved! Yaaaay!

Also, I caught this dude before he could murder Skipper:

NAME: Bo
    LEVEL: 35
    NATURE: Sassy

Since I'm running out of dog names, I named him after a cat. A good cat. A soft ginger cat. Also, I like Bo Burnham.

Also, in that town that's basically a giant bridge, I caught this thing in the water:

NAME: Daisy
    NATURE: Bold

I named her after one of the cutest little dogs I have ever laid eyes on. And I've laid eyes on a lot of cute little dogs.

I ended up challenging Drayden's Gym mainly with Skipper and Lola. But Lola mostly because Drayden's Pokémon had Dark-type moves and I wasn't ready to lose another Pokémon just yet. Lola was able to take on Drayden's team really well, with his Haxorus being unable to land a hit on her. The moral of the story is: Catch a zubat and you will be rewarded.

Then Team Plasma showed up and everything was GREAT until Oscar DIED because of A GRUNT'S FREAKING WEEZING.

OH YEAH, THAT'S A THING THAT HAPPENED.

Now we're in Humiliation City or whatever, training before we challenge the Gym Leader. I've withdrawn Josie because I need a Pokémon that's super effective against Dark-types and am trying to get her to evolve. Also, Leavanny is incredibly useful despite its double weaknesses against Fire and Flying Pokémon.

Until next time, I guess.

Bean - Serperior

Josie - Swadloon

Skipper - Starmie

Benji - Chandelure

Milo - Flygon

Lola - Crobat

BOX:
    Ralph - Pidove
    Gus - Koffing
    Bill - Yamask
    Mocha - Minccino
    Monty - Krokorok
    Rosie - Ducklett
    Zorua - Zorua
    Nala - Deerling
    Roxy - Watchog
    Barkley - Cubchoo
    Chino - Gothorita
    Bluey - Drifblim
    Tilda - Banette
    Pretto - Woobat
    Bo - Absol
    Daisy - Marill

DEAD :
    Sparky - Magnemite
    Jasper - Drilbur
    Archie - Golduck
    Chippo - Scrafty
    Oscar - Galvantula

#17 Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    ... Soooooooo.....

I was training Josie a little, fighting some roggenrolas, minding my own business when one of them landed a critical hit. The good news is: Josie wasn't harmed. The bad news is: Bean was the one I had out on that turn.

My starter Pokémon, one of the strongest Pokémon on my team... Was killed by a roggenrola.

Well, that's a new record for my personal list of Worst Nuzlocke Losses, right next to that time my entire team got curbstomped by an exadrill because I didn't know it was part Steel. I think I've been getting careless recently, three Pokémon have died in these past three posts. That's half a team. Oh geez, half my team has been killed and replaced so quickly...

After pushing through my denial, I withdrew Bo the absol. I considered withdrawing Barkley the cubchoo, but Dark Pokémon would be much more useful than Ice Pokémon right now. Regardless, I ignored Bo and focused on training Josie instead. She evolved incredibly quickly after I fed her all the vitamins I had in my bag. I'm proud of my buff leaf bug girl.

I did what I knew Bean would have always wanted me to do and explored around the City, catching two teammates in the process:

NAME: Vincent
    LEVEL: 35

NAME: Storm
    LEVEL: 39
    NATURE: Naughty

Named after a young dog and an old dog. Both are very good.

I swapped Bo out for Storm because I might as well have a Fighting-type back on my team. I just need to train it up to level 50 for it to evolve. But if it faints, Bo will be right back in the crew, hanging out with the Cool Kids.

... Just then while challenging the gym, Storm was OHKOed by a Walrein's critical hit Ice Fang...

Ughhhh...... Bean.......... We'll never forget you. Or at least, I never will. Don't worry, we'll beat this game for you! You will be avenged! I will destroy every roggenrolla that crosses my path!

Leave your worst Nuzlocke experiences in the comments! Share the shame!

Milo - Flygon

Skipper - Starmie

Josie - Leavanny

Benji - Chandelure

Bo - Absol

Lola - Crobat

BOX:
    Ralph - Pidove
    Gus - Koffing
    Bill - Yamask
    Mocha - Minccino
    Monty - Krokorok
    Rosie - Ducklett
    Zorua - Zorua
    Nala - Deerling
    Roxy - Watchog
    Barkley - Cubchoo
    Chino - Gothorita
    Bluey - Drifblim
    Tilda - Banette
    Pretto - Woobat
    Bo - Absol
    Daisy - Marill
    Vincent - Seel

DEAD :
    Sparky - Magnemite
    Jasper - Drilbur
    Archie - Golduck
    Chippo - Scrafty
    Oscar - Galvantula
    Bean - Serperior
    Storm - Mienfoo

19. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Okie dokie. Soooo....

I went ahead and challenged the Gym once all my Pokémon were level 50. Josie's proven to be an excellent replacement for Bean as she breezed through all the trainers. The only Pokémon she had trouble with was Marlon's carracosta as it had the Sturdy ability and his wailord, which had Bounce. Thankfully, nobody was killed and I got my final badge. Yaaaaaaay!

We then went to storm Team Plasma's hideout. Everything was fine and dandy until Bo got murdered by Zinzolin's grunt's scolipede.

*Deep sigh"

Ok. It's fine. This is fine. We're fine. I'll just... Get another Pokémon, grind it up to level 52 and carry on. This is fine. We're fine. I'm fine.

I withdrew Zorua the zorua and have begun to train him. I'm thinking I'll keep him unevolved until he reaches level 57, when he learns Night Daze, since it's way too long for me to wait for him to learn it as a zoroark.

Oh yeah, I also came across a delibird in the Giant Chasm, but since I didn't want one, I just KOed it.

Milo - Flygon

Zorua - Zorua

Josie - Leavanny

Skipper - Starmie

Benji - Chandelure

Lola - Crobat

BOX:
    Ralph - Pidove
    Gus - Koffing
    Bill - Yamask
    Mocha - Minccino
    Monty - Krokorok
    Rosie - Ducklett
    Nala - Deerling
    Roxy - Watchog
    Barkley - Cubchoo
    Chino - Gothorita
    Bluey - Drifblim
    Tilda - Banette
    Pretto - Woobat
    Bo - Absol
    Daisy - Marill
    Vincent - Seel

DEAD :
    Sparky - Magnemite
    Jasper - Drilbur
    Archie - Golduck
    Chippo - Scrafty
    Oscar - Galvantula
    Bean - Serperior
    Storm - Mienfoo
    Bo - Absol

20. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Beaten most of Team Plasma. I've been training outside the Giant Chasm and am ready to challenge Ghetsis. Will report back once I do.