1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Version of Mewtwo

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Gazi, Jul 16, 2019.

?

Which is Your Favorite Version of Mewtwo?

1. Games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pokemon Adventures Manga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pokemon the First Movie

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  4. Genesect and the Legend Awakened

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Detective Pikachu

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    There have been a couple of versions of Mewtwo. I've only recently started to actually like Mewtwo as a character, because of the versions that I was looking at. So I'm just curious what everyone's favorite version of Mewtwo is, personality wise.

Me, I really like Mewtwo's personality in the Detective Pikachu movie. Mewtwo was similar to the way they were in the first movie, but not nearly as broody or angsty, because my goodness, Mewtwo was so broody in the first movie. I liked that the Detective Pikachu version of Mewtwo felt not just all powerful, but also kinda all knowing, without thinking that they're better than people or other Pokémon. (I also love that mewtwo's voice is a combination of two voices, a male and a female, which contributes to Mewtwo's nonbinaryness.)

2. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽498.9
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    My favorite is the first movie version because there was a lot of growth and change mewtwo went through which added to the story for me. That and I think he did an awesome job as a villain turned anti-hero.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,947.1
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm not a huge fan of mewtwo, partly because it is such a popular Pokémon, but I enjoyed the way that the mewtwo in genesect was presented. That mewtwo was a good team player and enjoyable to see onscreen. The detective one is a close second though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,100.4
    My favorite would be the one from the first movie. I loved that movie as a kid (still do) so he holds a special place for me. Especially since I really liked the dark, brooding anti-villain archtype as a kid.
    My second favorite would be the Adventures version, which is more feral than normal, but still with motivations and feelings that make it sympathetic. The fact that this one is confirmed as being part human is also interesting in its own right.

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,585.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Isn't the first movie Mewtwo and the Detective Pikachu one the same?

6. Chron

Chron Memegeist Guardian

PokéPoints:
    ₽12.8
    My favorite, as obscure as it is (I haven't seen much of the anime or movies at all), is Mewtwo's Awakened form, later revealing to be Mega Mewtwo Y. The trailer that they did with it and the Tyranitar (I think it was a Ttar) actually got me really hyped for what Gen 6 could have in store, as far as new spins on legendaries goes.
    So I realize now that that had to do with the Genesect movie, but as someone who couldn't care less about the movies or anime, that part didn't mean anything to me, and I just love all the hype and mystery that surrounded this Awakened form going into X and Y.