1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Clefairy Home

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by phineas81707, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    I'm writing a story set in Omega Ruby, with one major story element being that Hoenn is overrun with invasive species (there's a plot point in there, but I don't know if it's Magma or Aqua's fault at present). As such, I intend to give May a variety of Pokémon, one of which being Clefairy. When I started thinking of locations for the Clefairy to go, I immediately thought "Meteor Falls".

But now I want to outright skip the Falls.

There's not a lot of story reason for May to go to Meteor Falls- most of the events can be either hand-waved off-screen or moved to Mt. Chimney, and going to Meteor Falls and then back again is just needless padding from a story perspective (though understandable in-game). But at the same time, I've got no idea where to put Clefairy now. Does anyone know another place in Hoenn that it might be understandable Clefairy gather (or a Clefairy to appear, period?)

2. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    How about Sky Pillar, it's not great but if you think about it, it's near space and is probably the tallest location in Hoenn, I could see Celfairy appearing there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Meteor Falls is pretty close to the like of Rustboro City and Fallarbor Town, so you could have them cluster in Route 115 and Route 114.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    You could always do what the manga tends to do, and give May a Clefairy as her first Pokémon, then have her receive her "starter" as her second Pokémon. There are a few examples of this, such as Red owning his Poliwhirl before getting a Bulbasaur, Gold having his Aipom and Poliwag before getting Cyndaquil, Silver owning a Sneasel before he steals a Totodile, Crystal has her whole team of 6 before she gets a Chikorita, and Ruby has a Skitty and a Poochyena (and one other, but I'm not sure) before he gets his Mudkip.

5. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    I'm not so sure about the first two (Sky Pillar is Delta Episode only, and I'm stopping going north at Mount Chimney), but by this point, I think Clefairy is going to have to become a gift Pokémon, maybe replacing Castform. Or maybe she's got something to do with the Magma Hideout arc...

6. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    What do you plan on having as the invasive species? Is it going to be a Pokémon species, or something else? For a twist, you could always have the Clefairy evolution line be the invasive species. Clefairy are believed to be an outer-space (alien) species, right? ( I may be wrong, its been awhile tbh ). If you wanted to include the Team Aqua plotline, you could say that all the clefairy came to Hoenn due to the high tides Kyogre caused. A lot of people believe the moon has a lot to do with the tides and such, so perhaps the Clefairy came around to dance for the moon, hoping it would end the floods and rain.

Or, the invasive species could be hunting down clefairy, making their populations run low. Maybe there's a center that is working on increasing clefairy populations, and that center gave May one as a gift, because perhaps Clefairy are the key to stopping the invasive species?

All of this probably has nothing to do with your plot, but I wanted to throw out ideas :s

7. phineas81707

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.8
    No, the invasive species thing is that, quite literally, every Pokémon from Kanto through Kalos, and even some outside those regions, can be found in Kanto. Brendan remarks "I found a Mantyke, two Beedrill, a Vulpix and a Wingull" as his report on Route 103.

May currently has a Grovyle, a Growlithe (the very one that replaced Poochyena in the starter event), a Luxio, a Delphi, a Buneary, and a Lupus.

The Gym Leaders even get in the act: Roxanne (Geodude, Dwebble, Nosepass), Brawly (Timburr, Riolu, Makuhita), and Wattson (Flaaffy, Luxio, Manectric).

At the moment, I haven't decided who benefits from the introduction: Team Magma (the evil team using cybernetics) or Team Aqua (the good team who speaks for the Pokémon).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.