1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

D&D game?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlackSmithy, Aug 18, 2018.

1. BlackSmithy

BlackSmithy Memelord Supreme

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Poké Ball ★Staff of VerityPhilosopher's CowlCrown of Valor
    Hey guys! So, as some of you know, last year we tried organizing a D&D game. Unfortunately it didn't turn out so well and it got cancelled before it started... however, I'd like to try organizing another one! This time I'll be DM, and I already have a world set up and everything. It's the same world I use for most of my D&D campaigns. If you're interested feel free to message me on discord!

If you're interested in playing but don't know how, feel free to message me! I also really recommend this playlist: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJmFJXf3BXjwXkNFo_-iwtHb24AuJcXqx

Don't Stop Thinking does an amazing job at explaining the game. I'd also watch his class guide on the class you're interested in playing so you have an idea of what your class plays like: https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJmFJXf3BXjzXZYtrNPb-KPI74wRvpC-e

Current Party (maximum of five):
    SnowboundBecca as "Ozka Pennypincher" the Kobold Rogue
    SceptilePrince as "Ralus" the Tiefling Bard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Considering that my first and latest D&D campaign got cancelled recently, I would love to have my Kobold Rogue start from scratch in a brand new adventure. Though, that depends entirely on the setting and game edition.

Nevertheless, I would love to join! We'll discuss more in detail over Discord another time though, since time-zones may be a bit of an issue here that we'll have to work around (I mean, it's super late at night as I'm typing this). Until then, I'm down for another proper session if all goes smoothly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I'm down. I've never actually played D&D before, but have wanted to try for a while. I have a character already sort of made (it's barely anything though). I'll be sure to check out those videos tomorrow as it's 2:18am right now.

4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I might like to try for my first time, too! I'll check out those videos soon.

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Ia wants to join, too~ Sadly, Ia has classes and can only use LV on Fri, Sat and Sun :(

6. BlackSmithy

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    Alright! We'll be playing D&D 5e as that's the one with the easiest learning curve in my opinion. The game will take place in my own homebrew world, though it's incredibly similar to Forgotten Realms in terms of magic and monsters so you can still play a Kobold Rogue. It might make things interesting, actually. We can discuss more over discord.

Awesome! If you've got a character sheet made be sure to send it to me so I can review it. I can give you a few tips on how to make your backstory fit in with my world as well, if you'd like.

Great! If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask me!

I have school as well, so sessions will most likely take place on weekends. If you're interested don't be afraid to ask me for more details!

Quick Edit: As some players won't be available on weekends, I'll have to agree on a time and place with the party. I'm available pretty much every day though, I only said weekeneds because it was the most convenient.

7. Flumph

Flumph PKMN Breeder

Azelf (Anniversary)
    (Azelf (Anniversary))
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,834.1
    Amulet Coin ★★★
    I would also like to join. I like DnD, but never really got to properly play it, so this is a great opportunity.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I've never actually had an opportunity to play D&D before but have been interested in trying it out for a while. I'll join!

9. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Wait, where will DnD game take place? (This is also my first time~ :) )

10. BlackSmithy

Naked Boi
    (Burmy (Cloakless))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽203.1
    We'll discuss your characters over Discord, I can help you guys put together a character sheet.

I'd assume it'll take place over discord. I'm not sure if we're going to use roll20, it's up to the party to decide.

11. Jupjami

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    oh no, Ia does not have discord. I'm out~ (sorry)