1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favourite Pokemon in-game side options?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Megarai111, Dec 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I was wondering what in-game side options you guys like most...
    And when I'm talking about in-game side options, I mean stuff like the mall you got to run in B2/W2, the Underground in D/P/P and the (Super) Secret Bases in (O)R/(A)S/E. I guess stuff like the Battle Frontier and the PSS counts as well...
    I myself was a big fan of the Underground in Gen IV and the mall in B2/W2. Both options were so much fun :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I really loved the Pokeathlon in HGSS. It was a lot of fun minigames which I absolutely loved doing because it made me feel closer to my Pokémon, making me want to cheer them on even more!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    The Secret Bases in ORAS are most likely the thing I will spend the most time at. I already loved it in the originals, so I should be able to waste quite some time in the remakes :D Other than that, I really liked the Game Corners... Bring it back.

4. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Oh man, picking one... that'll be difficult...
    In all honesty, I think my favorite thing will probably be the Contests in ORAS. They're so fun to enter, I love it!

5. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I loved the contests, the Underground, and the secret bases! All are great. The PSS is awesome too. =D Pokeathlon was better once I got better at it. xD

6. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I like the contests in Pokémon R/S/E & OR/AS the best! Those were a lot of fun :3

7. Ricken

Ricken

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    The Pokeathlon is a favorite pastime of mine. The different events are so much fun, and it actually gave me so many hours of fun before I knew what EV training and breeding was. The Stamina event was especially my favorite because of one of its exclusive events (I don't remember now). If you haven't, please play the Pokeathlon. Playing the Pokeathlon a lot might just be the best thing that you will do with your life ever.

Pokeathlon is like a religion to me, so yeah :).

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    I loved the Pokeathlon and Pokémon contests in HG/SS and OR/AS. The Pokeathlon was so addicting, and me being one who is a competitive distance runner IRL, I loved watching my Pokémon race their hearts out in the dash event. Those obstacles however were extremely annoying, but the extra challenges were nice. I guess for the Pokeathlon, there were some events I really liked and really didn't like. Things like brick smashing, racing, disc catching, and spring jumping were always so much fun to play. However the pennant capture and goal throw games were VERY frustrating. In the pennant capture, you basically have to flail your stylus and pray that you don't hit any objects. Its so fast paced, that I don't even know if I stole or captured pennants from other Pokémon. Don't even get me started on the goal game, as its very difficult to score a mere 5 points or more if your Pokémon are continually confused and end up scoring points against them due to accidental bumps. However, even with those negatives, I still enjoyed the Pokeathlon a lot and thought it was a nice and unique side option.

As for contests, they kind of speak for themselves. For one they are absolutely beautiful! I love all of the lights and music, there is just so much energy overall. Watching your favorite Pokémon show off its skills and even mega evolve in a contest and strike an amazing appeal is just so much fun! You can even use your camera and have it as the background, and trust me, when you appeal some moves in particular in real life, such as thunderbolt or brave bird, its really funny. Contests are just so much fun to play and really help keep you entertained when not hunting down flags, ev training, hatching, grinding or other tedious things in the game.

9. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Definitely the Pokeathlon in HGSS, I spend so much time there and it was a lot of fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.