1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Original Descendant of the Stars

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Infernostar, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    (It's been a very long time since I've tried to write something entirely original, so this might be a little rough around the edges. Reviews/Critiques are appreciated)

Chapter I: Mercury Ascending, Jupiter Descending

September 15th, 8: 30 PM

“I’m heading out Meemaw! I’ll be back later.”

“Have a good time, dear. I will make sure to let Gerald know.” Laura heard her grandmother say as she shut the door. Taking a deep breath with her eyes closed, Laura tilted her head upwards and slowly opened her eyes, taking in the starry night above her.

“Just like they said on the news, clear skies. Awesome.” She said to herself, before turning her head to the right. There she saw her grandfather’s old pickup truck, her only way out to her destination. It was a worn-out red color, and had bits of duct-tape over it to cover any cracks, but it still worked fine, and that was good enough for her. Pulling out the keys from her pocket, she unlocked it and stepped up and into the driver’s seat.

“Now to make sure I didn’t forget it like last time.” Laura looked over her shoulder, and smiled at what she saw. In the back of the truck was a black telescope, held in place in the back with some bungee cord so it wouldn’t fall over. Perfect, Laura thought, still mad at herself for forgetting it the last time she went out.

“Next stop, Old Settler’s Park.” Revving up the aged engine and stepping on the gas, Laura pulled out of her family’s driveway and onto the dirt road near her house. Looking into her rear-view mirror she could see the house disappear into the night as she drove off, keeping the headlights on the truck off.

I’m a bit late, but I should still be able to see Mercury and Mars. Laura thought as she drove. Actually, I might even be able to catch Jupiter if the moon isn’t obscuring it too much. Smiling at that thought, Laura took notice of the books in the passenger seat she could see out of the corner of her eye. The one at the bottom was black and was her field guide for identifying the constellations. The one on top was a light brown, and was her journal, which she used to keep track of when and what stars she saw.

“Got those, and brought a pen this time as well. Sweet.” She said as she continued driving, taking note of the black fountain pen she had stuffed into her pocket. Her faded denim jeans were showing more wear and tear as of late, but Laura didn’t mind. The light green t-shirt she’d slipped on looked a bit nicer, albeit rather plain, complimenting her sneakers of the same color.

Taking a hand off the wheel for a moment, Laura ran her fingers through her long brown hair, reaching back to just below her shoulders to shake it all out. Once satisfied she grabbed back onto the wheel with both hands, seeing her lightly tanned arms before looking back up to see the road with her chocolate brown eyes.

September 15th, 8: 45 PM

It didn’t take long for Laura to reach Old Settler’s Park. It was her go to spot for stargazing; a little remote, no houses nearby which meant no light pollution, and a large field, usually reserved for soccer practice which was perfect ground to set up a telescope.

Pulling into the parking lot near the field. Laura turned off the engine, pulling the keys out of the ignition and sticking it in her pocket. Grabbing her books, she opened her door and stepped out, stretching her arms before closing the door and locking it. Looking up again she saw exactly what she wanted to see; a vast ocean of stars, scattered across the night sky, the only other thing visible being the moon, which she noted was South East of her.

“Ok, that might be a bit of an issue for seeing Jupiter.” She said, as she walked to the back of the truck, stepping up and into the back. Reaching down to the bungie cord that held her telescope in place, she gingerly removed the restraints she had put on it, before closing the legs on it together and picking it up. Grunting a little by the weight, Laura turned around and slowly carried walked over the tailgate of her truck. Carefully she stepped down, taking great caution to make sure she didn’t drop it.

With that done, Laura made her way over to the soccer field, looking for a good clear spot where none of the trees in the area would block her view. Taking a bit of time to find what she desired, she soon settled for a spot below the center of the field. Setting down the telescope and opening up its legs so it would support itself, Laura took another look up at the stars before flipping the front of her journal open.

Inside she saw a familiar sight. A bunch of little doodles she had done on the front of stars, but more importantly was the compass she had tapped to the top right corner of it. Let’s see, put the little guy in his home and I’ll be standing North she thought, remembering the tip her grandfather taught her for remembering how to use a compass. Laying her journal flat in her hand she turned her body until she was facing due North according to the compass, looking up once again.

“Ok, now that I am facing the right way, let’s see.” She said, grabbing the telescope and sticking it in front of where she was now facing. “Mars and Mercury should both be North West, leaning more on the West side.” Following her own words, she tilted her head slightly, trying to see the faint red dots in the night sky that were supposed to be the planets.

“Come on, come on, I know you are there.” Laura said, squinting her eyes in a vain attempt to make the planets visible. “Wait, what am I thinking? They’re so close together at this time they’ll look like one big red dot!” Mentally slapping herself, she searched the sky until she found a red star that appeared bigger than its neighbors, and aimed her telescope at it.

Gazing inside of the lens, she saw a very blurred image of what she guessed was Mars. Adjusting the dial to clear up the image, she was happy to see she had guessed right. While a bit of it was cut off from view, she could see the Red Planet, Mars pretty clearly.

Adjusting the zoom of the telescope to fit the entire planet in focus, Laura flipped through the pages in her journal, before finding an empty page to draw on. Pulling out her pen, she took a few minutes to try and draw Mars as best as she could, occasionally looking through the lens again to remember the finer details of it.

Once she was satisfied with her drawing, Laura flipped the journal over to the other side and adjusted her telescope, now searching for the Tiny Planet, Mercury. After a few minutes passed, she managed to locate the planet, and with some difficulty drew it into her journal as well, marking the date on both drawings.

“Right, next up is Jupiter. If I can see it from this angle.” Laura thought out loud, hoping the Moon wasn’t obscuring the gas giant. Knowing it was supposed to be in the South East, she started to readjust her telescope to that position, soon stopping it in what she considered the right spot.

“Come on, I could use a new pair of shoes.” Looking through the telescope as she zoomed out, she easily caught the Moon, currently entering its Waxing Gibbous phase of the Lunar Cycle. “Shoot, I think its too bright to see Jupiter.” Laura said, not catching any sign of the gas giant in her sights. She adjusted the view and searched around the general area, but nothing she was looking for came up.

“Man, I was hoping for a three in one night.” Disappointed by her turnout, Laura reached her fingers up to the dial to zoom out the telescope, before seeing something flash by the lens. “Wait, what was that?” She said, confused. Zooming out the lens to try and catch whatever that was, she managed to catch a slight glimpse of it before it went out of view again.

Is that a shooting star? She thought, lifting her head up and away from the telescope to see if she could catch it with her own eyes. Gazing into the sea of stars, she saw it; a faint white star flying across the sky to the South East. “Wow, I didn’t know about something like that happening tonight." Laura said to herself, before realizing something.

The star didn’t disappear to the South East like she thought it did. In fact, it looked like it was getting…bigger? Wait, bigger means…OH CRAP. Her legs realizing the danger started to high-tail it out of there, with Laura grabbing her telescope as well just in case. Running back to the safety of her pickup truck, she turned her head back for just a second, right as a brilliant white object collided with the ground.

BOOM

The force of the impact blew Laura off of her feet, as she slid across the grass of the field, cradling her telescope to try and keep it from breaking. As she slid to a stop, she looked down and found that she thankfully hadn’t damaged it, but right now she had a much bigger concern.

Turning her head back, she nearly dropped the telescope at what she saw. Right in the middle of the soccer field was a large crater, about 20ft in diameter. Smoke was still coming out of it, but whatever fell out of the sky was much smaller than the crater was, in fact she couldn’t even see it from here.

Oh my God, did a shooting star seriously fall to Earth and no one expected it? Laura thought, shocked that the news didn’t report on such a thing. Laying her telescope down on the ground, she carefully approached the crater, slightly afraid of what might be inside. Inching closer to the edge of it, she peered down into the smoke spewing crater, where she could see the faint silhouette of something at the bottom.

“No way. I have got to see this.” Laura said, stepping onto the edge of the crater, and slowly making her way down, doing her best to avoid slipping and hurting herself. Alas, her efforts were in vain, as her left foot landed on a lose stone that gave way under it, making her lose her balance and slide the rest of the way down on her legs.

Reeling from the burning feeling on the front of her legs, Laura rubbed both of them slightly before standing up again. Shaking a little in anticipation, she slowly approached the thing that fell to Earth. The smoke from the crater was starting to clear up, and it gave her a clear view of what had made such a large hole.

It was a boy. A teenage boy based on his appearance and size, with curly blonde hair that had a number of small rocks tangled in it. His skin was white, almost pale, as though it’d never seen the Sun, and his eyes were closed. There wasn’t any clothing on him, save for what looked like black undergarments around his waist. They seemed shiny in the moonlight, indicating they might have been made out of rubber or something similar.

That wasn’t the thing that really caught Laura’s attention though. What she was most surprised to see was the pair of large, brilliant white wings that emerged from his shoulder blades. They were almost 7 feet long each, each one clearly longer than his entire body.

Standing in disbelief at the sight before her, Laura asked the question that was most on her mind. “Did…Did I just watch an angel fall to Earth?”

#1 Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  2. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Chapter II: Heaven’s Lost Property

September 15th, 10: 45 PM

Laura stood over the boy, her mouth agape in shock. Impossible…There is no way I just saw that She thought, still unable to comprehend the crater she was standing in. “An angel, falling out of the sky…Wait, is he alive?” She asked herself, looking down at him.

He didn’t seem to be moving, but she still crept up to his body and crouched down to see it. She didn’t seem his chest rising, so she slowly reached out with her hand and laid it on his chest, feeling for a heartbeat.

…Bum Bum, Bum Bum. She felt a very faint beat resonate from inside his chest. “He is alive.” She said to no one in particular, baffled that the angel had survived such a fall. Looking over his unconscious body once again, she tried to think of what to do with the angel.

“I can’t just leave him like this out here” She rationalized. “I…guess the best thing to do would be get him out of this crater and bring him home.” I can’t even begin to imagine how Meemaw and Pa are going to react to this.

With her mind made up on what to do, she reached down and got her left arm underneath the angel’s body. After struggling for a moment with his weight, she managed to life him up to his feet, wrapping his right arm over her.

“Alright mister, let’s try and get you out of here.” Laura said, gritting her teeth as she started to climb out of the crater with the angel. Her movements were slow, more careful than her descent from before, as she kept her eyes on the ground while climbing, not wanting to slip and fall back down.

Last thing I need is to hurt this guy and myself even further. After a few minutes ticked by Laura managed to get both of them out of the crater. Panting at having to carry such a heavy load, she laid the angel down on the grass face down to catch her breath.

Phew, you’d think an angel would be light as a feather or something.” Laura joked to herself, her hands on her knees as she took deep breathes. Once she felt ready again, she picked up the angel once more and carried him over to her truck.

Taking just a second to unlock it, Laura had to carefully push the angel into the passenger seat, before realizing a problem. “Oh great, now I have to find a way to drive with those wings in the way.” She said, unsure of what she could do about the large wings that stretched over into the driver’s seat.

“Well, I’ll take care of that in a second. First, telescope.” She said, not wanting to forget it. Picking it up from the spot she had left it in, she lifted it up and carried it over to the back of the truck. Climbing up into the back with it in hand, Laura retied the telescope into place with the bungee cord she has used before.

“Alright. Now back to the real problem. How am I supposed to drive home with those wings in my way…” Walking around to the driver’s seat, Laura opened it up to figure out a plan. “Maybe I can just wrap them around his body?”

Pushing one of the wings back so she could get into the driver’s seat, Laura decided to try her idea. She gingerly wrapped each of the wings around the angel’s body, hoping it wouldn’t hurt him. Once finished, she easily had enough room to drive, the angel looking like he had a white feathery blanket over him.

“I hope I don’t freak them out too much with you.” Laura said to the angel, as she put the keys in the ignition and started the engine. Looking over her shoulder just in case there was someone else driving by, she slowly backed out of the parking lot and onto the road, where she began the trek back home.

September 15th, 11: 30 PM

After a quiet drive, Laura pulled into the driveway of her home. Turning the engine off and pulling out the keys, she looked over at her unconscious passenger.

He still wasn’t awake, which was understandable; falling from who knows how high probably isn’t something you just wake up from easily. Undoing her seat belt and opening the door, Laura stepped down from the truck and walked around to the passenger’s seat.

And now to try and explain what happened to them. If they are even still awake Laura thought, realizing how late it was. Not wanting anyone to see her doing this, she quickly opened the passenger’s door and pulled the angel out, closing the door behind him.

Standing him on his feet and wrapping his arm around her again, she walked with him up to the front door and quickly opened it, stepping inside and closing it in one swift motion.

Back inside her home, Laura looked ahead of her into the dark interior of the house. The main entrance to their house was a main hallway that opened up on the right for a small library, the walls lined with bookshelves, and two grey sofas opposite of each other in the center. On the left was a door that led to Pa’s workshop, where he would spend hours woodcarving.

“Meemaw?” Laura asked the darkness, wondering if she was still awake. She got her answer quickly, as she heard her grandmother reply from the living room in the back. “Laura, is that you? It’s a bit later than I thought, guess I lost track of time reading again.”

Well, that’s definitely her Laura thought, giggling a little at her grandmother’s ability to get lost in a good book. “Meemaw, uh…How do I put this…Something crazy happened when I was out stargazing. Can you come out here?” She asked, not sure how else to drop the news.

“Oh my, did something happen to your telescope?” Meemaw replied, as Laura could hear her shuffling out of the living room towards the hallway. “If it’s broken, we can go out in the next few days and find…a…replacement…” She trailed off as she finally came out into the hallway, getting a full view of the angel Laura was carrying.

Laura’s Meemaw was average for a grandmother. She was slightly shorter than Laura, with a mop of grey hair that rested just above her shoulders. She also appeared a bit heavier than Laura, and currently had on a dark purple night dress and a matching pair of slippers. There was a worn brown book in her left hand, though that soon hit the floor as she took in the sight in front of her.

“…Laura, please tell me I haven’t died yet.” Meemaw said out loud, worried she had passed while reading and was about to go to Heaven. Laura laughed a little at her grandmother’s fears before easing her worries.

“No Meemaw, you are still alive. And you are probably just as confused as I am about our new friend here.” Laura replied, gesturing to the angel she was holding up. Meemaw’s mouth hung open as Laura could see the gears turning in her head, trying to rationalize the angel’s existence.

“What the…how did…What happened?” She asked, clearly afraid of whatever Laura had for her. Laura sighed before taking a few steps closer to her grandmother and explaining.

“While I was stargazing, I saw what I thought was a shooting star. Only, it was this guy, not a star, and it crash landed in the same area I was in. I couldn’t just leave him there; he’s still alive” Laura said, not sure what Meemaw would say in response.

“…Well, first thing we should do is set him down. I’m going to try my best not to freak out at the presence of an angel in my house, unless I want to wake up Gerald at this hour.” Meemaw replied, shuffling towards Laura and helping her lift up the angel on his other side. “I have absolutely no idea what we can do for him, other than wait and see if he wakes up. Do you have any ideas?”

“Not really. I honestly am still just in shock at what happened” Laura replied, as the two walked with the angel to the living room. The room was open to the kitchen, with two light brown couches perpendicular of each other, a chocolate brown coffee table between them, and a flat screen television sitting on top of a rectangular cabinet, filled with old DVDs and films on one side, and a DVD player on the other.

“Set him down here.” Meemaw said, as the two of them laid the angel down on the couch opposite of the television, his wings draping over his body. “Thank goodness we don’t have a dog, otherwise, they’d go straight for those wings.”

Laura laughed a little at her grandmother’s comment, as the two stepped away from the angel. “Well, all we can really do at this point is wait for him to wake up. Though we need to explain this to Pa first as well so he doesn’t have the same reaction you did.”

“I can take care of that, dear. Though for now I think it might be best if you stayed down here for the night in case he wakes up. Who knows how long that will take?” Laura nodded her head at her grandmother’s words. For all we know he could wake up in the next five minutes.

“Sure, I can keep an eye on him. You get some rest, and I’ll grab a blanket.” Laura replied. Now that they two had a plan, Laura hugged her grandmother and said goodnight, walking upstairs with her before splitting off to her room while Meemaw went to the master bedroom. Grabbing a spare blanket from her bedroom, Laura headed back downstairs to the living room and sat down on the other couch, covering herself with the blanket for warmth.

“Thank goodness it was Friday…” She said to herself, knowing she wouldn’t have been able to stay up too late if it was a school night. Turning her head to the sleeping angel on the couch, she wondered when he would awaken.

“I’ve got all the time in the world right now to find out.”

September 16th, 3: 00 AM

Back in Old Settler’s Park, two figures were standing around the crater the angel had caused on impact.

“The subject isn’t here.” One of them said, their voice sounding muffled. “They were supposed to have landed here approximately 4.5 hours ago. Where are they?”

“Subject’s arrival here is confirmed. However, they seemed to have been moved by an unknown agent. Unsure of how to proceed” The other replied in a monotone voice. The two looked out around the area, trying to determine what would have moved the subject.

“Impact should have been enough to render subject unconscious.” The monotone one said. “If subject was not, the subject may have attempted to flee the area. Sir, we must pursue the subject if this possibility is true.”

“And we will. We cannot let him get far.” The muffled voice stated. “After all, he knows his place. An Angel must serve their God.”

3. Infernostar

Infernopaw
    (Quilava)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,978.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Chapter III: First Contact

September 16th, 10: 30 AM

Laura didn’t remember falling asleep as she kept watch over the angel, but she did remember the sun shining in her face from the window to the backyard. Groaning as she covered her eyes with her arm, she turned her body in the direction of the coffee table, cracking her eyes open just slightly to check if the angel was awake.

He wasn’t, still quietly laid out on the other sofa, his wings draped over him like a makeshift blanket. He seemed rather peaceful like that, leaving Laura to wonder when he might decide to wake up.

“Well, doesn’t seem like that will happen anytime soon.” She said, sitting up on the couch and putting her feet on the coffee table. Reaching over with her left hand, she adjusted the blinds on the window, so she wasn’t bothered by the light shining in, as both Meemaw and Pa walked into the room.

Pa was easily the tallest of the three, about a head taller than Laura was. His appearance in his old age was for the most part tame, save for the lack of hair on his head. What little he did have was reserved for the patches of white behind his ears, leaving the top of his head completely exposed to the elements.

Currently he had a light blue-collar shirt with a pair of denim slacks and white socks. Despite his age, he had few wrinkles on his aging white skin, and his dark blue eyes looked ready for the day.

“He’s right there on the couch.” Meemaw said, gesturing to the angel while smiling at Laura. Laura smiled back as her eyes shifted to Pa, who looked like his eyes were about to pop right out of his skull. He raised a hand to his neck and placed a finger on it, causing Laura to laugh.

“No Pa, your heart hasn’t stopped yet.” She laughed, as he sighed in relief. “If it did, then we wouldn’t be here either. And we are just as confused as you.”

“It’s remarkable.” Pa said, putting a hand to his mouth, his eyes gazing over the angel. “I never thought I’d be alive and see an angel, much less have one in my own home.”

“I know, it doesn’t feel real. But where did he come from? And how did he get here?” Laura wondered out loud, “I have so many questions I want to ask him when he wakes up.”

“Of course, dear, but we need to make sure we don’t come on too strongly onto him.” Meemaw said, as she turned around to make her way to the kitchen. Shuffling her feet on the tile floor, she approached the pantry and opened it before walking inside.

“So, what exactly happened last night when you went out?” Pa asked, still not entirely filled in on the details. He took a seat next to Laura, his eyes still focused intently on the angel. “I can’t imagine it was something you will forget for a long time.”

“You’re telling me.” Laura said in response, before turning to face her grandfather, “I was stargazing and thought that I had seen a shooting star, but it looked like it was getting bigger, because well…it was.” Laura giggled a little at her bluntness, as Pa let out a chuckle. “I ran for cover, and the next thing I knew there was a crater with him in it.”

Pa looked like he was ready to ask more questions, mouth already open, but instead it hung open as his eyes bulged at the angel again. Laura turned her head to see he had started to move, albeit slowly. The brilliant white wings were stretching straight up from his back, as his arms and legs moved more stiffly, getting a feel for the sofa he was on.

After a few moments of blindly determining where he was, the angel put his hands down and pushed his body upright, eyes still closed. His wings stretched out to his sides, one of them noticeably bending at a wrong angle.

That wing…I don’t like the way it’s jutting out Laura thought, as she watched the angel open his eyes. A pair of golden iris’ shined from his eyes, as he blinked a few times, and started to look around, focusing on nothing in particular. After what seemed like an eternity to Laura and Pa, the angel turned his head and took note of the both of them.

He didn’t open his mouth to speak, merely sizing them up, his eyes filled with curiosity. Tilting his head slightly, the angel didn’t move from his seat, content with simply staring at them, same as how they looked back at him.

Odd, if I woke up in a stranger’s place, I’d at least make some sort of sound Laura thought as she stared back at him. She waited a bit as he looked around before trying to get his attention. “…Hello.” She said softly, causing his head to turn in her direction. A frown formed on his face, as he seemed focused on her mouth.

“…Um, is something wrong?” She asked carefully, a bit nervous at how she was being looked at. The angel didn’t respond, furrowing his brows as his only reaction to what Laura said. I am not sure what’s going on in his head, but why isn’t he saying anything? Does he not know what we are saying?

“Hm…Can you understand us?” Pa said, catching Laura off guard. Turning her head to ask why Pa would say such a thing, she caught the angel nod his head out of the corner of her eye. Wait, he can? Then why the silent treatment?

“You do understand us, thank heavens.” Pa said with relief in his voice. “Pardon our pestering with these questions, but are you unable to talk?” He asked slowly, not wanting to offend the angel.

As expected, there was no audible response from the angel. His expression softened up, the frown becoming more somber, as he nodded his head once more. The golden eyes he possessed seemed particularly sad to admit this fact, tearing up slightly.

Oh my…He’s pretty torn up about that Laura thought, not wanting to hurt him further. She may not know much about the angel or his life, but she couldn’t imagine living without the ability to speak was easy. After all, she talked with her grandparents and her friends at school every day; it wasn’t something she would ever want to give up.

“Well let’s think about this.” Pa continued, “If you can’t talk, do you have another way for us to understand you? Perhaps writing?” The angel tilted his head, seeming unsure as to what Pa was saying. “Perhaps not. But just in case…” Pa added, standing up and walking out of the room for a moment.

It didn’t take a genius to figure out what Pa was looking for, and Laura suspected it would only be a few seconds before he came back. She turned her head back to the angel, who was staring off in the direction Pa had left. His wings were up, his right wing still showing signs of injury, bending at a bad angle. That’s going to take some time to heal Laura thought, before seeing Pa return.

He was carrying a notebook and a pen in his hands, as he sat back down next to Laura. Pa placed the notebook down on the coffee table, and took a minute to write down something with the pen. Looking down at her grandfather’s writing, Laura saw that he had done a quick write up of the English alphabet, from a to z.

“Um, Pa, what are you” She tried to say, before Pa raised a finger to her. “Just a moment, dear. I have an idea.” He raised up the notebook to the angel, pointing to the letters with his pen. “Does this look familiar to you?” Pa asked the angel.

As expected, the angel didn’t speak a reply. Though to Laura and Pa’s surprise, he reached out with an open hand, as if he wanted to see the notebook closer. Pa’s eyes widened, as he gave the angel what he wanted, including the pen with the notebook.

The angel’s eyes were glued to the letters in the notebook, as if he were slowly taking them in. Both Laura and Pa sat in anticipation, waiting to see what he would do. Then, to their continued shock, he started to scribble something down in the pages of the notebook.

No way, can he actually write? Laura pondered, a bit awestruck at what she was seeing. He sat there for several moments, silently scratching something into the pages, before appearing satisfied. The angel looked up at the two of them, before silently turning the notebook around to show what he had written.

It wasn’t quite what they were expecting. Below the alphabet that Pa had scribbled out was an assortment of strange markings. They weren’t in any language that Laura had ever seen, and judging by Pa’s blank expression, she guessed he didn’t know what this was either.

What…is this… Laura thought to herself, trying to decipher this strange new writing. Looking at the bizarre chicken-scratches the angel had drawn, her eyes drifted up to the English alphabet Pa had written out. Looking back down at the angels work, she blinked a few times, before noticing something.

“…Hold on. Let me see that.” Laura said, reaching out for the notebook. The angel obliged, handing the notebook back with the pen, giving Laura a closer look at everything that was written.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M

N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

/\ |\ \/ /| |: |; \| || | ‘| |, |. /|\

|\| [] |” [.] “| ,|’ ‘|’ |_| \./ |\/| .|. \|/ ‘|,

“…Give me just a second.” Laura said, taking up the notebook. Carefully looking over both what her grandfather and the angel dotted down, she wrote something directly below the angel’s work.

Pa peered over Laura’s shoulder to see what she was writing, nodding his head as he started to understand what she was trying. I hope this works the way she thinks it will He thought, as she put the pen down, looking at what she had written.

Hello

|||:|.|.[]

Let’s see if he can understand what I am saying. Laura thought, turning the notebook back around to show the angel. She set it down in front of him, leaving the pen next to her writing.

He took a few seconds to register what exactly Laura had written, tilting his head with that curious look in his eyes once again. After a few moments of silence the angel reached out and grabbed the pen, looking up at Laura for a second before looking back at the paper. He slowly marked down the pages with the pen, before turning the notebook around to show her and Pa what he had wrote.

Hello