1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Did N change your thinking on Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ✯Ho-OhLugia✯, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Hello all! The first and second generations were mainly about catching and battling with Pokémon as well as trading with them. You had to catch them all, and defeat the champion as well as stopping Team Rocket's evil schemes. However, most people just thought of Pokémon as cool monsters that you fight with.

With the release of Black and White, we were faced with a deeper insight about Pokémon, thanks to the teachings of N. N loved Pokémon, and while we were taught in the older generations to love and care about our Pokémon, N went to the extremes of making all Pokémon happy by making us release them.

N also said that we have to listen to our Pokémon's voices and treat them equally, not making them battle and perform musicals as we wish. N changed my thinking of Pokémon as how other trainers treat them, and I don't like the Pokémon being forced what to do, as opposed to asking the Pokémon if they mind battling.

So, has N changed your thinking on Pokémon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Not really honestly. I don't take that stuff too seriously though his story and plot was pretty compelling. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Not really, IRL Pokémon doesn't exist and I don't have a lot of choices in Pokémon that really allow me to make that choice.
    When I'm writing, it's another ball game entirely. Their entire culture is almost entirely entwined with Pokémon. If TP had succeeded, then thousands of people would be out of a job.
    In the games, you are a 10 year old. The player charaxter has no real idea how much Pokémon affects their lives. The politics and economy. I imagine their are pretty harsh laws against the mistreatment of Pokémon. Then also in the anime, we don't see blood. I don't know if we do in Kalos, but Sinnoh on down, nope.

Honestly, I blame Ghetsis for keeping N ignorant. I'd imagine, if they had such laws (and it makes sense they would) and how much Pokémon impacted their world, then N would probably have changed his approach a little. But everything Ghetsis did was to ensure that N would be a perfect pawn.

In short, no N did not change me.

4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I honestly didn't think differently about Pokémon in any way after N... His ideals were in the right place, but I think that there are people out there, not just me, who would think of their party as friends... I don't really think it had as much of an impact on me...

5. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Psh, N was quite the delusional fellow. No thoughts of mine were changed or altered in any fashion. I'd love to see N and Silver in the same room though. Silver would have the time of his life berating that fool. :-)

6. XxGinger-the-starxX

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Well not really and it sort of felt like he didn't entirely know what he was talking about. But I did like his character and what he said to add t the story :)

7. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    ...Really? Silver and N are my top favourite characters, but I don't think that would happen in my opinion. In my opinion, I think Silver is kind and a nice person!

Anyway, going back to the topic, I'm surprised that so far, only Ho-Oh and my thought's were changed... I wouldn't think that people wouldn't think of their party as friends... anyway, it's everyone's opinions, and I'm not here to criticize.

I actually believe N is a nice fellow, and I really like him, thus he changed my thinking, and I now think of my Pokémon as best friends (in my imaginary world too)

8. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    To be honest, no. When I started B/W, I knew immediately that these guys were hypocrites. N may have legit felt this way, but I wasn't having any of this propoganda. If Pokémon were truly being abused, the would have turned around and killed us. Yeah, that Hydregion you're pissing off? It'd use Dragon Pulse on your face and kill ya. Pokémon aren't defenseless and I think if they felt mistreated, they'd turn around and stand up for themselves.

9. pokedragonS8

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Not really, but he did make me go softer on my cats. :)
    ...Now they won't stop following me when I go out. :/

At the end of the day though, I kicked his butt! :D

10. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Not really. Pokémon was always a game to me, and I love these things to bits. I don't see how I tortured them like Team Plasma did.

11. VintageRaticate

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.2
    Not really, I was too busy drooling over N to really care what he was saying. xD

12. Aironic

Aironic PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    Not really

13. Noizirate

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I do like N as a character and his ideologies did stand out from anything in the prior games for me, however I quickly forgot about the point he was trying to convey and I found Team Plasma quite hypocritical. I also agree with what J.J. stated; if Pokémon honestly felt like they were being mistreated in any way then they would retaliate, regardless of how much they love their trainer.

14. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    To be honest, he did make me think twice about 'catching em' all'. I mean, it can't be good for the ecosystems if trainers keep taking them into captivity. Yeah you can release them to the wild, but isn't that what team Plasma (not Ghetsis) was all about? I guess what I'm saying isn't that the Pokémon don't want to fight, but that the true cruelty is when you keep them in the PC simply for collecting reasons. It's made me fond of nuzlockes because one way to explain the one-catch-per-route rule is that there's a law about it for conservation.

15. Kizojin

Kizojin Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    What he said was quite interesting, but did i take it seriously? Nope, i could care less as long as i battled him.

16. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    In a way, yes. However, I really believe that we aren't forcing Pokémon to do our bidding. I'm more of a person who feel like we treat them as partners. We need them as much as they need us. We heal and help them become stronger, while in return they keep us safe and help us in anyway they can. Their might be some unfair treatment, but I really don't believe we "enslave them" as much as others think. I mean do we consider our animal friends such as pets as enslaved?

17. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Nope, I couldn't take him serious at all. I didn't even think twice about what he was saying since I honestly just found him annoying more than anything.

18. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Not really, that much. His story was great and all, but he honestly didn't make me think about it that much after I finished the storyline, or even before haha.

19. VeryButter

VeryButter Overly Buttered Artist

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    He didn't change me, because I already felt that way. I already loved my Pokémon and wish they could all walk with me in all the games (especially Kalos!), because who knows how they feel in those Pokeballs? For instance, instead of going for a full team in my AS playthrough, I kept a small, simple, loveable team of four, and I never have HM Pokémon in my team :D

Really, I like to enjoy the games as if I was the character. It allows me to get deeper into the game and lets my imagination run more smoothly.

brsajo likes this.
  20. LillyRoyal

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.4
    No. Simply because I never saw it as Pokémon doing anything they didn't want to even in Black and White its said by N that your Pokémon love you and love being with you They enjoy contests and battles and having potions used on them. They like traveling and can remember where you met and how far you've come with them. I can see what N was trying to do and anyone who abuses Pokémon deserves them taken away but I do not feel as if thats most or even many trainers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.