1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Filling the Void

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Morgaine, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    "Seeing as everyone is introducing themselves. As some of you already know, my name is Daphne Elderwood. I am 19 years old, from Violet City in Johto, and I am on my way to become a certified breeder and caretaker." The auburn-haired girl waved at the others as she put her plate down next to her. She would clean it later.

"My elder sister is taking over the family business, so I am free to do as I want. When I settled on a career in breeding, my parents agreed, on one condition. I am not allowed to take part in a League conference. Otherwise, I will be disinherited and miss out on a lot of money when my sister takes over. I started my training in the Goldenrod Daycare and Breeding Center about nine years ago. My dream is to own my own Daycare and Breeding center one day." She gave a big smile to Tamariel. It seemed that both of their Fire starters had come from the same place.

"Lucina here was the first Pokémon I raised and hatched on my own after her egg was found on the grounds. We had a rough start and I have a feeling my lungs will never be the same again, but she is my best friend now." The Ninetales laid her head on Daphne's lap wanting to be pet after hearing her name being called. The girl obliged with a happy smile.

"As part of the requirements of my sponsors to take the Breeding Association Test, I have to travel a year in one of the other regions and gain at least five badges with a team to prove I can handle myself. So, here I am." She finished.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    "Wait, you're not allowed to compete in a League Conference?" Arno asked, actually very curious about this. "Why is that? Are you're parents against the league system or something?"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Daphne shook her head at Arno, before explaining what she meant.

"The league is their bread and butter, even if they would steadfastly denying it. My family supplies Johto and most of Kanto with Commercial Pokémon medicine." Daphne turned a bit red at admitting she was on of those spoiled brats.

"Both of my parents are seen as people that try to heal and help out poor and hurt Pokémon. They even donated money to several Ranger Zones. Having a daughter that actively fights would harm the company. Not to mention the dangers that come with constantly being on the road. I am the second heir to my family's business and fortune, not a "common folk"."

4. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    After hearing the introductions, she learnt that Tamariel was hoping to look for his place in the world, Aurik was hoping to be a professor, Arno was to be a performer, and Daphne a breeder. And that Taidana introduced himself as a professor once. So many professions!

So Daphne was of the Elderwood branch, which explained why her name was so familiar, but she did not figure it out until Daphne pointed out that her family sells Pokémon medicine. Having dealt with some of those medications herself, she nodded mutely in understanding.

Quinzel looked towards Phyllis, who shared Daphne's food with the former. Phyllis looked on as Kirie attempted to form a proper introduction for herself, but was more puzzled at the fact that Daphne turned red. But the way Daphne said "common folk" did stir some ire within Kirie, even though said ire wasn't directed at Daphne herself, but just the phrase used.

"I'm sorry to hear about all that, Daphne." Kirie put down her finished and now cleaned plate, as she spoke. She looked at Phyllis and Quinzel, wondering if now was the appropriate time for another introduction, or to let Daphne answer all their questions about her situation. Placating it all with a smile, she waited patiently, for she had no questions to ask. Bored, Quinzel rolled around on the ground around the fireplace, Phyllis running after her. Round and round the garden like a Teddiursa bear they went.

(Whoops, thanks for the reminder!)

5. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    (It's Arno, not Aaron. Though I feel like that was probably auto-correct.)

Arno looked over at Kirie."Well, you're the only one left. Are you fine with telling us about yourself or would you prefer to keep quiet for now?"

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,531.9
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    "Actually she's not the only one left." Tamariel said as he gestured towards Taidana, Zachary and Maru.

Tamariel then turned his attention back to Daphne "Well that explains why your family named sounded so familiar. Kinda funny that our first partner came from the same breeding center, the world sure is small." Mortis had come over and laid down next to his trainer now while he was looking around curiously.

7. CGStryker

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.7
    "I don't really have anything much to say anyways," Zachary said as he came down from his tree.

"I'm from Ecruteak, Johto, I've been training as a ninja a good portion of my life and still learning. I wanna be a trainer, plain and simple," he explained bluntly.

"Spiral here," he went on as he pet the Nincada, "Was an Egg that my Dad found gave to me a long while back. Inseparable since."

8. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    (sorry its been awhile since i've responded, i've been kinda buzy lately. Hopefully that'll change soon!)

Maru looked at the group. She put down Fari next to her lap.

"Oh, oh sorry! I guess its my turn! Well, I want to be a psychic! I might seem kinda young, but i've already met tons of Pokémon! I wanted to come to unova to start get all the badges, and maybe start my own gym. I'm originally from Sinnoh, and I already got one badge there! I think I can help other Pokémon get better if I become a psychic. I also think becoming a psychic will be really cool!"

She paused for a moment as she was still trying to finish all her food. She then looked at Zoe and thought about introducing her partner.

"I found Zoe injured in the woods one day. My parents are both doctors so they were able to heal her up. My parents didn't want to keep her, but Zoe just wouldn't leave haha!" Zoe nuzzled against Maru's neck. "Haha! that tickles!"

"Oh! Also, as a side goal, I would like to meet as many Pokémon as possible!"

9. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Taidana had to admit, they had an interesting group with a good variety of career paths. Although he took a person interest in the up-and-coming Professor, Aurik he believes his name was. 'Who knows, might work with him later on in life.' Realizing it was his turn, Taidana let out a yawn and looked up at the darkened sky, "Well lets see, my name is Taidana Kumo and I'm a former trainer and currently a Professor with a specialization towards the history of Pokémon evolution and origins. My goal in life is to discover the truth about how Pokémon came to be, why they're so compatible with us Humans and how do the legendary Pokémon of myth fit into it all?" Scanning the faces of his companions Taidana gave a small smile, "And I suppose if I can finally complete my journey along the way would be great too."

Suddenly Taidana felt a rumble behind him as Reiji finally returned from whatever mood he was in and dropped onto his stomach allowing his trainer to lean back into him, giving a small grunt of acknowledgement to the group. "I suppose I should introduce my partner, this here is Reiji. Been apart of my team since I was younger, and the last one of my original team left who hasn't retired." Grinning as his thoughts lingered in the past, Taidana continued in a drawl, "Caught him around Petalburg in Hoenn as a simple Slakoth, such a good little Pokémon as well. Didn't bother me and just did as he was told," Reiji gave a half-hearted punch to his trainers back, that even at half strength caused Taidana to wince, "I was kidding!" Taidana responded to his partner's actions with a scowl, before finishing in a whisper to the group, "It's true though, got difficult when he evolved though. Some stupid pride or something."

10. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    As all of this was going on, Kirie smiled politely and acknowledged each and everyone with a variety of goals and careers. She chuckled mildly at Taidana's words. Realising it was her turn, she cleared her throat awkwardly before speaking up.

"I guess I am the only one left for now. Even though I have little to be amounted of myself." Nervous laughter. "My name is Kirie Shimizu, 22 years old. I'm from Fuchsia City in Kanto. I've always had a passion for medicine, hence my goal is to become a doctor or nurse someday, both for humans and Pokémon. Well, after a few years of study and work, I made enough money to come here and start a journey. So here I am." She had purposefully left out a portion of her life which she rather but could never forget, but that would be until ahe knows them much better.

Quinzel stopped rolling around and sat on Kirie's lap, giving a happy yelp. "Ah, Quinzel here was a gift from my fossil collector father in Pewter City when she was a Nidoran. She came to me and never left." The Nidorina gave the group a mock salute, whilst Phyllis, curiously mimicked the actions. It put a smile on Kirie's features.

11. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Well, at least everyone seemed to buy his story about Cloud 9... other than C9 herself, which he wasn't completely surprised about. He tried to forget about that, however, and focused on everyone else. The rest of the people had various career interests, and noticed a few things about the group, the first thing noticing that there are more Johto-born trainers here than anyone else. (I suppose they do travel a lot...) he thought to himself.

Another was that it seemed like... what was it... Taidana? Well, whatever the professor guy said his name was, he currently has the kind of experience that he's looking for. Perhaps it was worth his time to keep an eye on him?

And a few other things to note. Maru wanted to be a Psychic gym leader. He wasn't quite sure what Zachary wanted other than to be a trainer, or if he was even hiding something. Kirie wanted to be a nurse, which was wierd for him to hear considering that the only nurses he's ever heard of were all called Nurse Joy. Same looks and everything for all of them, too. And lastly, after hearing Daphne's excuse about why she can't do the entire league challenge, he accepted it, though he didn't like how it seemed like she labeled him as 'common folk'... even though it's kind of true right now.

"Well... I guess that's every-" He noticed out of the corner of his eye that both his Chespin and the plate he used for spaghetti was gone. "...one... hang on a second, guys..." He stood up and looked around the tree he was sitting at earlier, and found the Chespin had pretty much licked the plate spotless, which had irritated him. Ganjo turned around and found that he got caught. "Now, listen, I understand. That was some pretty good spaghetti. But you know you weren't supposed to have any." He said, taking the plate.

Ganjo was disappointed... that he got caught. That was still some great spaghetti, even if all he tasted was sauce. "I suppose if you're still hungry, I have a couple more bags of food, but I was-" This got Ganjo riled up and jumping at the sound of more food. "OK, OK. I'm getting it now." He goes into his backpack, opens up another bag of Pokémon food and pours it out for him. Being extremely impatient, the Chespin immediately began to eat again.

Aurik returned to the spot he was at and sat down. He turned around and... Ganjo was almost halfway done. Again. "Well... I guess I know where all of my money is gonna go for this journey."

12. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    "Yikes, that Chespin eats like a Snorlax." Arno said. He reached back into his backpack and pulled out the s'more supplies he found earlier.

"Well since everyone seems to be either done or almost done eating, who wants to start making some of these? And for our companions..."

He reached back into his backpack and pulled out a small plastic lunchbox. He opened it up and it was filled with Pokepuffs.

"I made these before heading out to Nuvema. Small warning, they are all the same flavor as I was only planning on making them for Monroe. I didn't realize I would be with a group like this, or that I would already have another Pokémon."

13. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "I am sure that Ganjo will eventually slow down and actually chew his food." Daphne laughed softly behind her hand as she took some stuff from Arno. Looking around Daphne had only one thing left to say.

"Well, it is nice to meet you all! I hope we can get along for the foreseeable time." Daphne smiled from her spot, as she took in all the different trainers that were there with her. Everyone had a different or slightly different goal or dream that they wanted to achieve and the girl was curious to see how their journey would go. Would they end up achieving everything they dreamed off or would they be taken to the limits and have to fight to come even close. Time would tell, but for now, Daphne was content to just sit on the ground and lean back against the tree stump, brushing her Pokémon and having a good time.

-------------------------
    A few days later they reached Accumula Town and Daphne was itching to get a good night's sleep in a normal bed. She still wasn't used to being on the road and she was already longing for the comforts of a warm bed. Some traveler she was.

"Well, I supposed we could split up after booking a room for tonight at the Center, if we want to stay here that long." She half asked, half stated tot he others. Lucina stood next to the auburn haired trainer and waited patiently for the others to respond.

14. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    "Do you mean for good or just to tour around the city?" Arno asked. Monroe was just flying around from rooftop to rooftop, and Cinder was on Arno's shoulder, watching the hyper Gligar.

Monroe ended up on the top of a lamp post, and looked at everyhthing aroung the city from this high point.

15. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Just for now. It seems unpractical to all go to the convenience store to get food or supplies, like medicine or Poké Balls. I mean we are supposed to travel as a group, it would be more logical, at least to me, to split up after we decide what to do, especially if we want to leave quickly. If we book a room at the center for tonight it wouldn't matter as much." Daphne shrugged at Arno. She had no real idea of what the others wanted to do, but all she needed to get was some more food for on the road.

"We all have to go the same way for the foreseeable time, seeing as there is only a single road between the towns. Unless you wish to leave, them I guess the split would be for good." The girl pondered a bit about what they could do.

16. Lunar-Peacle

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Kirie had wanted to get some supplies, but was puzzled at Daphne's idea to split up. Sure, group entry to some places would seem intimidating and unpractical, but they would have common needs to take care of.

"Well I suppose I had better head to the Centre to make a call. I will be back later though."

With that she waved to the group goodbye, as she waited to see if anyone would come along. Making her way there, she hoped she could land a call all the way from Unova to Kanto. The fare would be expensive anyhow.

Staring at the public phone, she gripped the handle tight as she dialed the number, waiting for an answer.

17. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Aurik looked in his bag and saw he had a grand total of 0 bags of Pokémon food... and regular snacks, for that matter. "Well, YOU guys may not have to go to the convenience store, but I do. Ganjo ate everything up on the way here..." He looked to his side at Ganjo and gave him a disappointed stare.

"If I have enough, I'm gonna see if this town sells Xtranseivers. I never got one while living there because I thought I never needed one..... but I suppose that since I'm taking a trip with a group, might as well." He says with a sigh, looking at the Pokémon Center. He remembered that renovations were recently made so that they could fit the Pokemarts inside.

"Guess I'll head inside then. If anyone needs me, I'm probably gonna be in the Pokémon center for a while, sitting on the benches." He follows Kirie inside the Pokémon Center., seeing her trying to start a call, while he goes to the close by Pokemart inside.

"Hey, so I need, like, 12 bags of Pokémon food..." He could tell that the clerk was giving him a judging stare. "Listen buddy, you try having a Pokémon who eats a mountain of food a day."

18. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    "Well, I am going to the convenience store to get some human food... Does anyone have any preferences for what we are going to eat the next couple of days?" Daphne looked around to see if somebody had any ideas, otherwise, she would have to figure it out by herself. Something she wasn't all that keen on. Lucina was barking at her trainer to get Daphne's attention. The trainer rolled her eyes and looked at the fox. Virion was somehow looking at her with pleading eyes. Daphne had a suspicion what this was all about.

"You guys want me to give you more treats? Well, too bad because you ate it all when I was not looking." Scooping up the Squirtle, Daphne dangled the Squirtle upside down briefly before holding him in her arms and tickling him slightly. The squirming Water-type failed to get away in time and submitted quickly to his trainer.

"I do need to get some more supplies to make them. Guess I need to put them on the list too." She sighed softly.

19. CGStryker

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.7
    "I guess I'll go with you," Zachary offered, "I need to grab a few supplies as well."

20. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Dragging at the back of the group, Taidana listened in to their conversation while keeping an eye on their surroundings. Humming to himself, Taidana began to drag himself towards the Pokémon Centre while raising his hand in a waving gesture to the group, "I'm going to get Reiji and Pyro checked out, haven't had the proper chance since I arrived in Unova." Scratching his chin as he walked, Taidana let a small smirk appear on his face, 'This also gives me the perfect excuse to relax for a while before leaving. Now if only we were in Nacrene City, heard there was a good chance of research there with the museum.' Leaving those thoughts behind as he entered the Centre, he noticed Kirie at the call booth causing him to blink in confusion, 'When did she leave the group? I wasn't that slow.. Right?' His pondering continued until a cough broke him out of the train of thought.

Glancing up, Taidana stared blankly at the Nurse Joy who was giving him a slight impatient look. Smiling in embarrassment, he held out the two Pokéballs in his possession, "Sorry. I just need these two checked out, just a routine check up." Getting an acknowledgement from her, Taidana dragged himself over to the seating area and collapsed onto one of the seats before giving off soft snores, already entering dreamland.