1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Creatémon Challenge: April 2021

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BZRich64, Apr 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Creatémon Challenge: April 2021

What Is The Creatémon Challenge?

The Creatémon (that's "Create-A-'Mon") Challenge is a monthly event where you, the wonderful members of Lake Valor, can work on creating your own Pokémon that fits within a certain theme that changes from month to month.

Rules & Regulations

• Each entry must include a name, type and visual representation in order to account. Other details may be included but are not required.
    • Any art style can be used for the visual part of the entry.
    • All submissions must contain at least one Fakemon or alternate form created specifically for the event. Evolutions/pre-evolutions/alternate forms of official Pokémon will be accepted unless stated otherwise in the monthly them. Evolutions, etc. of pre-existing fakemon that you created may be included in an entry as long as you add at least one new form for the event, which must be specified in your post.
    • Entries may be submitted as individuals or worked on in teams. If you want to work in a group, then one member will submit the entry here, with a list of everyone who worked on it and what they did.
    • All submissions must follow the rules of Lake Valor. No offensive or NSFW content.
    • Absolutely no plagiarism. Any participant caught plagiarizing will be disqualified.
    This Month's Theme: Regional Woopers

The lake has been taken over by Woopers this month, so its only fitting that Wooper would be the focus of this month's challenge. Your task this month, should you choose to accept it, is to create a regional variant of Wooper (Quagsire/regional evolutions are optional). In case you don't know what a regional variant is, or just need a refresher, they are alternate forms of Pokémon designed to have a different type combination than the original. Some gain a type, while others change type completely. Some change the entire evolution line, some only change the evolved form and some have a completely new evolved form that the original didn't have. My suggestion is to start by picking what type you want your Wooper to be and working out the design from there, but you don't have to do it that way if you don't want to. Now, let's get wooping! I mean creating!

If you think you know anyone who might be interested in taking part in these events, even if they're not on Lake Valor yet, feel free to let them know about us. The more, the merrier, as they say. Also, if you want to leave any feedback on these events or how you think they can be improved, please let me know. Participation has been kind of low recently, so let's try to change that.

Prizes:

1st Place: 100 pp
    2nd Place: 75 pp
    3rd Place: 50 pp
    Consolation Prize: 10 pp

All Entries Must Be Submitted by the end of the month. Any posts submitted or edited after that point in time will be disqualified. The voting thread will be opened shortly after that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 4, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Jeydis likes this.
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    My go to Region for these is Kalaska, my fan region based in Alaska. So may I present the Kalaskan Wooper
    D799B9C1-8CD0-4765-AC40-52BEE7CF81C0.png
    Wooper - Ice Body, Grass Pelt, Unaware (Hidden)
    Having developed to survive tundra fields, Wooper’s wedge shaped head can dig through the hard ground or snows for food. The snowflake feelers and body patterns can be a variety of shapes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    BZRich64 likes this.
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Here's the Unova regional varient of Wooper and its alternative evolution.
    dc368d91-3b5d-491d-a3ae-ab25e29b69f2.png Typing: Water/Grass
    Pokédex entry: This Pokémon loves to swim around in warm, murky water.
    Evolution method: Evolves to Axolawmp at level 20
    54ec4fc3-f8f8-450a-8177-3ecd0ae398a4.png Typing: Water/Grass
    Pokédex entry: This Pokémon is incredibly territorial. It will attack any Pokémon that comes too close to its area of the swamp.
    I mostly just wanted to create a variant that was a lot more similar to an axolotl, which Wooper and Quagsire are supposably based off of, but don't really resemble that much.

BZRich64 likes this.
  4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I designed my Wooper for our community region, Meroi, and will be sharing these over there after this event is over, possibly with a few tweaks.
    [​IMG]
    Meroinian Wooper (Poison/Water)
    The toxic film that Wooper cover themselves in to stay hydrated has become even more potent in specimens found in the lakes of Meroi, in order to offer protection from predators.

Meroinian Quagsire (Poison/Water)
    The Quagsire of the Meroi region are just as easy-going as their counterparts, but are also much more energetic and friendly. This can be a problem for those around it due to the poisonous film that it they use to keep themselves hydrated.

Quagnum (Poison/Fighting)
    This easygoing Pokémon is known to be exceptionally friendly and affectionate, but remains oblivious to its incredible strength and the poison it secretes from its body. Those who find themselves caught in a Quagnum's embrace often find themselves with a few broken bones and a risk of infection.
    I decided to base my Wooper off of the Tiger Salamander, a close relative of the Axolotl that can be found in the Great Lakes area (note that Wooper and Quagsire are based off of salamanders in general, not the Axolotl specifically), with a mix of saber-tooth tiger added for fun/pun.

Their poison typing was chosen based off of their color scheme resembling hazardous material warning signs, Wooper's dex entires mentioning that they cover themselves in a poisonous film, and the Tiger Salamander being known to carry diseases that can infect other amphibians.

The name Quagnum is a combination of quagmire (a type of wetland, same as Quagsire is named for), Ambystoma tigrinum (the tiger salamander's scientific name) magnum (a Latin word meaning great) and numb (what you would end up being after it hugs you).

As I mentioned earlier, I will be suggesting this evolution family for the Meroi region project after this event is over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.