1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up
  1. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    We are in a futuristic world where virtual reality games were improved so much that you could live in them. The newly released Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game is a great success so far. Many games were sold all over the world. The virtual reality system seems so real that it literally immerses you into the aventure...

~~~~~~~~

Name: Kelly
    Species: Dewott
    Ability: Torrent
    Moves: Water Gun, Fury Cutter, Rock Smash, Double Team
    Special trait: Her shells are pearly
    Personality: While Kelly is stoic and introverted most if the time, when you know her a little better, she begins to show more interest. Her reactions really depend on the situation she’s in: she can handle something big but panic over a little thing, control her emotions pretty well but freak out, get mad or burst into tears when she reach her breaking point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Name: Ethan
    Species: Ralts
    Ability: Synchronize
    Moves: Confusion, Draning Kiss, Heal pulse, Magical leaf
    Accessories - Special trait: Ethan prefers to wear a small green scarf wraped around his neck.
    Personality: Ethan was never one for beating around the bush, he's usually very direct. He was never one for leading others, usually following others instructions. He's not really optimistic, nor pessimistic, he prefers to take a more realistic approach to things. But sadly, he never works well under pressure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Kelly was so excited. She was sure the game she bought arrived today.
    ...At least she hoped so. It was the newest Pokémon game; she couldn’t miss that! And it was on the advanced virtual reality console!
    She finally got home. And... it was here! She couldn’t help but screaming "Yesss!" out loud.
    Kelly ran into her room, inserted the game in the console and put on all the material needed. "There we go!" she thought as she turned it on.
    She went through the beginning cutscene. There was a test, as always, but for some reason she didn’t get to choose which Pokémon she was gonna be. It was a bit weird, but it was probably gonna happen later, she thought.

Kelly woke up near a town. There was nobody around. "Well, this game is getting interesting. Am I a Pokémon yet?"
    She looked at her hands. They were black paws now. That was even weirder. Did she miss the choosing Pokémon option? She looked at her feet. Nothing really identifiable. But she was standing on two legs and had blue fur. And... wait, were those shells?
    "Now think, which Pokémon has two shells, stands on two legs and is blue...?"
    "...Dewott?" But... wasn’t that an evolved Pokémon? She was even more curious now.
    The probably-Dewott headed for the town. Maybe she just had to find the NPC that would explain all this.

#3 Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  4. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Ethan couldn't wait to get home. He finally mannaged to save up enough money to buy the newest Pokémon game.
    Once he got home, he immediately ran up the stairs to his bedroom, inserted the game into the console, and put on his head set. He laid down on his bed, and turned the game on.
    He went through the beginning game standards. Answering a couple of questions that the game asks, things like that. He noticed that he didn't get to choose a Pokémon, but he assumed that he would have to complete a tutorial first or something before choosing. Once he finished the standard game procedures, his vision faded into white.

Once his vision cleared, he realised he woke up somewhere close to the town. "Huh, I guess thats the town I'll be working in."
    Before he could take a step towards the town, he fell face first onto the ground.
    When he pushed himself back up, he noticed that his arm were milky white.
    "That's strange, does the game automatically choose what I become based on the questions?" He asked himself while looking himself over. "Judging by how small I am, and how my whole body seems to be the color white, I'm probably a ralts."
    Once he got used to walking properly, he began making his way towards the town.

#4 Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  5. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    As Kelly was approaching the town, she saw an Oddish, a Rockruff and an Axew nearby. "Probably NPCs," she thought. "Let's go ask them about all this."
    However as she came closer, she noticed that they were acting... kinda weird.
    The Oddish was standing still, staring into space; the Rockruff was running in circles and the Axew was looking down, its head in its hands.
    The Odddish didn't move when she shook her hand in front of it. When she touched the Axew though, the question she was gonna ask vanished as the Pokémon raised its head and looked at her in the eyes. Its expression was so intense and yet indecipherable.
    "Hum... Are you okay?" Kelly whispered. The Axew didn't answer.
    "So, huh... I'll leave you guys alone, I... think?" she added as she slowly moved away from them.

It appeared that everyone in this town had gone crazy. Kelly was really wondering if it'd be better to quit the game, but her curiosity made her stay. Maybe all of this was intended after all.
    In her search, she found a Ralts who looked kinda lost; as if it was looking for something. She decided to go ask this one and came nearer.
    "Hum.... hi?"

6. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Once Ethan finally made it to the town, the first thing he noticed was how weird the NPCs were acting. At first, he thought everything was normal. That the NPCs were in trouble and he, as the player, had to fix everything. But the more he walked through town, the weirder things got. At first, it looked like all the NPCs were staring into the distance, lost in thought. But now some of them seemed like they were freaking out, some of them were even running around.

"... What the heck is going on?" Ethan asked himself.

But before he could continue looking around, he heard a voice coming from behind him. "Hum... hi?"

Ethan quickly turned around, coming face-to-face with what appeared to be a dewott, if he remembered his Pokémon correctly. He thought this was probably an NPC that started his mandatory quest to begin his adventures.

"Oh, hi." Ethan greeted the dewott. "I've noticed that the people around town seem to be in distress, do you know whats goin on?"

7. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    "I have no idea," she answered.
    What a weird thing for a NPC to ask. She couldn't tell where this story was going.
    "Why aren’t you freaking out like everyone else?"

8. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "What do you mean, 'like everyone else'." He asked the dewott. "I just got to this town, I thought you would know what happened to everyone."

That was a stranger thing to ask, even for an NPC. He assumed this was a weird part of the story line.

"So wait, are you telling me you don't know what's going on either?" Ethan asked.

9. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    "Huh... yes. I just got here too."
    What a weird conversation. That Ralts seemed like a very special NPC.
    "And I’m an evolved Pokémon for some reason..." she added, muttering for herself.
    "Don’t you know this town’s name at least?" she then asked the NPC.

10. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "....." Ethan was speechless. The way this dewott spoke made him feel uneasy. The way it referred to itself being an evolved Pokémon, was not normal NPC behavior. Something wasn't right, but he decided to answer the dewotts question anyway.

"No, I don't know the name of this town." He answered. "This might be a wierd question to ask, but does the letters NPC mean anything to you?"

Ethan knew there was no way this person was human, since this game was supposed to be single character. But for some reason he just couldn't shake off this uneasyness he felt, towards this dewott.

11. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    What.
    Kelly stared at her interlocutor. She heard it right. Was this Ralts... not an NPC? In a single player game? The heck?
    Kelly decided to just ask:
    "...Yes. Are you just fourth wall breaking or is this game even weirder than I thought...?"
    She was kinda hoping that the Ralts would be another player. Resolving this mess with another human being would be nicer. But there was no way...

#11 Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  12. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    'This... isn't alright' He thought to himself.

He just stared at the person in front of him. He was confused to how there was another player in this game, The game specifically said 'single player game'. There was no way there was online connectivity in this game.

"No... I'm not just some fourth wall breaking character. I'm... a player. But last time I checked, this was supposed to be a single player game." He told the dewott. "How are you even here? I don't think this was supposed to be possible."

13. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    So yes. The Ralts was, indeed, a human being. Which seemed as confused as her.
    "Well, me neither! I dunno if this game is broken but this is indeed really weird. Maybe we got a glitchy one and that’s why all this town’s NPCs have gone crazy?"
    She didn’t any other possible reason. Why the heck would a game said for one player have two players? And how the heck would that even work?

14. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "Maybe. That would explain why the other NPCs are acting all weird." He agreed. "Well, I'm gonna log out. I'm gonna have to contact the developers to see if they can fix this."

Ethan than proceeded to open the game menu and attempt to log out, but... something didn't seem right.

"Huh, where is it?" He asked himself, looking for the 'log out' option to go back to reality. "Where's the log out option? It should be here, but I can't find it!"

15. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    "What?"
    Oh boy, Another problem. Great. Kelly opened the menu herself. There was indeed no log out button.
    "Oh god what... If we can’t log out... we’re..."
    No. She couldn’t say it. It was impossible.
    "Come on, there’s gotta be something somewhere... the heck..."
    She fell down and took her head in her hands... well, paws now.
    "I can’t believe it... We’re freaking stuck..."

16. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    After searching in the menu for who knows how long, he began to freak out.

"This can't be happening... this can't be happening." He muttered to himself, walking back and forward in an attempt to calm himself down. "There has to be a way out, there just has to be."

Once he started to calm down a little, he tried to think of possible ways to get out.

"Maybe... this is a temporary bug? Maybe it will just go away after a while, and we'll be able to go back?" He asked to both himself and the dewott. "What do you think? Any ideas?"

17. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    The Ralts' voice pulled Kelly out of the shell of panic she was into. A temporay bug... Yes. I had to be. Now that she had a hope, even the smallest one, she was sticking with it.
    "What do you think? Any ideas?" asked Ralts.
    "I... I really hope it's temporary..." she sighed. "So we’ll have to check regularly. In the meantime... oh, I don’t even know your name! It’ll be nicer to know each other’s if we’re gonna stay together a bit, don’t you think?"
    "I’m Kelly. You?"

18. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Kelly. Now that was a name he hasn't heard in a long time.

"I'm Ethan." He replied. "It's nice having someone to talk to right about now. If I was alone, I would've probably started freaking out."

Ethan didn't like how he was currently stuck in the game. Deep down, he was still panicking, but he was doing his best to not let it show. He opened his menu again to check if the 'log out' option came back, but after finding out that it has still yet to return, he quickly closed the menu.

"What do you think we should do?" He asked Kelly.

#18 Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  19. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    The Ralts’ name was Ethan. She better not forget it.
    "It's nice having someone to talk to right about now," he said. "If I was alone, I would've probably started freaking out."
    "Haha, me too." Kelly replied.
    Indeed, without someone else to be with, she couldn’t have survived.
    Could you die in this game? You weren’t supposed to. What if dying let them out? It was scary though. Maybe if the option to feel pain was off... She opened her menu to check. It was on. She tried putting it off.
    She couldn’t.
    Kelly blanched as she realized what it meant.
    "What do you think we should do?" asked Ethan.
    "We... we have a problem." she answered. "The ‘pain’ option is blocked on ‘yes’."

20. Barandofl

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    "The 'pain' option is blocked on 'yes'." Kelly stated.

'Wait. Did I hear that right?' Ethan though to himself.

He immediately opened the menu, and checked for himelf. And just like Kelly said, the 'pain' option was set to 'yes'. When he tried to change the setting, it would just stay the same. This was gonna be a problem.

"Oh... this isn't alright." Ethan said out loud. "First, we're stuck in a videogame, and the next think you know we're stuck with the option to feel every little injury we'll receive." He let out a loud sigh. "Can this possibly get any wierder."