1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Circle pad cover replacement?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ryan, Jan 23, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Hey! I'm planning on getting the N3DS soon, but it looks like the rubber circle pad cover on my 3DS XL won't last that long. It's starting to rip, and it's peeling on the edges. :(

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good brands to replace this (preferably without sending in my 3DS). I've seen some on Amazon that, while I have the money for, either don't let the 3DS close or have trouble with the XL. I'd prefer to go to a physical store rather than online one, if possible.

Thanks for your time, any suggestions will be appreciated!

2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Is it just the rubber part you want replace, like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo9kj8YaFbs

Or the entire pad? Sadly I don't know any stores that sell them that's not online. I've found both the rubber caps and whole circle pads including a guide on how to replace the circle pad on your own https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+3DS+XL+Circle+Pad+Replacement/25074

I could find this one here on Amazon, is a complete replacement of the pad though.
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    It's just the rubber cover. The problem is some of them don't allow the DS to close anymore, which is pretty important.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Yeah I've heard that, I've also heard they stick to the console especially on the 3DS XL making movements choppy. Is the only things I can find when I dive into the net, is either a full replacement or those rubber caps. Hope you find something, sadly I couldn't be of better help.

5. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    I know there are some GameStops that sell replacement caps. Don't really have much else to suggest. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.