1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Critique from Morgan Freeman - A shop for writers.

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by A Wild Morgan Freeman, Mar 19, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Wild Morgan Freeman

PokéPoints:
    ₽49.1
    Hello there, reader! If your here it probably means you want to know what this is (obviously).

This is a pretty basic concept. I critique your Peices of fiction to a mass degree and give you tips on how to improve your writing, for low costs!

One Critique (fair warning, these can be pretty harsh) - 5 PokePoints.

Furthermore, I'm also offering my services to detail chapters. Think your chapter is a bit bare-boned? Send it in to me and I will detail it to the best of my ability while still keeping the same feel to the story.

Detailing - 5 PokePoints per chapter.
    Misc. Detailing (For things like detailed posts on here, for example) - 5 PokePoints.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    Well, I'm always happy to have a fresh pair of eyes on my work before I try to publish anything, but I have a few questions.

First, does chapter length matter? If the entire story is only one chapter but the one chapter is, say, twenty thousand words, then does the same price apply?

Second, does the subject matter of the story count? For example, are you willing to review Pokémon fanfictions only, or would you also be willing to read an original piece of fiction as well? Heck, what about other fandoms?

Finally, how can I expect you to give competent critiques when you fail to competently build your own shop selling critiques? I found, quite literally, at least one mistake on every single line in this shop. How can I expect you to accurately critique my work, which I hold to a high standard, when you cannot even offer your own services in a grammatically correct manner?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    shinygiratinaz and Hraesvelgr like this.
  3. A Wild Morgan Freeman

PokéPoints:
    ₽49.1
    To answer your first question, no, chapter length does not in fact matter. It may be subject to change but at this moment in time, no.

To answer your second question, it depends. I am willing to review all peices of work, but my ability to write a review may be limited by my knowledge to that specific fandom. For example, I would be able to better critique a work of fiction from the Pokémon fandom than from, say the Fairy Tail fandom. In the long run though it shouldn't matter much, as long as the story follows it's own timeline. As for original works of fiction, I will also critique them, but I would want a breif summary of what it's all about.

As for your third statement, I was wondering when someone would pick up on that. I wrote this shop at 2 in the morning, not exactly tring to make it detailed or even gramaticaly correct. This is just the bare bones of my shop at the moment, and it will be more detailed and fancy later. I also wrote this up on a mobile device, and autocorrect is a thing, so the blame is equaly shared. I apologize, it will be more detailed when I have acces to an actual computer, and not just a mobile device.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.