1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Suggestion Event staff/Organizers

Discussion in 'Support Hub' started by Morgaine, Oct 1, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Sometimes I fear that members get bored of the events that we have each and every time a new event month rolls around. Most of them are a variation on things we had before, and longtime members can get bored of them.

What I would like is for the members to be able to directly suggest events to a panel of staff/helpers that only deals with events and event months. With help of the regular staff, they could pick out a few events and work them out with a bit of input from the member that suggested the event in the first place. The event helper team would be running these events, would not be considered "mods", but are specifically there to help run the event months. (and smaller events in the non-event months)

My hope is two things.

One. Alleviating the staff from extra stress surrounding the event months and making sure that there are people willing an capable of taking over events on a short notice. Staff are people as well, and sometimes life can be a bitch.

Two. Have the members feel even more interested in the event months and create more hype for them.

Ideally, I would like to see the event staff work on receiving event ideas, pick like three or four that sound good if there are more ideas than that, then work them out with the member that suggested it and run them instead of the member that suggested it, but also freeing up the mods that are busy and can't prepare well enough for the event month. Of course, this is all in conjunction with the actual staff.

Maybe even reward the people with an "Event Designer" badge if their event is chosen.

I am well aware that there are going to be people hurt over the fact that their event may not be chosen, and that this suggestion might not be possible. Still, I feel like I should make this suggestion. Thank the staff for hopefully at least considering it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy and Hraesvelgr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.