1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Comics, Graphic Novels and Cartoon Strips

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Almandine-G, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Available to us, across several media platforms, is a whole variety of comics, graphic novels and (you guessed it) cartoon strips. As can be clearly seen, apart from the general idea of laying out the images in seperate sections of a page, comics vary greatly be it in artisitic style, story or even character development.

When making comics or so on, how do you go about it? Do you prefer working solo or in a group? Do you write a whole story out before you do the art or think of it as you go along? In general, what sort of characters would you come up with? What story ideas too, and settings? Do you enjoy making comics, or are they a tad too tedious for your liking? And finally (the important one!) do you have any comic ideas in the works at all?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Well I've actually made a few comic pages back when I was still in school, they all got printed in the school's paper. I prefer working alone tbh since then I can just do whatever I want without having to ask if this and this is alright. I drew all the panels before I started drawing, I always started with the characters to ensure they were placed right them I made the landscape/background. I haven't made any comics since I was in school nor do I really plan on either even if I enjoyed making them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I made a bunch of comics when I was younger. They sucked back then, and looking back at them now, they suck even more XD

Nowadays, I tend to stick to single-paged strips with no particular story. I use stickman style to keep it as simple as possible (also, it's practically impossible to screw up stickman style, even for me).

I never did any comics in a group. However, if someone else were to draw and I had to write a storyline, I would enjoy helping them out.

4. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I've tried making comics before, but I failed because I didn't understand the style well enough to use it. I do prefer working alone, just because then I have all the creative freedom for my own ideas.

I've considered trying comics again recently, making a section of a story I'm already writing visual instead of verbal, but I still don't really make very well flowing or well drawn comics. :sweat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.