1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Graphics

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Now, we all know that graphics aren't what make a game good, but we DO spend the entire time we're playing staring at them. So with that in mind, what sort of visuals do you prefer in video games? Are you a fan of the ultra-realistic visuals that push the hardware to its uppermost limits, a more cartoony cel-shaded style, or maybe a sprite-based approach? Which game has your favourite visuals to date?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,366.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I don't mind any of them, but I really prefer the cel-shaded toony graphics presented in games like A Hat in Time or Wind Waker instead of graphics in Twilight Princess or the like. The simple designs are bright and easy to remember, as well as easy to draw when I feel like doodling something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    In My opinion, graphics are one of the least important parts of a good game, unless the graphics detract from the core gameplay. For example, I dont mind a retro game if the graphics aren't that great (super Mario world for example). Games like the old Crash Bandicoot series had graphics that took away from the gameplay. My favorite game graphically had to be Star Wars Battlefront (the newer one). That game is gorgeous.

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Graphics ain't the most important thing to me but I do appreciate the games that have good graphics so it does make them more pleasing to look at. Unless the game is just all graphic and no real gameplay or story I enjoy then is just meh, same goes for games with lesser graphics really. If it got a story and gameplay I really like and enjoy I rare ever care what it looks like.

5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I like cute-styled games! Examples are Animal Crossing, MapleStory, and Fantasy Life....they make me want to play them just to stare at the artwork haha. Graphic styles like these are what pull me into getting the game to begin with.

Wasn't a fan of realistic-styled graphics before but after getting into FFXIV (not too realistic, but still way more realistic than anything I have played) that has changed. Currently trying out World of Warcraft also, which years ago I would have never assumed I'd do haha. I'm a lot more open to trying them out even if it's not my preferred style nowadays, thanks to XIV. =)

6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I like graphical styles that combine semi-realistic character proportions with colorful visuals. Two examples are Breath of the Wild and Skyward Sword.

7. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I honestly don't care about graphics. My rule is this: If the game is fun, then that's the most important part. However, I do prefer cartoony style graphics like in Super Bomberman R, or the Kirby series as a whole.

8. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Unless the graphics physically hurt my eyes I could care less honestly. Some old school 8 and 16 bit styles are honestly super pleasing to me.

9. ChaosFox

ChaosFox Swimmer

Sparkles
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽333.1
    I have to admit I like old school graphic games like older computer games and Nintendo and Super Nintendo graphics. That being said I prefer game play to graphics like given the option between Tem Tem (wich I have not played but watched game play of) and the more indie games of Monster Sanctuary and Disc Creatures on steam I would rather play the other two. Mostly as I feel like those two have more interesting mechanics then Tem Tem does (and both are cheaper),

Of course this is just how I am I mean I do have Endless Sky as one of my featured games on steam so.