1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Eurovision Song Contest!

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Megarai111, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Are there more LV people out there who are interested in the Eurovision Song Contest? Are you excited for it? What country are you rooting for? Who do you think will continue to the finals? Share your opinion here!

For those of you who don't know: the Eurovision Song Contest is a singing competition in which a whole bunch of (European) countries (Australia as well, I believe) compete. Each country sends in one song that gets performed live, all in a row. The participants are split into two semi-finals, and the higher-ranking countries get to move on to the finals. The winner of the Eurovision Song Contest is determined through a voting process: all of Europe gets to vote for their favourite country (except for their native country, i.e. I as a Dutch person am unable to vote for the Netherlands). It's super exciting and a lot of fun to watch, IMO!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    I've never heard of it until now. Where can I watch this competition?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Well, I know this is being broadcasted live everywhere in Europe. Other than that, I'm pretty sure the full version is gonna be uploaded to Youtube soon, or maybe they show it here (I can't check this because I'm on my phone right now).

4. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Australia only got to compete once, as a celebration of some sort of milestone or so.

But yes, I'm a big fan. I love watching it. I have no favourite so far, though. A bit sad Iceland didn't make it through. They were nice. And god, that guy from Hungary, Freddie, is so cute!

Megarai111 likes this.
  5. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Second semi-final was bullshit. Some of the worst songs were allowed through to the finals.

6. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Agreed. I still don't know why Georgia managed to advance... the flashing lights gave me headaches >_<
    I like the first song (I believe it was Latvia's) song best from this semifinals, as well as Belgium's.

7. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Latvia and another one was just a pretty boy with a mediocre song. In my opinion, of course.

8. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Yeah, Hungary in the first semifinals was one too. I personally do like Latvia's song though.
    I just heard the Netherlands will be participating third and Belgium will be participating first. Let's kick some Eurovision ass! #TeamDouwe

9. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I really liked the Belgian song. It may be a bit too disco for me to actually buy it, but it's better than just one guy or one girl standing there and singing something.

10. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Agreed. It's pretty disco-y, but at least it's unique compared to what the others do.
    By the way, what do you think of Russia's entry? Man, those special effects were amazing!

11. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    They were a bit too much like the previous winner, Heroes, which I find a little cheap. They did up the game, though, so that was cool.

12. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I really liked last year's winner's song though. It was really catchy and the special effects were awesome too.
    Also, MÃ¥ns kinda looks like Toby from Mega Mindy XD

13. Iridescent Isabelle

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Yeah, Heroes was the deserved winner. They did something no one else had done, with the special effects. He had been practicing it for months. Apparently had started in February, while the show's in May.

I liked his long hair, from last year, better.

14. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    Yeah, this short hair doesn't really suit him.

I can see why he had to start oracticing from so early on. If he was only a few centimetres too much to the left or the right, the entire animation would be ruined because the things would be projected on him instead of on the screen. I know Sweden always gives the Eurovision broadcasting company a detailed report on which camera has to film from what angle on every second of the performance, but this was truly insane - insane in a good way, because it turned out really well. Like I said, he'd have to practice a lot in order to get all this right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.