1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Difficulty Selection

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Bubbles, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    In a few previous Pokémon games, there was an option to change the difficulty setting of the game after defeating the main game. This meant that you could start a new save file and trainers such as gym leaders and elite four would have higher level Pokémon and sometimes even more of them in their arsenal.

Would you like to see a difficulty setting in USUM? How many difficulties should there be? Which one would you select? What aspects would you like the difficulties to change about the game?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DemonicKraken

KIRA
    (Clamperl)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽314.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Sure, why not? I'd probably never use it, but sure!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Yeah, I’d love a higher difficulty setting. Kinda like what you could do in Fire Emblem.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I think it would add a fun new item to the game, it would really keep you on your toes for those who think they are too easy.

5. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    Difficulty selections would be nice if they were available at the start instead of waiting for the post game.

Knightmare likes this.
  6. Knightmare

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽214.5
    ^ This. I know some games also have this "unlock new dificulties after beating the game once" feature, but I simply don't feel like playing all over. It's an issue I have with Pokémon, added to the fact I usually breed a lot I don't like to lose all my items and/or BPs for the sake of a higher dificulty.

7. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Ooooooh, interesting idea! Even though I honestly probably don't want to play through the game a second time to have a harder difficulty, it would be pretty fun for those who would want to do nuzlockes. It would definitely add a new feature to the game that many fans would love, so here's hoping something similar to this comes to USM ^_^

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'd love to! I never got the chance to experience difficulty settings in BW2 since they could only be unlocked after beating the main story, but I'd love an option we could get right off the bat. Pokémon is an easy game for me as someone who has played since the initial release of RBY so a little bit more challenge would be very welcome. I like training and leveling up my mons anyway =p

9. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    It'd be incredibly interesting for challenges, Nuzlockes, etc. Plus, it could bring more experienced players back into the rituals with a fresh challenge.
    #MissingNo

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I would probably just play on normal anyway, but I agree it would be a cool addition to use for Nuzlockes.