1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Design a Pokemon! VOTING IN PROGRESS

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by OzoneFruit, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Well, obviously, first off, this thing needs to be blue, cuz Team Azure, just sayin. This immediately brings water/ice types to mind, but let's throw blue paint at the wall and see what sticks!

IMPORTANT

All right, to narrow our options down, I've created a strawpoll with a list of basic designs. Please vote for your TOP 3 PICKS, and I'll make another poll for the finalists (will determine a number later)

https://strawpoll.com/7hy4z16a

THE FIRST ROUND OF VOTING WILL CLOSE THIS THURSDAY JULY 5, AT 11:59 PM PST.

THE FINALIZED TYPE VOTING WILL CLOSE THIS SATURDAY JULY 7, AT 11:59 PM PST.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. Merdrabolt

Merdrabolt Hex Maniac

Umbra
    (Zorua)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3.1
    Darkinum Z ★★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    It doesn't really fit with the blue theme but
    I've always had the idea of a common bird Pokémon like Pidgey but based on a Peacock.
    Its final evolution would be a psychic type that hypnotises opponents with the pattern on its tail.

3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    It looks like having a full evolution line will probably get us more points than just a standalone. I think the best thing would be to try and make a three-stage evolution line, possibly with a Mega evolution, though that might be to much at once. Let's just come up with an idea first and then work on evolutions later.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. FNT

FNT Collector

Storm The Fort
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.2
    Ultra Ball ★★
    We could also have a branching evolution line with mega evolutions for each branch making a total of 3 Pokémon and 2 mega evoloutions

5. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    > 5 designs. Hoo boy, the artists will have their hands full X_X

6. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    I made a mon for my fangame (Currently working on the evos). It is a ice type which evolves from a cute dog to a big strong saber tooth tiger like mon. Can I show it or would it break rules, because it was made for something else?

7. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Feel free to share your art here, though we won't be using any pre-made designs for our entries!

Actually, if anyone has some Fakemon designs, feel free to share them here! We should get the art squad going!

8. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    These are just a few examples of art/what skills I can bring to the table! I do digital stuff mostly (Haven't even sketched on paper in forever :P)

SMALLER Petriope Concept art 2.0 COMPLETE.jpeg Pupyx 2.0 Concept Art COMPLETE SMALLER.png

Absotale SMALLER.png Genesis Kyougrezma Bio SMALLER.png Rosalure Bio SMALLER.png

9. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Well I have this one that we can redraw and make evo/pre evo.
    BF230191-6EE8-4790-AB9E-DE6713BB71CC.png

10. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Aaa, these all look nice, I might try to design one myself.

11. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Either way, we need to start with an idea. There are enough water types as it is in my opinion. I say we make a Fairy type that evolves twice, with the final stage adding Dark type. Some kind of evil pixie or something. Would have great speed and good Special attack and HP, Decent Defense and Special Defense, and a bad Attack stat, like 35 or something in the final form. If you guys like the idea, let me know, but we should make something NEW. As cool as these fakemon designs are, if we can't use them, it is a waste of time to post them. No matter how awesome that Chandelure/Roserade fusion is. So leave your ideas, and we'll vote on them after a day or two.

12. Arctiquaza

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    How about I get a random word generator and we can brainstorm with that

13. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Just... Fine. Get a few random words, and choose two of them you think would work together. Mash them up and think of a type, then post it here. We'll let you know if we like it.

14. Arctiquaza

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    A2529C89-1DC4-4EB5-85F5-46DB5F7FE63A.jpeg
    Hmm... How about a Psychic/Fighting type? The "Arcane" and "kick/stun"

It could be something that focuses on confusing and stunning the opponent with rapid kicks and spells.

#14 Jul 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  15. FireSpartan5

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    If I'm being perfectly honest, I don't like a direct combination of those words, and both spells and kicks? What is this, Bayonetta? Arcane was also used already. Arcanine. Arcane canine. This is why we should come up with a concept before a name. So that we can make the best name possible, while not having the mon be too complex in it's arsenal in terms of concepts.

16. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    All right, to narrow our options down, I've created a strawpoll with a list of basic designs. Please vote for your top 3 picks, and I'll make another poll for the finalists (will determine a number later)

https://strawpoll.com/7hy4z16a

THE FIRST ROUND OF VOTING WILL CLOSE THIS THURSDAY JULY 5, AT 11:59 PM PST.

THE FINALIZED TYPE VOTING WILL CLOSE THIS SATURDAY JULY 7, AT 11:59 PM PST.

#16 Jul 2, 2018
  17. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Okay team, here's a thought! :D

We're still figuring out the Type for a "Create-a-type Challenge" but once we finalize that, I think it would be cool if this Pokémon had that type implemented into it! It'd be bonus points for creativity!

18. FNT

FNT Collector

Storm The Fort
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.2
    Ultra Ball ★★
    i like this idea nice thinking. Going off that we should prioritize the type over this so we can use it here. Maybe we should hold off on your straw poll then? So we can base the style of the Pokémon off typing

19. OzoneFruit

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Personally I've always gotten rough sketches over typing first. You can draw a sketch of a dragon that can turn into a water/fire/ice, etc. with the right bells and whistles added after. A humanoid can become an angel/knight/magician if you add wings/armor/robes. I feel should get a base concept down and then draw off of that.

EDIT: It also works vice versa. If someone has a Typing they're set on, that will also probably influence the design. I know if I was told to think of a Dark/Fairy, I'd go for a humanoid/amorphous, or if I was given a Steel/Electric, I'd immediately think of mechanical.

#19 Jul 2, 2018
  20. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've got something I'm working on right now that has to do with one of the new types we came up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.