1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Don't judge a book by it's cover!

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Shada, Nov 2, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    "Don't judge a book by it's cover." But is that really true?

For most people that use websites around the interwebs to showcase your story, a cover is what your audience mostly looks at before looking at your blurb and then reading your story. Of course, isn't this the same way we go about in the libraries nowadays?

How do you showcase your cover to your audience? Do you ask someone to make it for you, perhaps a graphic artist of some sort? Do you ask someone to draw your cover personally for you? Or do you make it yourself? If you do, how so? How do you feel when your audience looks at your story? How often do you change your covers in your stories? Do you feel you judge a book by it's cover?

XXX
    I often do take great pride in my cover, and often I make them myself. I usually make then 256X400, and I use various places to help me make my covers, but most of the credit goes to Pixlr. When I'm busy, and really would like to post a chapter, I usually ask a graphic artist or two to give a hand. I've had a personal drawn cover once, but I revamped that recently. I often change my covers of my stories, about every 6 months or so, when showcasing to show my audience that even if it's completed, it's still not dead. I also believe that they see this fact.I don't judge a book by it's cover though, rather I base it off it's blurb and the plot from what I get out of it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.