1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Creatémon Challenge: May 2022

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by BZRich64, May 1, 2022.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Creatémon Challenge: May 2022

What Is The Creatémon Challenge?

The Creatémon (that's "Create-A-'Mon") Challenge is a monthly event where you, the wonderful members of Lake Valor, can work on creating your own Pokémon that fits within a certain theme that changes from month to month.

Rules & Regulations

• Each entry must include a name, type and visual representation in order to account. Other details may be included but are not required.
    • Any art style can be used for the visual part of the entry.
    • All submissions must contain at least one Fakemon or alternate form created specifically for the event. Evolutions/pre-evolutions/alternate forms of official Pokémon will be accepted unless stated otherwise in the monthly them. Evolutions, etc. of pre-existing fakemon that you created may be included in an entry as long as you add at least one new form for the event, which must be specified in your post.
    • Entries may be submitted as individuals or worked on in teams. If you want to work in a group, then one member will submit the entry here, with a list of everyone who worked on it and what they did.
    • Submissions and winners may be shared on the official Lake Valor Twitter account (@lakevalorforums), but only with the artist's permission.
    • These are your creations, which naturally means that you are free to use your Creatémon submissions for whatever you want outside of these challenges.
    • All submissions must follow the rules of Lake Valor. No offensive or NSFW content.
    • Absolutely no plagiarism. Any participant caught plagiarizing will be disqualified.
    This Month's Theme: Mexican Culture

The fifth of May, Cinco de Mayo in Spanish, is an American celebration of Mexican and Mexican-American culture (it's also a minor holiday in Mexico, though is more popular in the states). As such, I've decided that this month's theme we will also honor Mexican history and culture in our fakemon designs. There aren't very many Pokémon overtly based off of Mexico apart from Ludicolo (which I definitely didn't forget about when writing this and certainly didn't have to go back and edit this blurb to mention one of the best Pokémon ever made) as the series has yet to set a region in the area, but that just means there's a wide range of untapped potential for designs!

Prizes:

1st Place: 100 pp
    2nd Place: 75 pp
    3rd Place: 50 pp
    Consolation Prize: 10 pp

All Entries Must Be Submitted by the end of the month. Any posts submitted or edited after that point in time will be disqualified. The voting thread will be opened shortly after that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 May 1, 2022
    Last edited: May 1, 2022
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I love Mexican culture, and had a bunch of ideas, so I combined two of them.
    sketch1653602073013.jpg Serpyre: The rattlesnake Pokémon.
    Type: Fire.
    Pokédex entry: This Pokémon is very cautious, and it will breath fire at anybody that threatens it. It uses the rattle on its tail to protect itself as well as warn people off when they come too close.
    Evolutionary method: Evolves into Aladacor if it's in the same party as a Vuelia.

Vuelia: The flighty Pokémon.
    Type: Flying.
    Pokédex entry: This Pokémon is always flying around, never staying in one place for very long. It's not content unless it's in the air.
    Evolutionary method: Evolves into Aladacor if it's in the same party as a Serpyre

Aladacor: The winged snake Pokémon
    Type: Fire/flying
    Pokédex entry: This fierce Pokémon is a protector. It flies from place to place, defending those that need it.

Serpyre and Vuelia are based on the legend of the founding of Mexico, where travelers saw an eagle holding a rattlesnake in its talons, and this fulfilled a prophecy or something along those lines. After I drew out Serpyre and Vuelia though I realized that if I took a snake Pokémon and a bird Pokémon and evolved them into one fusion of the two, I would have a winged serpent, like Quetzalcoatl, an Aztec god. It was just too perfect to not do.

3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Here's my entry for this month
    Creat-a-mon 2022_20220515151231.png

Chupapup - their friendly dog like appearance makes them popular among certain circles of trainers. They have a bad reputation for drinking blood, but those rumors have not been proven true.

Chupadorgra - while less friendly looking, they make great guard Pokémon. The combination of fur and scale on their body is strange to touch.
    My inspiration was the Chupacabra, which may not be inherently Mexican culture, but was fun.

Feel free to share via twitter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...