1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Hoenn: Garden Edition

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by RegionRunner150, Jun 18, 2018.

1. RegionRunner150

RegionRunner150 PKMN Breeder

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Leaf Stone ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Hey guys, while I was writing up my Medal Rally monotypes (which I'll probably continue) I thought about actually doing the Ultimate Monotype Challenge, which consists of playing through an entire region's worth of games (so for me Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald) with each possible monotype team. I will be doing the classic GBA games for all except for Fairy (and maybe Steel) which I'll do using AS. So this is more or less just a starting point for my Pokémon Sapphire Grass Monotype.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mandriel likes this.
  2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,523.4
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    That sounds pretty hard. I wish you good luck!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Ok so I'm gonna update this journal after every major event in the game, and the bullet points are just side notes for me to track down.

[Entry 1: Freshly Planted]

• Started on my journey with the name Grove (yes they'll all be puns)
    • ID number is 54773
    • Caught Treecko, and it was a female so I named her Mary Jane
    • Battled May and won (of course)
    • Caught a Zigzagoon HM Slave named Fertilizer
    • Encountered a Ralts before finding a Lotad
    • Caught a Lotad and named him Elodea after a common genus of water weeds.

4. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Ok guys I'm gonna start using Trainer Cards to show team progress like this.

pt. 1 grove.png
    (No Cilan is NOT what my character looks like, I just wanted to use him cause he's a Grass-Type Gym Leader)

#4 Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Good luck! Grass Pokémon have a ton of weaknesses, but I'm sure you'll be able to pull through! :D

6. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Today was kinda slow due to having to go errand shopping but it's all good now.For those of you wondering I'm not going to transfer in a Seedot to use for Shiftry because I only want to use what the game gives me. besides I can use Cacnea for my Dark-Type anyhow.

I would also like to remind you that this is NOT a MONOLOCKE, its simply a monotype playthrough.

[Entry 2: Budding]
    • Levelled up Elodea and Mary Jane to Level 9 ( I officially hate early game grinding)
    • Met with my dad and did the catching tutorial thing
    • Solid Snake'd my way around that Rich Boy and made it to Petalburg Woods
    • Caught a Shroomish I named Arugala (yes I misspelled it in game)
    • CRAP I FORGOT ABOUT THE RICH BOY ON MY WAY OUT
    • Levelled up Arugala (man I feel like an idiot) to Level 9
    • While Kept running into Tailow and Wingull while grinding (which literally have the lowest encounter rates in the game)
    • While grinding I realized I'm gonna have to beat Flannery, and Winona (not that big of a deal tbh) and Glacia. (aw crap)
    • Took down my first Team Aqua Grunt (the slaughter of water-type teams begins.)
    That's where I'll end this for now. See you guys on my next entry.
    Grove pt2.png

#6 Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  7. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Thankfully I'll have a lot of type diversity thanks to secondary types (like Ludicolo taking care of Fire types and Tropius dealing with Bug Types)

Mandriel likes this.
  8. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    So here's a quickie before I head to sleep. This is up till the Rustboro Gym because I have plans with people so I cut my playtime short.
    • Breezed through the Petalburg Woods
    • Got the Bullet Seed TM (Oh god who do I give it to?)
    • I ended up giving it to Elodea, kinda by accident but eh
    • Got the Wailmer Pail (cause Wynaut)
    • Went through that bridge section and into Rustboro City, home of my first Gym badge.
    • Went to the nearby Routes (mainly Route 116) to power up my Pokémon and got them all to Level 13
    • Went to challenge Roxanne
    • ELODEA EVOLVED INTO A LOMBRE IN THE FIRST FIGHT WOOHOO
    • Used Shroomish to take down the second Gym Trainer and beat him (suprise suprise)
    • Challenged Roxanne with Mary Jane only
    • Beat both of her Pokémon just by spamming Absorb
    • Note: Nosepass has a surprisingly high Special Defense Stat, he took 5 Absorbs to go down

That's all I have the time for, cya tomorrow with another update!

Grove.png

Attached Files:

#8 Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  9. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    While Writing up the last journal entry I thought it would be cool if I came up with a name for each type playthrough. Sooo introducing Pokémon SAPPHIRE: GARDEN EDITION *slow claps* yes there will be puns

10. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Another update (thx insomnia) in which I had some good ideas. 2 of them.

I'm gonna post the stat information of my Pokémon when I catch them so I'll do it for the three team members I have so far.

Mary Jane
    Bashful Nature
    Overgrow Ability

Elodea
    Quirky Nature
    Swift Swim Ability

Arugala
    Adamant Nature
    Effect Spore Ability

I'm gonna catch every single Pokémon of the 'monotype' possible (which means I'm not doing Seedot) but everyone else is on the table.Here's the checklist I will be using

1. Treecko
    2. Grovyle
    3. Sceptile
    4. Lotad
    5. Lombre
    6. Ludicolo
    7. Shroomish
    8. Breloom
    9. Oddish
    10. Gloom
    11. Vileplume
    12. Bellossom
    13. Roselia
    14. Cacnea
    15. Cacturne
    16. Lileep
    17. Cradily
    18. Tropius

so 18 Pokémon to catch (yes I will be obtaining them all, though I'll probably be doing evolutions of Pokémon I'm not using in the post-game. Slash-marks indicate I've captured them.

Now..hopefully to get some sleep. I'll use some Pokémon for good luck

11. Haunted Ditto

Ditto
    (Ditto)
    Level 28
    PokéPoints:
    ₽775.5
    Oran Berry ★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    Good luck with your adventure

12. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Thank you very much

13. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Alright Entry 4 lads and lasses!

• These names are getting harder and harder to come up with js
    • Got out of Rustboro City and decided to quickly grab all my necessary items before moving on with the story.
    • As soon as I got out, a Team Aqua Grunt ran from the Devon Corporation building...eh that can wait.
    • Grabbed a Quick Claw and gave it to Arugala (the name's growing on me ngl)
    • Got HM01 Cut and gave it to Fertilizer
    • Decided to go back and beat all the Trainers I skipped in my quest to get to Rustboro.
    • MARY JANE EVOLVED INTO GROVYLE AND LEARNED PURSUIT AND FURY CUTTER
    • Went to Petalburg Woods and cut down the trees near the exit, getting a Miracle Seed
    • Gave the Miracle Seed to Mary Jane (she is the only Pure Grass type after all)
    • Carried on towards Route 116 and found out that Team Aqua stole plans from some Devon Corp. guy.
    • Followed the Team Aqua goon to Rusturf Tunnel and took him down.
    • Fun fact, I didn't know Peeko was a Wingull the first time I played this game, and I thought it was his kid, so when I saw it was a Wingull I laughed in an airport terminal for 2 minutes straight.
    • Returned the Devon Goods back to their rightful owner, who gave me a Great Ball
    • Got sent on a errand boy assignment to deliver some letter. but I got a Pokenav!!!
    • Met up with Mr.Briney (whose Wingull I saved.) He took me to Dewford Town and thus the Garden Grows.In Dewford Town I got a Silk Scarf (not sure who to give that to), Old Rod
    • Sooo in Dewford Town ya know how there's that "name fanatic" house. Well the RING words they've created is "AMUSING COLLECTION" I thought that was great​
    Ok I'm done. Now to play another game, but this one's hard on purpose (shhh its Dark Souls)
    Grove 1.png

#13 Jun 20, 2018
  14. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Entry 5 baby!

• I really need to start thinking about better names for these entries
    • Got through Granite Cave (its honestly the lamest dungeon ever)
    • Delivered the Letter to Steven Stone in Dewford Town
    • He gave me the TM for Steel Wing, not sure who to give it to (Tropius)
    • After delivering the Letter, I went to Rustboro City again and got an EXP Share.
    • Decided to level my team up to Level 17 before signing off for the night.

Welllllll guysss that's all I'm gonna put up tonight since I'm hanging out with friends tomorrow early in the morn.'

Grove 1.png

#14 Jun 20, 2018
  15. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Alright guys Entry 6, hopefully with a better name Probably not

• Yep the names aren't getting better
    • With the team at Level 17 across the board I headed for the Dewford City Gym
    • It's dark as crap in here, I forgot about this
    • This Gym is a lot tougher than I remember
    • Taking on Brawly, wish me luck
    • soooo.... I lost the fight, but cause this ain't a Nuzlocke I refuse to let this be the end. I swear to Arceus that you will pay.

Before I wrap this up, I wanted to see if anyone else always has trouble with the 2nd Gym in each game. Like they've always unreasonably difficult imo.

16. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Sooo after the Brawley incident from the last entry, I decided to off and do some grinding

• Went from Dewford to Slateport City to do give something to a Museum in town, and maybe I'll get some levels along the way.
    • Got some Soft Sand that I may give to a Pokémon who can learn a Ground-Type move later down the line
    • ONE OF THE TUBER GIRLS HAS A ZIGZAGOON THAT KNOWS SURF THIS NOT OKAY!!!!
    • Even though there is a Name Changer in Slateport, I think I'm gonna keep Arugala's name misspelled, for posterity's sake.
    • New Team Member:

Arnoldii
    Jolly Nature
    Chlorophyll Ability​
    • Got Arnoldii caught up with the rest of the team. Hopefully he can be the ace in the hole against Brawly thanks to Poison Type resistances.
    • While I'm up in Slateport, might as well go and deliver those Devon Goods
    • I highkey forgot that there's like 50 Team Aqua Grunts waiting in line outside the Museum and I've been laughing for like a minute at how ridiculous it looks. Like just imagine 10 Pirates going "we're gonna raid this museum"
    • And now I find out that the guy I'm supposed to deliver the Devon Goods to is IN THE MUSEUM.
    • These ladies are making me pay an entrance fee to save their a**es. pardon my French, or should I say Kalos?
    • Holy crap I never knew that there was a Team Aqua Grunt that gave you the TM for Thief in the Museum, he's right in the center.
    • Found the guy (named Captain Stern) only to get ganked by two Aqua goons
    • Made short work of them (Arnoldii showing off his strength in his first Trainer Battle)
    • Successfully delivered the Devon Goods, but not before meeting the captain of Team Aqua Archie, at least I'm assuming he's there captain considering he has a unique sprite.
    • Now its time for revenge.
    Well guys that'll be it for today...I'm coming for you Brawly.

Grove 2.png

17. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Let's do this. My mind and body have been preparing for this fight ( in case you couldn't tell, this is like the first time I've ever lost to a Gym Leader this badly like I barely made a dent in his Machop)

So let's take this guy down.

• Arrived back in Dewford Town with a Level 18 Oddish, Level 19 Lombre and Grovyle and a Level 20 Shroomish.
    • The plan is to lead in with Elodea and use that Fake Out to get in a free hit and get in as much damage as possible to Machop so I can get him out of the way, leaving me with 3 Pokémon to deal with Makuhita (cause I'm expecting Elodea to not be in tip-top shape)
    • Elodea fainted against Machop, so Mary Jane picked up the K.O
    • Throwing out Arugala, hoping that Leech Seed can give me some extra damage in battle
    • Arugala's Effect Spore kicked in, sending Makuhita to sleep instead of giving him a status that would've powered him up thanks to Guts
    • CRAP HE WOKE UP IN LIKE 1 TURN AND USED ARM THRUST AGAIN NOW HE'S PARALYZED AND BUFFED AGHHH
    • Makuhita thankfully been getting affected by the paralysis too much to not damage me, though he has landed like 3 Sand Attacks.
    • I BEAT HIM WITH A CRITICAL HIT MEGA DRAIN. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    • Got the Knuckle Badge and am ready to put this behind me (Oh how in the name of Arceus am I gonna beat Flannery like this?)
    • Now its time to proceed with our journey
    • There's this weirdo on Route 110 calling himself the Trick Master, and it leads into some sort of challenge room.
    • Cleared the room with minimal effort, or reward for that matter (I mean seriously I got mail!?!?!?!)
    • I got a Rare Candy after completing the Trick House, and used it on Arnoldii who was Level 20
    • ARNOLDII EVOLVED INTO GLOOM!!

I'll leave it like this so I can head to the pictures with my dad (we're gonna see Jurassic World)
    Grove 3.png

Mandriel likes this.
  18. RegionRunner150

All of You
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.5
    Alright everybody Entry 8, I wasn't able to do stuff yesterday because the website was being stupid. So here we go.

• Get it cause we're exploring
    • Fought my Rival May on Route 110 and made quick work of her team, getting the Itemfinder as a reward.
    • Ran to Mauville City, beating every Trainer along the way.
    • SHROOMISH EVOLVED INTO A BRELOOM!!!
    • Made it to Mauville where I found my old friend Wally, and beat him
    • Caught myself a new team-member, probably not going to use her but could still be useful.

• Booquet
      Adamant Nature
      Natural Cure Ability​

I had to take a break right now because I've been job searching and wanted to prioritize it, so I might not have as much time to play, but I'll get back to this ASAP.