1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Event Design your own game idea!

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Getus, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Design your own game idea!

Have you ever wanted to design your own game? Well now is your chance! In this event teams of 3 will create a Game Design Document, or GDD for short, which will detail their ideal game!

Rules

· You must use the template provided

· No plagiarism, inspiration is fine but it must not be a copy of another game/franchise that exists.

· I will set up PM groups for each group, where I can monitor the progress and team work. These MUST be used to communicate, I will not post in them so do not use them to contact me.

· The document must include art designs where relevant, do not worry if your art is not good. It is an example, or sketch of your ideas. They do not need to be good.

· Make sure the document makes sense, proper English is appreciated.

Tips

Despite the GDD being labelled a 10 pager, the document does NOT need to be ten pages. What this means is there are ten headings for each team to cover, but not every heading needs to be covered as not all games will include features relevant to the heading. The more headings you cover though, the better your chance of winning. The example below is a medium sized GDD, yours does not need to match that, if you can then great. Remember, this is your teams game idea. You won't always have a lot to write about.

It is also recommended you use my example of a GDD if you feel uncertain over what each section should look like. If you’re still uncertain feel free to contact me before the event begins and I will explain further. When the event begins I will not respond to any questions that I feel may give a team an unfair advantage, this means my opinion on an idea and the like. The only types of questions I will answer are clarification of the rules.

To reiterate, I will be observing the PM's for how the teams work together but that is all I will be observing. I do not need to see the progress of your GDD, in fact the only time I should see it is when it is submitted for judging.

What will be judged?

The final GDD that is given to me, and the teamwork shown in the PM's, will be the deciding factor for the top three places at the end of the event. Remember, this is only the planning of a game. Not actually making it.

Title

Intended Platform

Target Audience

Age Rating:

Game Story: (THIS IS A SUMMARY, TWO OR THREE PARAGRAPHS)

Challenges (What will challenge the player in the game? Enemies? A moral system?)

Rewards (What rewards will the player receive throughout the game? How will they receive them?)

Progression (How does the player progress through the game?)

Player Characters (what characters will the player control?)

Controls (How does the player play the game? Keyboard and Mouse? What keys on the keyboard do they use?)

Gameplay: (How is the game played? For example, in a RPG this section would include stats and powers)

Game World: (A brief explanation of each area in the world)

Game Experience (What does the player see when playing the game? Main menu? HUD?)

Gameplay Mechanics (What mechanics are in the game? NPC’s? Environmental Hazards?)

Enemies (What enemies does the player encounter? Include enemies from basic grunts to big bosses)

Cut-scenes (How many cutscenes are in the game? How would they play out?)

Bonus Material (Is there any loot in your game? Any post game, or in game, achievements?)

Deadlines
    Event Start: 10th February 3 PM PST
    Event End: 27th February 3 PM PST

Prizes

1st Place: 45PP + Contest Winner Medal per member

2nd Place:
    30 PP per member

3rd Place: 15 PP per member​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. BluetailsTheBuizel

Legendary Egg
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽161.3
    Oran Berry ★★
    Man, wish I have time for this. Even if I have time, I don't think I will complete by the dateline.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    That sucks, I probably should've made a post stating this but due to the fact there has been no sign ups, or really interest in this event, I'm cancelling it. Still, if you're interested in the concept of a GDD, or game design in general you can still give it a try in your free time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.