1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

DrGetus's Animation Work

Discussion in 'Art Corner' started by Getus, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Hi there! Welcome to my animation portfolio, in here you'll find my planning for any animation I do (These include sketches and storyboards) as well as the finished animation when it's done. I may also include screenshots for bigger animations to show any progress If you have some criticism about the planning or finished product, please let me know. Anything to get better.

Anyway, off we gooo!

Animation 1 Planning
    Magikarp vs Spewpa

So this animation is a small, incredibly fast, battle between Magikarp and Spewpa. This is my first time doing an animation based on Pokémon so it's kinda choppy in the planning stages as I'm getting a grasp on the unique movements each Pokémon has.

Sketches

[​IMG]

This is a small sketch I did for Magikarp, the goal of this was to let me get an idea of Magikarps details and overall body for when I have to animate.

[​IMG]

Here is the quick sketch for Spewpa with the same intentions as the previous sketch.

[​IMG]

This is the first page of my storyboard which quickly shows the introduction of each Pokémon. The first box is an overview of the arena which then zooms into Magikarp showing it bouncing while it is introduced. After that is the single box showing Spewpa glaring at in Magikarp's direction. While the details of these storyboards aren't that good that's only because the scenes are exactly high detailed scenes, unlike movie's where I'd have to detail everything, with this it only focuses on one individual character in each shot.

[​IMG]
    This is the second and final page of the storyboard, showing the battle and how Magikarp is knocked out. It is a quick fight after all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Weedle Enthusiast likes this.