1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite thing the classics don't have enough?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Pyrophobic Quilava, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    Everyone loves one thing that you get in the games and you simply don't get enough.

For me is tag battles, more complex story, but ESPECIALLY, exploration. No matter what content they put after the league the game simply... dies for me, with the exception of GSC. Which is funny, because my first experience with GSC was really limiting as I was a kid that didn't know English, got it borrowed from a friend, was forbidden to evolve a cyndaquil to a Quilava in Ecruteak, could only beat the lighthouse besides the gym, and walk around all the surfless area on a bike.

Yet when I learned to play the game couple years later THERE WAS SO MUCH TO DO, at least until I saw Larvitar was just on the end, then it felt empty and lifeless.

The thing for me on Pokémon is the adventure, to go around, have fun. I hate it when the one Pokémon you want is after EVERYTHING. It is like saying "Here is the thing so rare it is worthless for you now!"

I was really pissed on DP when Riolu came really late in the game and I was like: Ok, now I'll have to walk around doing nothing cheering this motherfucker so he can evolve and be useful...? Screw it, I have a fighting type and spent time enough doing this with my beloved crobat.

I don't know, I just find really hard to justify a world so small since 2006, and the anime makes the world be SO PRETTY AND SPECIAL AND INTERESTING, I just want more of that.

What is your thing?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...