1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Deltheor's SoulSilver Shiny Badge Quest

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Deltheor, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    [​IMG]
    | Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 |
    | Part 10 |
    Hello everyone, and welcome to my new challenge! I've been wanting to do one of these for quite a while, and I finally got around to restarting my SoulSilver, so I figured I would start a Badge Quest. Basically a Badge Quest is a challenge where you try to catch at least one Shiny before every badge, which makes it quite a long challenge. I've seen some other people do this, and it looked like fun, so I'm giving it a shot!

[​IMG] Badge Quest Rules [​IMG]
    • You much catch at least one Shiny Pokémon before every Gym Badge you get.
    • You much nickname every Shiny that you catch.
    • Duplicate Shinies are allowed, due to their rarity.
    • Your battle team must only consist of the Shiny Pokémon you capture. Non-Shiny HM-users and Pokémon only used for hunting are allowed.
    • Wild Shinies and Shinies obtained via Soft-Resetting are both viable. Masuda-Method Shinies and the Red Gyarados do not count for this run.
    ...and that's pretty much it! It's a fairly simple concept, although it does take a lot of time to fully complete. I'm expecting this project to take quite a while, as 4th Gen shinies are especially rare. It'll definitely be a fun challenge, either way!​
    Comments are much appreciated!
    [​IMG] Follow this topic to be notified when I post updates, as well! [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Now onto the actual challenge! I originally started this file to do a runthrough just for fun, but once I got to choose my starter from Professor Elm, I saw this-

[​IMG]
    I figured it was fate, so I decided then to start a Badge Quest! I named my little Cyndaquil "Vesuvius", which I usually name my Cyndaquils. His nature is Relaxed, which isn't the best, but I'm definitely not complaining, since he was pretty much a random shiny.

[​IMG]
    Look at how cute he is!

After that, I traveled to Mr. Pokémon's house to retrieve the egg for Elm, got the PokéDex from Oak, and I somehow evolved Vesuvius before I even fought my rival for the first time. Whoops.

[​IMG]
    I also named my rival Satix since I couldn't think of anything else at the moment.

Once I had my mom save some of my money, I stocked up on PokéBalls and headed off to Dark Cave, since I wanted to look for a Dunsparce to have on my team (just because, really. I love me some Dunsparce). Not even 30 encounters later, this showed up-

[​IMG]
    I was shocked, honestly. I have NEVER had this much luck in a 4th Gen game before. 2 shinies within one day on the same game with full odds is kind of ridiculous. I'm not complaining, though! I ended up catching her and naming her Terra. She's Hasty, which is pretty decent.

[​IMG]
    Since I have some extra Battle Points left over on my HeartGold version, I traded her over there to teach her Thunderpunch and Fire Punch just for coverage's sake. And dear lord, did she tear through Sprout Tower like it was wet paper. I almost felt bad for the monks there. ...almost

After I trained Terra and Vesuvius a bit more, I went on to challenge Falkner! He was very easy, considering I had both a Rock-type and a 2nd stage starter Pokémon on my team at that point.

Once I got the badge, I picked up the Togepi egg from Elm's aide and headed south. I picked up a Rattata on the way to train so it could learn Super Fang eventually, which will really help out in future captures. I made my way through Route 32 and Union Cave with little issue before making my way to Azalea Town.

I'm in the middle of my next hunt right now before I challenge Bugsy, so I'll let you guys know when it's completed! Thanks for reading, and I'll see you guys soon!

[​IMG]

3. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Let's see your luck Del! Cyndaquils is super cute and Terra seems like a beast!
    Anyhow, I wish you good luck on your next badges! Have fun!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Comment replies under the spoiler tag:
    Thank you, Lost! Terra has honestly been such a good member of my team, I'm surprised I've never used a Geodude before now.

Since my last entry, I've been hunting in the Ilex Forest, since I like pretty much all of the Pokémon that can be found in there. I was mainly hunting during the morning and day, and my main target was either Weedle or Kakuna, since they are very common in the forest and I would really love a Shiny Beedrill. Paras or Zubat were also possibilities, and I like both of them as well, so this was an ideal place to hunt in.

Sure enough, a few days and roughly 8,000 or so encounters later-

[​IMG]

-this little bug appeared! I was worried at first that I wouldn't notice the difference between a regular Weedle and a Shiny one if I did encounter one, but damn this little guy is bright! I noticed her right away, and I quickly caught her in a Net Ball that I picked up from the PokéMart. I named her Zhu Li after a Mega Beedrill that I trained for a while in Alpha Sapphire.

[​IMG]

She has an amazing nature as well- Jolly is one of the best natures for a Beedrill! I personally prefer Adamant, but I'm sure as hell not complaining.

[​IMG]

She's adorable as well, I think Weedle is kind of cute in a way. Although I think all bugs are cute. So there's that.

I trained her for a bit in the forest by switching her out with my Geodude and Quilava, and eventually, she evolved into a beautiful green bee!

[​IMG]

I love how Shiny Beedrill looks, honestly. It just looks so cool, and I love that shade of green together with the blue eyes. I also traded her over to HeartGold to teach her Aerial Ace and X-Scissor to help out with her moveset.

After evolving her, I visited Kurt and had him chase away the Team Rocket member guarding the well so I could go down into the well and face them. Taking out the Rocket Grunts in the well wasn't too bad, and Executive Proton was fairly easy as well. I did get a lot of experience for Zhu Li, so it was definitely helpful!

I then got a Fast Ball from Kurt and left some Apricorns with him to turn into some awesome PokéBalls, which I hope to possibly catch some Pokémon in at a later date.

[​IMG]

...Zhu Li then did this, which would be adorable if her hands weren't giant spears. Hopefully my trainer has abs of steel.

I decided to take on Bugsy's Gym right after chasing Team Rocket out of the well, and dear lord did my team completely destroy him. With a Rock-type and a Fire-type, he stood no chance. It was a fun battle regardless, Bugsy is one of my favorite Gym Leaders.

2nd Badge in hand, I then went back to the Ilex Forest, but my rival stopped me right before (who I forgot I named Satix, haha). My Beedrill made quick work of his team- I didn't want to use my Geodude or Quilava against his Croconaw because they wouldn't do to well against him. Still, I beat him with relative ease!

I then helped the kid in Ilex Forest get his Farfetch'd back, and I got the Cut HM! I taught Cut to my Rattata (who I have on my team to help with captures, since he knows Super Fang), since I didn't want to teach it to any of my Shiny Pokémon. After making my way through the forest, I battled some of the trainers on Route 34 before making it to Goldenrod!

I picked up the bike there, and I also took a photo with Cameron at the spot just north of the city-

[​IMG]

My team is looking pretty good so far!

That's about it for now, I'm gonna continue to train a bit while working on my next hunt before I take on Whitney. Wish me luck, and feel free to leave a comment if you're enjoying this challenge!

[​IMG]

5. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    This quest looks really exciting! You must have really good luck to be able to find so many shinies so early in the game. Your team looks pretty sturdy so far. Looking forward to later updates on your progress!

6. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you! The first two I got were completely by chance, I really wasn't expecting them at all. Most of my hunts so far have been moderately long (I'm up to my 6th hunt at the moment, I'm just posting previous updates from my blog right now). It has been fun though, thanks for the interest!

After doing some shopping in Goldenrod, I went up north to Route 35 to start my next hunt. There are a lot of cool Pokémon in that route, including Yanma, Nidoran, Abra, Pidgey, and Hoothoot. I was aiming for Yanma, but since it's a 1% encounter, I really wasn't counting on it.

Later that night, while I was in a call, I heard sparkles and looked down to see this-

[​IMG]

How. That was less than 1,000 encounters. What the hell is up with this file?

Regardless, I was super stoked! I love male Nidoran and its evolution line, especially as shinies, so I caught this guy as quick as I could. I caught him in a Great Ball, which matches his colors nicely, and I named him Kaiser after one of my Nidoking from X.

[​IMG]

Lonely and somewhat stubborn. Just like me (except I'm more like extremely stubborn, but oh well). He also has Poison Point, which is a useful ability.

[​IMG]

I'm restless in cities too, little guy.

I started training Kaiser right away, since I wanted him to evolve into a Nidorino as soon as possible. All of the moves I wanted on this guy were either Tutor moves or TMs, so I traded over a Moon Stone from my HeartGold version to evolve him as soon as he became a Nidorino! (I've replayed 4th Gen a ton, so I have a ridiculous amount of leftover stones and TMS on my HeartGold, which was my main 4th Gen file. I might as well use them up if I can haha)

After I trained Kaiser up a few levels and evolved him, I then used the Moon Stone on him-

[​IMG]

God he is so damn blue. Look at that beautiful monstrosity.

I traded him over to HeartGold to teach him a few moves, so his moveset is now Ice Punch, Poison Jab, Earthquake, and Thunderpunch. He's a giant wrecking ball and I love him.

After evolving him, I went back to Goldenrod for a bit and got the Radio Card from the Radio Tower, and met Whitney as well. She went back to her Gym, and I'll be visiting her shortly. I trained for a bit in the underground tunnels (and gave my Nidoking a haircut, which makes no sense) and the National Park until my team was around Lv.20-21, then I went to take on Whitney!

[​IMG]

(This happened in the park when I was training, and I thought it was adorable.)

Whitney's Gym Trainers weren't too bad, but I was a little nervous facing the Gym Leader herself. I didn't have too many healing items, so I hoped she didn't stall me out too bad. I didn't want to rely on my Quliava or Nidoking too much because of Attract, so I led with my Beedrill, Zhu Li. She took out her Clefairy with no problem, which was good.

Her Miltank was definitely annoying. Thank god it didn't use Rollout, but it kept spamming Stomp and Milk Drink at different intervals. Zhu Li did manage to KO it without fainting, which was awesome! Another badge down, just 5 more to go in Johto.

I stopped by the Flower Shop before leaving Goldenrod to pick up the Watering Can, then I went north to Route 36 to take on the 'tree' blocking the path.

[​IMG]

Destroy that faker, Kaiser!

I took down Sudowoodo with no problem, faced a couple trainers on Route 37, then made my way to Ecruteak City! I love this city, it's so nice. I healed up my team and stocked up on some items I needed, and then started my next hunt in this Badge Quest!

I'm prepared for this hunt to take an extremely long time. You'll understand why in the next update (feel free to guess what I'm hunting, unless you already know). Until then, leave a comment if you enjoyed this entry! Thanks for stopping by!

[​IMG]

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Kaiser is so cute! I hope that haircut did him well. Also, nice job defeating Whitney! She's a pain, but you made it through! Plus, you annihilated that faker! That darn tree.
    Anyhow, good luck on your next badge Del!

8. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I dunno what the hell that hairdresser cut to be considered a "haircut", but I'm not questioning it. Thankfully I've never had too much of a problem with Whitney, I'm just glad my Beedrill took care of her!

After my last badge, I headed to the Burned Tower to talk to Morty and Eusine before I fought with my rival another time. He didn't give me too much trouble, and he ran off before I went down to the basement of the tower to begin my next hunt.

No, I'm not hunting for something inside the burned tower- well, technically I am, but not a wild encounter. I'm soft-resetting for a Shiny Entei or Raikou! I've seen this hunt done before, and it's extremely tedious- but I have a lot of patience, so I figured I would give it a shot.

To explain how to hunt the two beasts (minus Suicune, who appears at a later date and can be soft-resetted for normally), you first need to save in this spot in the basement of the Burned Tower BEFORE you release them out into the wild-

[​IMG]

(Having repels on you is a good idea at this point, as well.)

After you save, make the beasts run away, go through the small bit of dialogue in the following scene, then exit the tower and head south to Route 37. From there, check your PokéGear's Map function, and Entei and Raikou should appear on the map. Exit and enter the route to get them to change positions on the map, and use a repel and a Pokémon below Lv.40 to encounter them when they're on your route. If neither are shiny, then reset and start the process over again.

The reason for this long process is the fact that both Entei and Raikou's stats are set the second they are released. That means their nature/IVs/shiny value are all set values, so they can't be randomly hunted like other Pokémon.

So yeah, this hunt was absolutely hell. For one, Raikou would absolutely never cooperate, and sometimes it took 5 minutes to actually find the damn guy before I could reset. Entei was pretty cooperative most of the time, thankfully. I think I did between 1,000 and 2,000 Soft-Resets, making for between 2,000 and 4,000 beasts seen total.

Earlier the other day, I was getting really angry at Raikou not showing up again when-

[​IMG]

I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE HAPPY TO SEE A GIANT THUNDER CAT IN MY LIFE

I would have slightly preferred shiny Entei, but damn I do love Raikou's shiny. The good thing about hunting for these guys is that their shininess sticks, so I was able to run away and save and then prepare to actually capture him!

I was determined to catch him in a Fast Ball (which matches his colors wonderfully), so I used my Rattata's Super Fang to whittle his HP down, and before long, I caught him! I named him Raijin after the thunder god in Japanese mythology.

[​IMG]

That ball sure does look good on him! Calm nature isn't bad, either.

With my next hunt out of the way, I started training my team to take on Morty! We weren't too far off level-wise, but I wanted to get everyone on my team to Lv.25 just to be sure we could take him on. Morty has given me trouble in the past, especially his Gengar. I was determined to beat him, though- and only using Raikou as a last resort.

[​IMG]

I also ran into Entei a few times while training. I'll probably just leave him roaming forever since I have no need to capture him, haha.

My Geodude, Terra also finally evolved into Graveller while training! Since I have two DS systems, I traded her over to my HeartGold to evolve her all the way into a Golem! My team is shaping up nicely now.

[​IMG]

I wish Golem kept the bright gold rocky shell that Geodude has, but it still looks awesome!

My team was pretty much all set at that point, so I went into Morty's Gym to take on his trainers and challenge him! The trainers in his gym were a bit annoying, as they kept spamming Hypnosis and Night Shade, so I had to go back to heal a couple times. Thankfully, I did eventually make my way to Morty for the actual Gym Battle itself!

[​IMG]

bet you didn't see the ass-kicking coming for you in our battle

Morty was pretty easy to take down- my Nidoking took down three of his four Pokémon, and my Beedrill took care of the last Haunter. Another badge down, and I didn't even have to use my Legendary!

I healed my team up after that and headed west towards Olivine, and I battled some of the trainers along the way to level up a bit. I also encountered my rival in Olivine, who gave me a tip about the Lighthouse. I started scaling the lighthouse and battling all the trainers inside, and I eventually made it to the top where Jasmine was with her Ampharos.

[​IMG]

Watch it, loverboy.

She told me to get medicine for her in Cianwood City, and that's where I'm headed next! ...after I complete my next hunt, of course. I have a few ideas of where to hunt now that a lot more areas have opened up for me, so we'll see where I end up.

Thanks for reading everyone, and feel free to leave a comment if you enjoyed! See you guys in the next entry!

[​IMG]

9. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,074.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Damn, what is up with your shiny luck?! A shiny Raikou, now I'm totally jelly.

Looking forward to seeing which shiny will show up for the fifth badge.

10. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you! The soft-resets for the Raikou hunt took forever, but it was worth it.

I wasn't sure where to hunt next, since a lot of areas opened up for me, but I ended up deciding on going for the route just south of Lake of Rage. I was aiming for a Flaaffy or Girafarig, since they were most common in the area, but I would be happy with anything in the area regardless.

This hunt took between 12,000 and 13,000 encounters total, but eventually, this guy showed up-

[​IMG]

Fluffy blue bug! I wasn't counting on Venonat appearing at all, it's fairly rare in this area. I love Venonat and Venomoth, but I've never really had the chance to use either before. I wanted to catch this guy in a Moon Ball I got from Kurt, and thankfully I did! I like using Apricorn Balls to catch shinies in, since they're rather rare.

[​IMG]

I named him Prometheus after a type of moth, as well. He's Timid, which isn't bad at all! Him and my Beedrill Zhu Li are somewhat similar in that regard- she's Jolly and a physical attacker, while he's Timid and a special attacker. bug/poison OTP confirmed

I started training this guy along with the rest of my team to be around Lv.30 to take on Chuck in Cianwood City, then I had an epiphany regarding my Venonat's nickname. It's going to evolve into a moth and he's named Prometheus, which is a type of moth. I headed to the name rater right away and made this small edit to his name-

[​IMG]

Hell yeah terrible puns.

He wasn't too far off from evolving at that point, so I trained him up some more on the sea routes before Cianwood, and he evolved into a glorious blue Venomoth!

[​IMG]

Dang, he's just as blue as Kaiser. Blue shinies look great though, I'm not complaining at all!

I beat all the trainers on the sea routes before heading to Cianwood, where I healed up before going north of the city to where Suicune was hiding out. I scared it off just as Eusine came along and talked to me about how amazing Suicune was.

[​IMG]

There's a Shiny Legendary Beast right there and you don't even care. Shame on you, Eusine. I beat him in battle quickly after his Suicune rant, and then I was off to the Cianwood Gym!

[​IMG]

How a waterfall crashing onto your skull is 'training', I will never know.

The Gym trainers were easy enough, since I taught Promotheus Psychic from a leftover TM I had in HeartGold, so he blew through them rather easily. Chuck himself wasn't that hard to take down either, Promotheus and Kaiser took his Pokémon down with Psychic and Thunderpunch respectively. And with that, the 5th Johto badge was mine!

I stopped at the pharmacy to get the Secretpotion before leaving, then I took a photo with my team by the photographer's house on the beach-

[​IMG]

Finally a full team! It may be half-Poison, but I love them all regardless. They're all my badass children.

I'm up-to-date on these entries now, as the first four were backlogged entries from my blog before I turned it into a topic. I'm on my next hunt right now before I fight Jasmine for my 6th badge, so I'll update again when that's done! Feel free to leave a comment if you're enjoying this challenge as much as I am!

[​IMG]

11. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    It may be 1/2 poison, but know what, the team is still pretty rad. ProMOTHeus though. Good job, Del. Best nickname 2015.
    The team is looking great Del! Keep on going! I believe in you!

12. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Congrats on another shiny find. It's tempting me to try this with a game, but I don't know if I have the patience for it. We shall see once I finish my current challenge.
    But congrats again for the shiny, the awesome nickname, and the badge win.

13. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,074.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Looking good, can't wait to see what shows up next.

What will you do if you run into a shiny you have already caught? If you ever run by some insane chance into a duplicate.

14. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Man, Promotheus though haha.

I'd love to do a Badge Quest, but I doubt I have the patience. I admire that in you Del!

I'm looking forward to seeing what other shinies you find!

15. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Your progress is really admirable! I can't believe you managed to find yourself a shiny Raikou of all things. Pretty rock-solid determination and patience you've got there. All the best in dealing with Jasmine's Steel-types, and good luck in your future shiny hunts!

16. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you, Lost! I'm really proud of my team so far, it's really coming along nicely.

I have the best taste in names, clearly

It does take a lot of patience. Most of the time I spend playing is either just soft-resetting or doing encounters for a wild shiny. It can take anywhere from 100 encounters to over 15,000, so patience is definitely a key factor in these kinds of challenges.

Thank you though, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Thanks! I included in the rules in the first post that duplicate shinies do count, given the shiny rate back in Gen 4.

Best nickname? Best nickname.

Thank you, though! I've learned from my various shiny hunts over the years tricks to helping me hunt, such as multitasking while I'm hunting or stuff like that. It really does help in the long run, since some hunts can be very tiring.

Thank you! I was so happy that Raikou showed up somewhat early into the hunt, those soft-resets were hell.

After the last entry, I gave the Secretpotion to Jasmine so she could go back to her Gym, then I got a call from Baoba saying that the Safari Zone west of Cianwood was now open! I decided to head over there to start my next hunt- not in the Safari Zone itself, but on the route directly below it. That route had a lot of awesome Pokémon that I would love to have shiny, so it was an ideal place to start my next hunt!

It took a while, between 14,000 and 15,000 encounters total, but the other day-

[​IMG]

A Shiny Vulpix appeared! I was really hoping for Vulpix, as shiny Ninetales is beautiful. I thankfully had a bunch of Apricorn Balls to catch her in (I would have preferred Dive Ball since it matches Ninetales nicely), and I caught her in a Love Ball! I also named her Shiruba, which is Japanese for Silver.

[​IMG]

Docile definitely isn't bad at all- neutral-natures shinies are awesome. She has near-max Sp.Attack too, which is great! I probably won't train her for a while, as I already have a fire-type on my team, but I may switch her out for Vesuvius eventually.

Speaking of Vesuvius, I did a bit a of training with my team before I headed off to fight Jasmine, and he finally evolved into a Typhlosion!

[​IMG]

I forgot how violently magenta shiny Typhlosion was in these games. The color suits him!

[​IMG]

...you're kind of permanently rosy, so that's not saying much.

Anyway, once my team was around Lv.35-36, I headed off to fight Jasmine! I led with Vesuvius, and it was kind of a massacre, haha. All he did was use Lava Plume three times and all three of Jasmine's Pokémon were down.

[​IMG]

Look at that giant steel snake. It didn't stand a chance.

Needless to say, I won that badge very quickly. My 6th Badge was finally mine, and it's time to head off to the Lake of Rage! I wanted to get all of the Team Rocket stuff in Mahogany Town done before my next hunt, since after that I'll be taking on the Radio Tower, which will take quite some time.

At the Lake of Rage, I did encounter the red Gyarados, and while it doesn't count towards my Badge Quest, I did catch it anyway!

[​IMG]

I still love how shiny Gyarados looks, even though everyone and their mother has one at this point. I caught her with a Net Ball and named her Noodle.

[​IMG]

That nickname really doesn't fit, but it is adorable.

I then met and talked to Lance at the Lake of Rage before heading off to the suspicious shop in Mahogany, where Lance was threatening some shopkeepers with his Dragonite.

[​IMG]

Geez Lance, you're supposed to threaten them, not remove them from existence

He uncovered the entrance to Team Rocket's Mahogany base, and my team and I went inside to investigate. I turned off the alarm system as soon as I could, since I didn't want those annoying traps bothering me. On the second floor I got both of the passwords needed to unlock the boss's door, but was interrupted by my rival just before I fought him. Thankfully he didn't want to fight, and I went in and challenged Petrel.

Petrel was thankfully very easy, and I then chased his Murkrow around the base until we got to the door by the generator. I was then cornered by Ariana and another Rocket Grunt before Lance showed up again to help.

[​IMG]

Aw yeah, we're about to destroy yo asses

Spamming Earthquake is so useful when your partner has a Flying-type. It took out their first two Pokémon easily, and I took out the remaining Murkrow with Kaiser's Thunderpunch. Team Rocket fled after that, and me and Lance took care of the Electrodes powering the generator. All in all, a job well done!

I'm starting my next hunt now before I face Pryce, so hopefully it doesn't take too long. Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave a comment if you enjoyed! See you guys in the next entry!

[​IMG]

shinygiratinaz likes this.
  17. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Congrats on the shiny Vulpix! Shiny Ninetales is very beautiful, very lucky indeed. Good luck on your next hunt! :D

18. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    So glad you got a vulpix, shiny ninetails has one of my favorite shiny color schemes. Blue and silver just look so good together! :D

RIP in pieces Jasmine

19. Synerjee

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Ooh shiny Vulpix! Beautiful find! It'll be a great Fire-type for sure if you do use it in the future. Just one thing though, couldn't you have SR'ed for a shiny Electrode, or is it impossible/not according to your rules? Having a blue electrical exploding ball on your team would totally blow up the competition hahaha (although Electrode isn't exactly the strongest Electric-type out there). XD

20. Deltheor

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Thank you! I'm really happy that I got Vulpix, I'll definitely be training her up in the future!

Same here, shiny Ninetails looks amazing!

Jasmine was lucky I didn't have two fire-types on my team. Actually, I was lucky that Vesuvius could handle her, since half of my team was Poison haha.

Thank you! I could have decided to SR for a shiny Electrode, but I'm not a huge fan of Electrode, plus I already had a legendary Electric-type on my team anyway. Still, SR'ing for one is possible!

After taking care of Team Rocket's Mahogany hideout, I traveled back to Goldenrod to visit Bill's house. I had wanted to SR for a shiny Eevee from him for quite some time, and I finally was getting around to it. Luckily the SR's weren't nearly as bad as the ones for Raikou, so they went by pretty quickly!

Around 6,000 or so SR's later, I looked down to see this-

[​IMG]

My reaction went something like this: "Holy shit it's shiny- holy shit it's female- HOLY SHIT SHE'S MODEST"

I have no idea what the hell is up with this file and its insane luck at times, but hey, I'm not complaining! Since I wasn't nicknaming every single Eevee I got, I took her to the name rater in Goldenrod and changed her name to Nephthys.

[​IMG]

She's so damn cute!

I was leaving the decision on what to evolve this Eevee into until after I got it, since I was going to base its evolution around its nature. Modest could go pretty much any way, but the main ones +Sp.Attack would be good for would be Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, and Glaceon. I already had an electric-type, so Jolteon was out of the question, and I would prefer Vaporeon to Glaceon with the added Water-coverage on top of ice, and I already have Psychic-coverage with my Venomoth- so I went with Vaporeon! I haven't trained one in a very long time, so I'm glad to have one on my team.

I traded over a spare Water Stone from HeartGold and evolved her pretty much right away, and I taught her Surf, Ice Beam, and Shadow Ball as well!

[​IMG]

So damn purple. I love her to bits.

I did want to add her to my team since she would balance it out quite a bit, but that meant boxing someone pretty much permanently. I did some thinking and figured it was best to box Zhu Li (my Beedrill) for the time being. She put in some serious work early game, but she's sadly starting to fall behind a lot compared to everyone else. I still may use her in the future, but for now, she's taking a nice rest in the PC.

After that, I I did some training to get her on par with the rest of my team, then I was off to face Pryce in Mahogany Town!

[​IMG]

Well, that makes sense seeing as you evolved just a couple hours ago. I'd be surprised, too.

His Gym wasn't too hard, the puzzles in it were pretty easy. When I got to Pryce, I led with Terra since despite having a type disadvantage, she did have Thunderpunch and Fire Punch to handle pretty much all of Pryce's team. She took them out with very little issue, which was awesome!

[​IMG]

Well, I do have an entire team of Shinies. That has to account for something, right?

But anyway, Pryce went down with no problem, and the seventh badge was mine! I didn't have much time to celebrate, since I got a call that Team Rocket was all over the radio for some reason. I flew to Goldenrod to investigate, and some Rocket Grunt in the underground tunnel gave me a spare uniform for some reason. I mean hey, I'm not complaining, I look cool as heck in that uniform.

Before going up the Radio Tower, I took the chance to talk to everyone in town to see if they had anything to say about my uniform, and oh lord some of the things they said were hilarious.

[​IMG]

-Like this guy in the Department Store, for instance. And, my personal favorite-

[​IMG]

I kind of wish I could keep this uniform and just parade around with it all the time, but sadly, my rival showed up and ripped it off of me just as I was entering the Radio Tower. Without my disguise, I had to fight my way up, which wasn't too hard since most of my team was near Lv.40 at that point.

I finally reached the top where the Director was, only to be confronted by Petrel and his entire team of Koffing. Promotheus took his down easily with Psychic, and he gave me the key to the underground warehouse for my troubles.

[​IMG]

That doesn't seem very safe, but okay.

I made my way down there again, only to be stopped once again by my rival. I completely forgot about this battle, but I beat him fair and square anyway!

[​IMG]

Yeah, you're kind of a jerk. You're a cool jerk though, so just get rid of your jerkiness and you should be good.

I continued to make my way through the underground, which wasn't that long, thankfully. I solved some puzzles and fought some Grunts, and finally made it to where the Director was being held captive.

[​IMG]
    He then gave me the key to unlock the route to the observation deck at the top of the Radio Tower, so I headed back there as quick as I could. I did have to battle Proton and Ariana on the way up, but I took care of them easily.

Their current leading executive, Archer, was at the top and after a quick discussion, he challenged me to a battle-

[​IMG]

...and then I curbstomped him with my Raikou. That's what you get for threatening people!

Thankfully, Archer disbanded Team Rocket again after his horrific defeat, which was awesome! The Director came back and thanked me by giving me a Silver Wing, which I am definitely going to use in the future. ...Not quite yet though, because I have one more hunt to do before getting my last Johto badge.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave a comment if you enjoyed! See you guys in the next entry!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.