1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite names to use in games?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Furie, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    In Pokémon and the like I like to use a nickname based on my actual name, that name being Beffie.

In my mobile games I'm a lot less nervous about naming myself something else, the most common name being some variant of "Mikuri" because reasons.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Janna pretty much all the time, since it's my real name. But lately I've grown tired of being associated with LoL in game so I've slowly started using other names.. in one of my mobile apps I named my character Jolly, which I think is super cute. Might stick to that name in games where I don't have any irl/online friends added, since otherwise they might not be able to recognize me cause I always use Janna heh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    If the name of the character is really established I will leave it at that, if not I will use a name, usually from Anglican, Irish, or Japanese origin, that has a meaning that fits, or based on my username. Now I am using Marine, Daphne, Aurora, Shizuka, etc.

4. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Poopbutt is my favorite name.

5. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Burai, Strytho, and Jason as of late are my favorite names to use.

6. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    I mostly use Scandinavian names or names of my ancestors. For tributes sake.
    I used to use just random ones prior, but I didn't find it very fun at all.

7. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    There are two names I always use.

The first is Hikari (the name that I have now). It means light in Japanese (and the name of the Japanese version of Simple and Clean from Kingdom Hearts). I just really wanted to use it, since it seemed cool to have.

The other name is Elisa. Mostly because it’s not my real name, but it’s really close to it. I can still feel connected to the game, but at the same time, Internet people don’t have my real name, lol.

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    The most used names in games for me is Alastor and Saito and that's mainly just because a habit to avoid confusing everyone since I used to pick a new name for each game but when I started to play more online that was confusing so I defaulted to a few names to keep it simple.

9. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Vigilance, God, Spartacus, Kommander are all variations I will use in games.

10. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    In any game it'll be Getus, and for multiple characters it'll go Getus plus the roman numeral representing the number of characters i have at that point.

11. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I've grown attached to using Tundraga as the name of my main character in the Dragon Ball Xenoverse. It seems so nice to me. I also love my Pokémon Go username - CuckooClocker - which is the name of a trappable villain in Skylanders Trap Team. When Sony lets people change their PSN usernames, I'm thinking of switching it to that maybe.

12. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    In games like Pokémon and Animal Crossing, I almost always go with either Quince or Caso (my name and nickname respectively). If it's a game where the protagonist(s) have canon names of their own, though, I'll just enter those instead.

13. JustTopaz

Evie
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.5
    I alternate between JustTopaz (online/mobile things) and Topaz (mostly for Pokémon)

I name my Link, Zel... You see when I started Zelda I was small and stupid. And didn't know what link was called. So...I named him Zelda..but I didn't like it. so I shortened it to Zel. I usually have a Link profile and a Zel profile.