1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gym Leader Tryouts

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Ryan, Sep 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Quin

Mr. Quin Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Timezone: Central Standard Time
    Availability:
    Mon-Fri: Typically 4-11pm
    Sat-Sun: Typically all day

2. Waterford123

Waterford123 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Time Zone: Eastern
    Type Steel: Mega Scizor (Signature Pokémon), Heatran, Excadrill, Empleon, Ferrothorn, Aegislash

Availability: Friday: 6:00 pm-8 pm Saturday: 1:00pm -8pm Sunday:12:00pm-8:00pm

3. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    It sucks to see my favorite type (Ghost) already taken, but eh. Beggers cant be choosers.

Timezone: EST

Im usually only available between 12:00 PM and 2:30 PM during the weekdays for Showdown. Hopefully, by Christmas, I can be available more often.

However, I m gonna be around Lake Valor a lot more often.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MankeyToTheFace

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I would like to try out for the spot! I can get on any day of the week (*except Sunday) at about 8 P.M. Central Time. I love competitive battling!
    -MankeyToTheFace

5. guimartgon

guimartgon Competitive Blog Writer

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Update: Even though I got pummeled by Crocune and then I missplayed heavily I recieve The Fifth Whisperer's approval 2/5!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mega)Natsu Luxray

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    Zona Horaria (Venezuela)
    Estoy ACTIVO del los sabados y domingos desde la 13:00 Hasta 08:00 o 21:00 y de lunes a viernes desde las 14:00 Hasta las 17:00
    Tipo de Gimnasio: Planta, Hada
    Nick: Mega) Natsu Luxray

7. guimartgon

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    ^Is posting in spanish normal around here? I mean I know spanish since I'm a spaniard and what not...
    4/5 Gym Tryouts done and hopefully passed, missing only Karzarill but apparently he is not feeling too great at the moment :[.
    PS: I've seen the gym badges, they look sweet, was the art done by the Gym Leaders, found online or made by an artist in the forum?

8. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    No its not, as we have a rule for using excessive of other languages, so they should be aware of that.

Also, remember that this thread is only for signing up and asking questions about signing up. Not for discussing your progress with the try outs, which would be better suited in a status update or blog. Still, I wish you the greatest of hope to succeed in your quest to become a gym leader. Note that being a good battler alone is not the only key quality to become a gym leader, you must also be a kind and active member on the forums as well. :)

The Gym badges were all custom made by @[member="Deltheor"]. You can thank him for that, as it was all his hard work!

9. Nero-Hishiro823

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Alright, let's do this.
    Time Zone: PST
    Availability: 6-9 p.m., Monday-Thursday, 6 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Saturday-Sunday.

10. Tyranitaco

Tyranitaco Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    CST Chicago Time Zone
    I don't really have a schedule what with me borrowing somebody's laptop currently, so my availability is kinda crazy, but Saturday/Sunday nights about 8-10 are always free unless something randomly pops up

11. Tyranitaco

Tyranitaco Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Just took a look at the gym badges. I know I probably won't become a gym leader (at least not with that attitude), but I WOULD be a Fighting Type Gym Leader, and I'm like "There's already a badge OMG!"

12. dragoniestro

dragoniestro Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    timezone: utc: -4:30 (Venezuela).
    avaible: monday-thursday: 3:00pm-4:30pm. friday-sunday 2:00pm-5:00pm
    Type: Ice-flying.

Mega)Natsu Luxray likes this.
  13. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    I'll be trying out.
    Time Zone: EST (UTC - 5:00)
    Availability: Monday thru Thursday is 5:00 pm to 12:00 am (varies)
    Friday and Saturday is 12:00 pm to 3:00 am (varies)
    Sunday is 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm (varies)

14. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    I'd like to try out as well.
    Time Zone: CST (UTC -6:00)
    Available: Mostly on the Weekdays, I work two jobs so weekends are out of the question and weekday shifts are at random. I would need to check my schedule for exact times per week.

15. TrainerMika250

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I want to go for dragon gym I read the rules and I would love to be part of the league. ^^

16. VivillonLove

VivillonLove Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I might not have said this yet, but I'd like to be a Fighting leader if possible.
    Two Quick Questions: Do we do our battles here or on Showdown? And when are the tryouts?

17. Wraitheon1

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Timezone: I think it's DST Adelaide
    Availability: Most weekends and after school from 4pm-10pm

I just have a couple questions,
    1. Do we need to have a competitive team ready or can our tryouts be on hold until we have a team?
    and 2. Do we stick with the same teams that we tryout with for all of the battles or can we change in between challengers?
    Just asking these questions as I currently have a new competitive team in the works and I want to use that one instead of one of my older ones (as those ones are kinda shit)

18. guimartgon

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    @VivillionLove we battle in the LV S! Server. To have a tryout battle just pm the leaders to try to come up with a time to meet. You can also find most of us just doing our thing in the server, if that's the case feel free to message us on showdown asking for a tryout battle ^^
    @[member="Wraitheon1"] Try out battles will continue until all 8 leaders have been selected, so until then you have all the time you want to prepare your team, keep in mind that there aren't many spots left!
    I'm pretty sure you can change teams from 1 leader to another for try out battles. You might not be able to do so once try outs end and people start challenging leaders for their medals ^^

19. DarkZorro13

DarkZorro13 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I'm available anywhere from 5-8 PM on weekdays and 8-10 AM and 4-8 PM on Weekends.
    I'm looking forward to the challenge ahead.
    ~DZ13

20. guimartgon

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    *RELEVANT TO ALL COMPETITORS*
    Tryouts are now on hold due to Showdown being down. They will be back on full swing once this issue has been fixed.
    Thanks for your comprehension and we're sorry for any inconvenience this could have caused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.