1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Go for it then run for it!

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by Thunder, Sep 3, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    This is a one on one RP between me and @[member="Astralogy"], or as I call him The Astrologer, for the LV Buddy Event, it is about stealing etc.​
    Here are our characters.​
    Thunder's Character
    RP Name: James "Thunder" Banks
    Pokémon: Haxorus
    Pokémon Nickname: Drake
    Appearance: He has scruffy brown hair, he usually wears black hoodies and ripped jeans. He is growing a moustache and beard, he has pale skin.
    Other: ...
    @[member="Astralogy"] 's Character​
    RP name: Sinon Steel
    Pokémon: Absol
    Pokémon nickname: Destiny
    Appearance: He has short, black hair, and a darker skin tone. He has very sensitive eyes, so he always has to wear dark-shaded glasses. He's taller than average, and has a has a necklace with a small crucifix on it, which he believes brings him luck. He likes to wear black clothes, so he can stay invisible in the shadows.
    Others: Not really I guess
    I guess I'll start then...​
    The boy ran through the grass, it was a nice and tall field, enough to cover him from people who walked past, he was definitely hidden, he crept up to the house and looked through the windows, no one was there. He broke the glass with his elbow and, he entered the house and wiped the blood off with some tissue he found in the room. He tiptoed around and looked for something valuable, he slowly walked upstairs and he heard something that almost made him fall, snoring, lots of it so people were home, just asleep, good enough. He looked round the house, no other rooms, which means no kids, which means all valuable stuff will be in the room they're sleeping in, " FOR GOD SAKES! ", realising he had just said that aloud and that he'd woke them up, he tiptoed into the bathroom and waited, he pushed the door open a bit, two people came out, man and woman, he waited for them to turn their backs and then he burst out the door and he kicked them both in ankles, they wouldn't be able to walk, this kid was strong, he ran into their room and pocketed all the jewellery, wallets, purses, everything. He had to be quick they couldn't walk but they'd have a phone with them surely, too annoy his friends, well enemies, the police, he called them and gave them the address he was at, chuckling as he went, he jumped downstairs and pushed the front door open. Now, this is a sight no thief would want to see unless they have so much skill that they can outrun 10 police cars but now, the kid was stuck there and he frowned as an officer spoke.​
    " James "Thunder" Banks, you are under arrest for your 55th robbery in this city. You will have 23 years in jail unless you accept an offer that I doubt you will refuse", James was slight confused but got into the car and and waited as they drove.​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Despite having been a thief for over 15 years, this was Sinon's first time in a police station. Judging on the location alone, this was a pretty nice place to be. The lights were dimmed, just how he liked it. Too much light and his eyes would burn away in an instant. Stupid super-sensitive eyes ruining my life, Sinon thought to himself. Then again, the sensitivity for light did come paired with really good night vision, which couldn't have been more useful in his profession. Sinon looked further through the room. Not like there was much to see, anyway, just a table, a few chairs, and a large mirror. Probably one of those fake ones, that are actually a see-through glass from the other side. A single lamp was hanging on the ceiling, slowly swinging from left to right. He closed his eyes, leaned backwards on his chair, and held his crucifix necklace in one hand. "Seriously, I don't understand why I got caught. Why did my luck wear off this time?"

Suddenly, the door slammed open, and a police officer brought a second guy in. Sinon quickly analysed him with a quick look. Ripped jeans, half-beard and 'stache, that look on his face... Most likely a thief, just like him. The officer told the new guy to sit down next to Sinon, and took seat himself on the other side of the table. "Banks, you're no new face to us. We know you better than anyone else here, so we know what we're dealing with. Don't try to play any of your tricks on us, if you don't want to get in even more trouble." The officer turned his head to Sinon, "You, however... The infamous 'Black Devil', as we call you. The one who could never be caught, who always somehow found his way out of trouble. You could be very valuable to us..." With the word valuable, Sinon's interests were activated. This was going to be fun...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    James sat down, "Ahh so this is the Black Devil, must say that I was hoping my inspiration would be a bit more "man-like", I mean surely you can't be a national threat like me, you look like a woman!", James bursted with laughter but the officer slapped him and he stopped.
    "Shut up, stupid boy. Anyway, you two are the best thieves in this region and we have a job for you", James was intrigued and the officer continued, "A man, known as Howard Greenfield, has stolen the Diamond of Iron Island from Sinnoh, this was discovered recently and must be retrieved, our job requires too amazing thieves, like you, to go to his base and do what you do best, you in?".
    James smiled and said, "Did you just compliment me? Of course I'm in, as long as my record is cleared, what do you think about that?". The officer smiled and handed James a piece of paper, it was is file, completely clean. James laughed and then nodded, "Okay then. I'll get ready, you can stay and talk to the woman, hahahaah!", James left, while leaving he stole an officer's wallet, "Ta ta, you know where I live contact me later".

4. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Sinon shook his head. Such an overactive guy, he thought to himself, it's unthinkable how he could be considered a great thief. Always jumping to conclusions before considering the other possibilities. "If you want me to put up with that guy, you'd better give me something good in return. He may be satisfied with a simple cleaning of his track record, but since I don't have one to begin with, that's not going to work for me." The officer nodded, knowing that negotiating with the Black Devil was no easy job. "Whatever you wish for, we will provide it. We'll do anything to get that diamond back." Sinon smiled upon hearing the desperation in the officer's voice. He was definitely nervous, perhaps even scared, to have this talk with him. What's there to be scared of though, he thought. I never intend to harm anyone unless strictly necessary, and he never got into a dangerous rage. Staying calm was the reason why Sinon Steel was mysteriously dubbed "The Black Devil". He always took time to organize things, plan ahead of time, analyse the situation before making a decision.

"I'll come to claim my reward after I retrieve that diamond of yours, that's how the deal should be made. But I'll need something for the mission, however, that you will have to provide me of." The officer only nodded. Sinon was clearly dominating the conversation, changing their roles completely. "You said the diamond is in Sinnoh, right? Well, that place is full of Pokémon trainers. I know that my partner in crime wouldn't have any problem with knocking them all out by fist, but I'm not like that." He paused for a moment. "I demand that you give us both a Pokémon to carry with us, one that's trained well, is powerful, and will surely obey us. Only under that condition will I help you." The officer hastily nodded and stood up. "Of course, mister Steel. I'll go find Pokémon for both of you right away!"

5. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    James stopped working, "Wait did you say Pokémon?", James was intrigued and pushed past Sinon and kicked the officer, "If mine is not a Haxorus, I will personally get a knife, stab your dirty little **** and cut it open! I have a history with Haxorus!", he pushed Sinon away as he muttered, "Black Devil, more like black pile of ****!".
    James returned to his small apartment, he got some bacon, some sausages and some ham, he shaped the ham and bacon into a circle, which would cover the sausages, like a bed of people. Just because he was thief doesn't mean he could be creative! He waited and waited for some officers to arrive.

6. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Sinon helped the officer back up again. It was something he had to get used to now too, but for the first time in his life, the police was on their side. They weren't the enemy, but rather their friend. A key element that James clearly forgot. "I'd like an Absol. I'm sure that won't be too big of a deal to you. Then I assume tomorrow will be the departure?" The officer, again, could only nod. "Hey, could someone please give me a ride back home? I didn't exactly expect to end up all the way over here, and I'd like to go back to my girlfriend for the night. I have a lot to explain to her..." The officer agreed, and soon afterwards, they arrived at Sinon's house. For someone who had to fall back on criminal activities to get his stuff, he had a pretty impressive house. The front yard was taken care of well, a sign that those who lived there cared about their appearance to the outside world. You wouldn't think one of the world's most skillful criminals would live there.

Sinon explained everything in detail to his girlfriend. Although she was worried at first, thinking that it might be a trap from the police just to catch him, he managed to convince her not to worry too much. They went to sleep soon afterwards, their last night together for what might be a very long time.

7. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    James threw his bag around his neck, it was a satchel bag, full of clothes, food and others. He got on a train and gave his ticket to the ticket master, presuming Sinon would be here soon, he ordered two cups of coffe and two continental breakfasts, it was 11am, James had got a letter with details of where to go, a ticket and he had a Pokéball in his pocket, Sinon must've had the same letter with a different Pokémon in hos Pokéball, James had decided to name his Haxorus Drake, his father's name, he'd lost his whole family and he loved his dad the most, this was the reason he wanted Haxorus so badly so he could name it and treat it like his dad. The waiter came by and served the food and drinks, James sipped his coffee, the train would leave soon, where was Sinon?

8. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    As he stuffed a quick sandwich in his mouth, Sinon ran out to catch the train. If there's one thing he hated, it has to be deadlines. He knew the train was about to leave, but he could still make it if he took all the shortcuts. Luckily, years of quick escapes and close getaways caused him to know the entire city by heart, including every little back alley. With his still unopened Pokéball in his pocket, he ran to the train station. He knew exactly which train to take, so he could immediately run the right way, passing other people left and right. Right as the train doors started to close, Sinon managed to get himself inside. He straightened his jacket, black as always, and looked for his partner.

9. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    James had just got up to go for a wee when Sinon came down, he was looking around, most likely for him, James put his hand up, calling Sinon over, "I was getting worried, even though I am good, no doubt about it, I'll need some help on this one. You opened your Pokéball yet? I would wait until we arrive to open it if you haven't already, I haven't opened it yet but I'm just curious, I also need to ask you something, you are, actually, were my inspiration, until I saw what you really are it changed my point of view, I want to ask... What do you think of me? If we're gonna do this we have to be on the same page and trust each other so tell me, what am I too you, from what you've seen so far I must come across as a reckless *****, right?"

10. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Sinon smiled, and got down in his chair. "Of course you're reckless, you've been caught too many times to even keep track of. It's like you don't even care about what you're doing. You're unprepared, jumpy, impulsive, and most of all, you're reckless..." He paused for a moment, and looked out of the window. "but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. Because I can do the thinking work, while you're assisting me where brute force is needed. We may be complete opposites, but if we can work together well, this should be a short and successful mission. Which I want to have that way, as I have a girlfriend at home waiting for me, you know?"

They stayed silent for a bit, until Sinon remembered something from earlier. "You said you used to see me as an inspiration, right? Then why don't you think the same way about it anymore, now that you've met me? What made you change your opinion about me?"

11. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    James almost laughed, he didn't know himself, "Maybe it;s because I pictured you differently, you're the notorious "Black Devil", as the cops say but I always pictured you tu be an outlaw, like me but you, you have a great house and, I'm guessing, a great girlfriend who respects and supports your occupation, I always thought you were like an amazing version of me and that I'd become older and be just like you but meeting you, the clothes you wore and the stuff you said, it told me that you were completely different! I'm sure we'll retrieve this diamond and work well but if you'll excuse me, I need the loo so you just have your coffee and breakfast!"

12. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    While James walked away, Sinon looked out of the window again. "Like it was my choice to end up in the criminal circuit.", he mumbled to himself, "I'm just doing this for her, you know..." He noticed a tall mountain, presumably Mt. Conoret, which meant Sinnoh had to be closeby. Sinon ate his breakfast, drank his coffee, and waited for James to return. It took him a really long time to get back, he noticed. Maybe he lost the way and ended up in the other side of the train. Or perhaps he got stuck in the toilets. Sinon snickered, and looked outside again. The sun was rising, which meant he'd have to be careful for the sun again. Usually he just stayed inside during the day, but this would have to be an exception.

13. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    James came out of the toilet and gazed in awe as the sun rose over Mt. Conoret, he kept looking and walking down the aisle, he was so in awe-inspired by the sun he tripped onto the floor of the train, he stood up again and was confused when the sun was suddenly gone and the moon rose, it was still beautiful but it was strange. He walked back to Sinon and said, "Did you notice the sun, I tripped for one second and when I stood up it was a moon!", James could tell Sinon was puzzled, he obviously didn't believe him and thought he was crazy, James shook his head and sighed, he kept looking outside, wondering what'd happened.

14. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    "James, I don't have time for this nonsense. Look outside, it's clearly still daytime. I don't know what you're talking about, but you're probably just imagining things." When Sinon looked outside through the window, he saw the trees go by slower and slower. "The train must be close to arriving. We'd better get our stuff together, our adventure is about to begin." They both grabbed their belongings, and when the train had come to a stop, they got out. This new and unknown environment would only make their mission more difficult, Sinon noticed. They didn't even know where to go from here.

15. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Sinon was right, they had arrived, James quickly gulped down the rest of his coffee and left, as they walked out the door they were astounded, so many people walking side by side with creatures of all shapes and sizes! James was astonished! They walked past the busy crowd and got into the main building, they looked for the Private Limo sign and it pointed right, they walked right and left a few times until they found the Limo Pick-up, they're limo was a navy blue, presumably a limo painted by the SPD, Sinnoh Police Department. James ducked and got in, he huffed and puffed, out of breath from such a long time in the train, he looked at the driver who was waiting for Sinon to get his luggage into the boot and realised something, the back of the driver's neck had a tattoo saying "I serve Lord HG", now this could mean anything but the fact that someone with this unlikely tattoo should be driving the car that James and Sinon were supposed to be in didn't seem to be a coincidence. "I'm just gonna go help my friend", James got out the car and went to Sinon who was trying to push his suitcase into the boot, "Sinon, listen. We can't go in this car, the driver works for Greenfield, the one who stole the diamond, I don't believe in coincidences, there's no way this just happened we're gonna be killed as soon as we both get in, we need to knock him out, thankfully he doesn't know where we're staying so when he awakes and we're gone he'll have no idea where we are,you get it?".

16. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Sinon sighed. "Like I hadn't already noticed. But why do you suggest knocking him out? Are you perhaps... Scared, of that man?" Sinon grinned, much to James' disliking. "Look, we have no idea where Greenfield is, nor the diamond. We're in an unknown region with no clue on what way is right or wrong. This man right here is the only one who could bring us a step closer into the right direction, and you find knocking him out the best possible option? Then what are we going to do?" He got into the car and waited for his partner to join as well. He never said that James wasn't right. This man probably did intend to kill them. But many people wanted to kill Sinon, and nobody had ever succeeded. So why should this man?

17. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    James sighed but joined Sinon in the car, it was obvious he'd have endure this more so he'd have to get used to it. James was shivering as he got into the car, he had a knife in his hand, his hand was quivering with fear. The driver spoke and Sinon spoke, it was all muffled to James he was too focused on the tattoo.
    They drove a few hours, it seemed they were in some mountain entrance, presumable Mt. Conoret. The driver and Sinon spoke again, this time James listened, "Here's your stop", Sinon pretended to be surprised, "Yep, this is the stop where I murder your ass!". The driver took out a knife, James had no idea what to do, Sinon was outside with the driver and James was still in the car. Without thinking, James leaned over into the front and threw the knife at the driver's leg, he shouted in agony, he clutched his leg and fell to the floor. James looked at Sinon and said, "Well... I didn't knock him out, did I?".

18. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    "And there goes are only chance at staying incognito." Sinon was not too happy with James' sudden attack, but whatever. It happened, and that's that. Change of plan, new ideas. "Okay, James. Next time, please wait for a sign of me before you attack someone. Also..." He looked at James as he got out of the car, "Get it together dude, stop shaking on your legs like that." He didn't wait for his reaction, but instead headed into the cave. Everything was pitch black in here, allowing Sinon to take off his shaded glasses. In dark areas such as this, he was at the greatest possible advantage. Not even ten seconds into the cave and he heard James falling on the floor. A wide vocabulary of curse words emerged from his mouth, but Sinon immediately told him to stop. "Do you really want to ruin everything? Shut your trap, or we might as well place giant neon lights above us saying 'WE ARE HERE!'" Sinon kept climbing over rocks, stopping to help James, and continuing again. There had to be something here, otherwise that man wouldn't have lead us here, right?

19. Thunder

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    (Wait, you know I didn't kill him right? I threw the knife at his leg and he'd be the one who was shaking, unless you were implying that I was scared, which makes sense)
    James swore as he fell over, he got his phone out and shone the torch. He scanned the area, there were markings everywhere, "This bit of the mountain is nowhere on the map, it's like a secr- wait! This has to be the reason of the recent landslides, I read on the train, it said there'd been a few, what if this gang had just made this hole, this is their hideout!". James buttoned up his jacket and clutched his Pokéball.

As they walked further, the cave became narrow, his phone was still shining but it stopped when the battery went out. James heard footsteps, assuming Sinon had heard it too, he crouched down, waiting for Sinon to do the same but Sinon didn't hear the steps, they got closer and now they were too late, a big man with tattoos shone a torch at them, James fell back and tumbled down the stones, his head throbbing with pain. Sinon was alone but he could do nothing, he looked at his Pokéball and threw it, "Haxorus, Dragon Breath!", the Pokémon shrieked and breathed a purple substance at the big man, the man took out his own Pokéball and out came a large, angry and a very strong, Rhyperior.

20. Halcyon Storm

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Sinon grabbed his own Pokéball, and threw it on the ground in front of them. A smile appeared on his face as he watched how his very own Absol emerged from it. It's been way too long, he said to himself. Sinon quickly let the crufixic on his necklace slide through his hand, and then pointed at the Rypherior: "Absol, use Dark Pulse!" The Disaster Pokémon obeyed, and a black aura was released from him, hitting the Rypherior hard. The opponent flinched, immediately giving Sinon another chance to attack: "All right Absol, let's see if we can finish this up, use Zen Headbutt!" Absol's horn started to glow with a pink aura, as he rushed toward the Rypherior and attacked him. The Rypherior was launched backwards, nearly landing on top of the heavily tattooed man.

The man called back his Pokémon, forced to admit defeat. He tried turn around and get away, but Sinon had already blocked his path. He was confused by how he got all the way on his other side that quickly, but Sinon didn't let it bother him. "Listen big guy, I'm assuming you aren't just strolling around here for no reason. How about you tell me, let's see, everything you know. Does that sound like a decent plan to you? I sure hope it does." The man looked over his shoulder, but Absol was standing there, growling at him. There was no way he'd get away, so he had little choice but to tell them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.