1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Hoenn Horror Show Second Attempt (COMPLETE)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Captain Comet, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    MULLIGAN!!

Alright, Brawly beat the crap out of me before. But now I'm going at it again! I will not only get revenge on Brawly, but I will hopefully make it MUCH farther than Dewford this time! Wish me luck!

Anyway, Kenny will be returning as my starter Pokémon. This time he has a Gentle nature.

Went up through Route 101 and Oldale Town and had my first rival battle! Her Treecko wasn't that hard to handle since all used was Pound.
    Now back to the lab for the Pokédex and my first Pokeballs!

I purposely didn't run through the grass on Route 101 so I could catch the scripted hidden Poochyena that knows Fire Fang, and it worked! The Poochyena was my first encounter! Since I got Pokeballs from May at least.

And so, Kodak makes his triumphant return with a new move. Wait never mind it's a girl. So after a small bit of research about Hyena specie, I named her Aardwolf. Her Ability is Run Away and she has a Careful nature.

Continued up to Oldale Town where I healed up Aardwolf, then went up to Route 103 to catch another Pokémon; this time a female Zigzagoon! Coonie returns as well! She still has Gluttony as her Ability, but a Serious nature this time.

I'm going to just run around a bit in Route 102 avoiding the grass to see if I can get a Ralts or Surskit on the DexNav.

And I somehow got a Surskit fairly quickly. And it has Fell Stinger! It's a boy and I'm naming him Pondo. He has the Ability Swift Swim (his only normal ability), a Brave nature, and is holding a Honey. Now I'm heading back to Oldale real quick to heal him, then will continue on battling the trainers on this route.

Holy crap in Pondo's first battle he utterly destroyed a Youngster's Poochyena. Too bad Taillow was the next one sent out or I wouldve kept him in.

Made it to Petalburg! Okay, I think I'm done for today. See you all tomorrow!

Kenny (male)
    Level 7
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Gentle
    Moves: Water Gun, Tackle, Growl

Aardwolf (female)
    Level 6
    Ability: Run Away
    Nature: Careful
    Moves: Fire Fang, Howl

Coonie (female)
    Level 6
    Ability: Gluttony
    Nature Serious
    Moves: Tackle, Growl, Tail Whip

Pondo (male)
    Level 6
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Nature: Brave
    Moves: Fell Stinger, Quick Attack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  2. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Never mind! Looks like I'll be doing a bit more today in Hoenn!

First off, I had a nice little chat with my father and helped Wally catch his Ralts! I know he's probably going to wreck me later with it, though.

Anyway, after that I'm off to Route 104! And that means a new Pokémon!

A Hidden Pokémon appeared! I wear I wasn't waiting for one this time. It's a Wingull! I'm probably going to drop it in the box soon, but it'll probably help a lot against Roxanne and my nemesis Brawly (although it is still weak to Roxann'e Rock-types...) AND IT'S CAUGHT!! It's a female though, so sadly Pip will not be returning... I'm naming her Gully instead. She has a Lonely nature.

ONWARD TO PETALBURG WOODS!!!

Once inside said woods, I fought the first Bug Catcher off to the east and a Hidden Pokémon appeared. It was a Slakoth! I managed to catch it, but it did take two Pokeballs. I named her Lazy Lisa. I ventured through a bit more and wound up protecting a Devon researcher from a Team Magma Grunt (cowardly nerd...). Unfortunately, this resulted in my first casualty of the playthrough, due to me miscalculating how much damage would be dealt after his Poochyena raised it's Attack with Howl. And so, I lost the rarest Pokémon on my team; Pondo the Surskit. You will be dearly missed.

Kenny (male)
    Level 7
    Moves: Water Gun, Tackle, Growl

Aardwolf (female)
    Level 7
    Moves: Fire Fang, Howl, Sand Attack

Coonie (female)
    Level 7
    Nature: Serious
    Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Growl, Sand Attack

Gully (female)
    Level 7
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Lonely
    Moves: Water Gun, Supersonic, Growl

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 6
    Ability: Truant
    Nature: Impish
    Moves: Scratch, Yawn, Encore

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at Level 6

3. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    And I'm back it at!

So today I finished up in Petalburg Woods and made it to Rustboro City! I stopped at the berry place along the way and got the Wailmer Pale. I restocked my Potions in Rustboro, got HM01 for Cut and gave the move to Lisa, then went ahead to Route 116 for another Pokémon. Once again, I waited for a Hidden Pokémon to appear, this time a Nincada. I know that it's fairly common here, but I jut REALLY didn't want or need another Normal-type. I feel like exploiting the DexNav like this is sort of cheating at this point. I promise I won't do that for the next few areas!

Anyway, I DID eventually find and catch a Nincada, but he was preceded by a BUNCH of Skitty and Taillow, for some reason. I named him Noisy because cicadas are REALLY loud and noisy in real life. Trust me, I live where they live. Then continued through the route battling all the trainers. A Lass' Marill gave me a bit of trouble because of it's HP and Rollout, but luckily nobody died.

After battling everyone I can, I headed back to Rustboro to heal up and take on the Gym, rather than going ahead to Rusturf Tunnel.

The Gym Trainers were no problem, but Roxanne did pose a bit of a challenge: Kenny almost died because I misclicked when I tried to heal him, and Gully has unfortunately left us. But, I still beat her and obtained the Stone Badge and TM39 for Rock Tomb. I gave the move to Kenny for some extra coverage.

After leaving the gym, a Team Magma Grunt went running over toward Rusturf Tunnel. I went along with that sidequest after healing my Pokémon and putting Gully in the graveyard. I purposely used a Repel in the tunnel so I can try and get a Geodude later, rather than a Whismur now.

The Grunt's Poochyena gave me a bit more trouble than it should have. Almost killed several of my Pokémon. Although part of that was paranoia on my part about not knowing whether or not some of my Mon's will outspeed it.

And that's it for today. See you tomorrow!

Kenny (male)
    Level 13
    Moves: Water Gun, Mud-Slap, Rock Tomb, Tackle
    Item: Quick Claw

Aardwolf (female)
    Level 11
    Moves: Bite, Fire Fang, Sand Attack, Howl
    Item: None

Coonie (female)
    Level 11
    Moves: Headbutt, Tackle, Tail Whip, Sand Attack

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 11
    Moves: Scratch, Cut, Yawn, Slack Off

Noisy (female)
    Level 10
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    Nature: Naughty
    Moves: Leech Life, Sand Attack, Scratch, Harden

Pondo the Male Surskit
    Died at Level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at Level 10

#3 Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  4. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    HELLO AGAIN!

After the getting back the Devon Parts and Peeko, I followed the Devon worker and had a nice chat with President Stone. He gave me the BuzzNav and a letter to deliver to Steven in Dewford Town.

I backtracked through Route 4 and Petalburg Woods, rebattling trainers along the way, and sailed off to Dewford with Mr. Briney and Peeko. Once there, I got the Old Rod and fished up a Magikarp. Joy. But it's already Level 15, so at least it won't be dead weight for too long. I named him Floop because I was having a naming block.

I put Coonie in the PC and went ahead to Granite Cave to catch another Pokémon; hopefully a Zubat because I didn't have ANYTHING to counter Brawly's Gym with, as well as two Pokémon weak to Fighting. I mean, I had Nincada, who resists Fighting and has good Defense, but he only had Scratch and Leech Life to deal damage with.

Anyway, I luckily did get a Zubat. I swear it was by complete chance this time; no waiting for Hidden Pokémon. Also it's a female, so Batsy has returned to us as well!

So this time, I'm going to be smart and get Batsy up to level 13 BEFORE taking on the gym so she learns Wing Attack. Luckily, the rematch-able trainers in the AreaNav actually recharge fairly quickly.

So now that Batsy has Wing Attack, it's time to go sweep the gym!

The Gym Trainers didn't really give me any problems, nor was Brawly himself. MY REDEMPTION IS SUCCESSFUL!!!

I got the Knuckle Badge and TM08 for Bulk Up. Slakoth is the only one on my team that can learn Bulk Up, and I kind of likew what she has at the moment.

Anyway, that'll be it for today. Bye!

Kenny (male)
    Level 15
    Moves: Water Gun, Mud-Slap, Rock Tomb, Tackle

Aardwolf (female)
    Level 13
    Moves: Bite, Fire Fang, Howl, Odor Sleuth

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 12
    Moves: Scratch, Cut, Slack Off, Yawn
    Item: Silk Scarf

Noisy (male)
    Level 13
    Moves: Leech Life, Sand Attack, Scratch, Fury Swipes

Floop (male)
    Level 15
    Nature: Sassy
    Moves: Tackle, Splash

Batsy (female)
    Level 14
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Moves: Wing Attack, Bite, Leech Life, Supersonic

Coonie (female)
    Level 11

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at Level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at Level 10

5. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Once again, never mind! Here's a little quicky post!

After my TREMENDOUS redemption against Brawly last time, it is now time for me to head deeper into Granite Cave and deliver Steven the letter I originally came to this itty-bitty island to for.

After chatting with Steven and giving him the letter, I was given TM51 for Steel Wing. I gave it to Batsy - the only one on my current team who can learn it - in place of Leech Life. Then I headed out of the cave.

Apparently I'm President Stone's errand boy now. He told Mr. Briney to tell me to go deliver the Devon Parts I got earlier to some dude in Slateport City. At least I love that place...

Anyway, I went and cleared out the trainers on the beach before venturing into the city. Unfortunately, Floop died against the first one I battled; Sailor Huey and his Machop. But I also get a new Pokémon here, so I whipped out my rod and went fishing. And guess what? I got another Magikarp! And this one is only level 10! Terrific!

Wait, I just realized that all of my Pokémon that have died so far are Water-type...

Anyway, I decided to catch her anyway just so I have her. I named her Floop 2.0.

KENNY EVOLVED!!! He got to Level 16 versing Tuber Ricky and his Zigzagoon. This marks my first evolution in this playthrough!

Anyway, that'll be it for this little post. See you tomorrow!

Kenny (male)
    Level 16
    Moves: Water Gun, Mud Shot, Rock Tomb, Tackle

Aardwolf (female)
    Level 13
    Moves: Bite, Fire Fang, Howl, Odor Sleuth

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 13
    Moves: Scratch, Cut, Slack Off, Yawn

Noisy (male)
    Level 13

Level 15
    Moves: Wing Attack, Steel WIng, Bite, Supersonic

Coonie (female)
    Level 11

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10
    Moves: Splash

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at Level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at Level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at Level 15

6. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Welcome back!

So today I went and cleared the Seashore House on Route 119. It was somewhat challenging, and I unfortunately lost Aardwolf to Beauty Johanna's Goldeen. She will be dearly missed.

After Aardwolf's burial in the PC, I went to Stern's Shipyard to go deliver the Devon Parts to Captain Sern. But some desk jockey told me he was over at the Oceanic Museum, so I went over there. I found him on the second floor and gave the parts to him, but our ensuing conversation was interrupted by a couple of Team Magma Grunts. I fought them both, which wasn't really a challenge, and then Maxie appeared. He explained what Team Magma's mindset and goals were, but apparently I'm just too young to comprehend it, according to him. He left with a warning to not stand in their way. Like hell I'm going to do that.

Anyway, Captain Stern thanked me and went back to the shipyard. I was going to head up to Route 110, but was interrupted by some big gathering in front of the Contest Hall. I went and joined the crowd to see what was happening. Everyone was watching some bubbly, showy chick and her Altaria. I fell in love instantly. She said she was donig something called "Lisia's Contest Spectacular Scouting" or something like that. I couldn't really here her too well over the look of her pretty face. She walked around the fringes of the crowd, and then spotted me from a few feet away. She came up to me and commented on my look. I didn't really know what the heck was going on, and was flustered by her cuteness on top of that, and my face must have shown both. She pulled me out of the crowd and asked for my name. I meekly said it to her, and she announced it to everyone along with saying that this would be the next big chapter in my life. She gave me a Contest Pass so I could participate in the Contest Spectaculars, as well as a PokeBlock Kit to make candies for my Pokémon and raise them for Contests as well as battles. She went inside and the crowd dispersed, some following her. I followed as well, curious about the contests, as well as her.

I saw her inside and she thanked me for playing along, said I would love the Contest Spectaculars, and asked me if I would try one for her. Obviously, I couldn't say no to that. So I went up to the desk and she came to me. We went to the dressing rooms so she could talk to me without a crowd around us. She said I was actually the 100th trainer she's scouted for the contests. That was a bit of a let-down... But then she said it was fate and that she thinks I'm the trainer she's been looking for this whole time! Me! Some preteen who just moved here from Johto! She gave me a costume and asked if I would wear this on stage. I agreed, then went to a dressing room to change.

When I was done, I came out to show her how it looked on me, and she commented on how cool I looked. She said she was really excited for my first contest and she was going to be cheering for me. I left the dressing rooms to actually ENTER the contest, trying hard not to blush on the way out, or at least not to let her see me blush.

I entered the Coolness Contest with Batsy, and absolutely loved it! Even though I barely got an applause in the Introduction Round, the Talent Round was exhilarating! I only got second place, but I still loved the experience! Lisia brought me back the dressing rooms for some words of encouragement and gave me a Lum Berry to make a PokeBlock with! We parted ways for now, but on my way out I was stopped by someone. She said she loved my costume and gave me a Pikachu with a matching costume. I named her Jessica.

Oh I just realized I wrote three paragraphs about Lisia...

Anyway, I put Jessica in the PC, then went out to Route 110 to catch a Pokémon on the way to Mauville City. A Minun! I named her Ion. She's also holding a Cell Battery.

Well due to the novel I wrote about Lisia, this post is pretty long. I'm goign to end here for today, but like yesterday I might add another later tonight.

Oh yeah I also renamed Noisy to Noisy Boy.

Kenny (male)
    Level 17

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 15
    Moves: Scratch, Cut, Yawn, Feint Attack

Noisy Boy (male)
    Level 15

Batsy (female)
    Level 15
    Moves: Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Bite, Supersonic
    Item: Soothe Bell

Ion (female)
    Level 12
    Ability: Minus
    Nature: Mild
    Moves: Spark, Quick Attack, Helping Hand, Encore

Level 11

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (female)
    Level 20
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    Nature: Naive
    Moves: Electro Ball, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Meteor Mash

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at Level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at Level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at Level 15

Aardwolf the female Poochyena
    Died at Level 13

#6 Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  7. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    And again, another late-night post!

I started up Route 110 and did the Trick House. Simple enough. I goy two Lava Cookies, which are useful but I will be able to get from Lavaridge Town later anyway. I also got TM12 for Taunt and an Expert Belt. Only Lisa can learn Taunt right now, so I might give it to her later. I gave the Expert Belt to Noisy Boy mainly for later when he gets better moves.

I then went through the eastern side of Route 103 and fought the trainers there. Fairly simple for the most part, except both Lisa and Noisy Boy almost died on the same turn due to Twin Amy and Liv and their Plusle and Minun. They both used Swift, and somehow both got a critical hit on Lisa. Nobody died though, luckily.

Back on Route 110, I headed toward Mauville City.

LAZY LISA EVOLVED! She got to Level 18 versing Youngster Timmy's Poochyena! She actually got a crit and one-shot it. This marks evolution number 2 for this playthrough!

And just a few yards later, I run in to May and FINALLY battle her again! Ion took down her Wailmer - which was three levels higher than her - all by herself!

After the battle, she healed me and gave me the Dowsing Machine!

I battled one more trainer, being Colletor Edwin, then decided to call it a night. Good night!

Kenny (male)
    Level 18

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 18
    Ability: Vital Spirit

Noisy Boy (male)
    Level 18
    Item: Expert Belt

Batsy (female)
    Level 18
    Moves: Wing Attack, Steel Wing, Bite, Confuse Ray

Ion (female)
    Level 16
    Moves: Spark, Swift, Quick Attack, Encore

Level 11

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

COSPLAY PIKACHU
    Jessica (female)
    Level 20

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at Level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at Level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at Level 15

Died at Level 13

8. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    So today's been a good one.

First off, I made it to Mauville City! And immediately, I see Wally talking with his uncle about challenging the gym. He runs off toward it with his uncle trying to stop him. I ran into them later in front of the gym while I was exploring the city. Now his uncle was trying to talk him down from challenging the gym so quickly, with Wally convinced he could do it. He wanted to battle me to prove a point, so I complied.

His Ralts wasn't really that much of a challenge, and he got sad for a second because of it. Then he realized how one gains strength like me, and went home to Verdanturf Town. His uncle thanked me for my help afterward and gave me HM06 for Rock Smash, which I gave to Kenny.

After that, I went through Route 117 to fight the trainers.

NOISY BOY EVOLVED!!! He got to Level 20 versing Pokémon Breeder Lidia's Goldeen. Subsequently, this means I also got a Shedinja! I'll head back to Slateport later and name them Husk. Evolution number 3!

And my encounter for a route is... A ROSELIA!! I actually could use a Grass-type, so this is acceptable. I named him Thorn and replaced Husk for the time being with him.

I went to Verdanturf Town and helped a little girl find her lost Shroomish. She gave me some weird stone as a reward. I also went and attempted a Coolness Contest at the Contest Hall Here. I used Noisy Boy and came in last, unfortunately. But I tried again with Ion and won my first contest with her! The woman at the desk told me someone wanted to talk to me in the green room, so I headed over there and was greeted by Lisia!

She congratulated me on my first victory and hoped to see me continue on and aim for the big leagues! I most certainly will if my Pokémon don't all die!

Anyway, I headed back to Mauville and got an Acro Bike from Rydel, then went to take on the gym! I also bought the TM40 for Aerial Ace.

BATSY EVOLVED!! She got to Level 22 versing Guitarist Kirk's Electrike. Evolution number 4! She'll probably evolve again soon, as she's been holding a Soothe Bell for a while to boost her friendship.

The trainers weren't that hard, and now it's time for Wattson!

He actually wasn't really a challenge either. Kenny destroyed everything he had. He gave me the Dynamo Badge and TM72 for Volt Switch.

I'll post this now, though I'll probably have more to post tonight.

Kenny (male)
    Level 20
    Moves: Water Gun, Mud Shot, Rock Tomb, Rock Smash

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 19

Noisy Boy (male)
    Level 20
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Moves: Fury Cutter, Aerial Ace, Fury Swipes, Double Team

Batsy (female)
    Level 22

Ion (female)
    Level 19
    Moves: Electro Ball, Spark, Swift, Quick Attack

Thorn (male)
    Level 19
    Ability: Poison Point
    Nature: Lax
    Moves: Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Poison Sting

Coonie (female)
    Level 11

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

Husk (genderless)
    Level 20
    Ability: Wonder Guard

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

9. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    LATE NIGHT POST AGAIN WOOT WOOT!!!

After obtaining the Dynamo Badge and gaining the ability to use Rock Smash outside of battle, I wen back to Verdanturf to open up the Rusturf Tunnel. Some dude, overjoyed that I opened up the way, gave me an Aggronite. Not that I'll ever use it because I don't have an Aron, but it's the thought that counts. I also got that Geodude I mentioned I would try to get earlier instead of a Whismur. I named her Gertrude.

I went on through to Rustboro and got President Stone to reveal that the cool-looking stone that girl gave me for finding her Shroomish was actually a Pidgeotite! Too bad Pidgeot isn't native to Hoenn...

While back in Western Hoenn, I decided to go check on all my berries there.

I went in a circle, sailing back to Slateport with Mr. Briney. I finally officially named my Shedinja Husk, and went ahead to tend to some berries on the western side of Route 103. But before I did that, I went ahead and did the Super Rank of the Coolness Contest with Ion. We destroyed the other competitors.

And Lisia came to congratulate me again! She was so happy I made it this far! She was just saying how many fans I'll have when someone came in saying they'll never be my fan. Lisia calls him Chaz, and he says he's her one and only rival?! DON'T YOU COCKBLOCK ME YOU PRIVILAGED FUCBOI!!!

Ahem... sorry for my language there...

Anyway, this "Chaz" guy says he and Lisia are the most famous rivals in the contest world. They even debuted in Lilycove together and made a promise to always try their best to win! At the top of the lighthouse! LIGHTHOUSES ARE ONE OF THE MOST ROMANTIC PLACES YOU CAN GO!!

At least Lisia is trying to keep the peace. She apologizes for him and says she's not interested in being rivals with him! YES!!!

Oh my god I'm writing a teen romance novel.

So um... I just leave it there for tonight...

Kenny (male)
    Level 20
    Moves: Water Gun, Mud Shot, Rock Tomb, Rock Smash

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 19

Noisy Boy (male)
    Level 20
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Moves: Fury Cutter, Aerial Ace, Fury Swipes, Double Team

Batsy (female)
    Level 22

Ion (female)
    Level 19
    Moves: Electro Ball, Spark, Swift, Quick Attack

Thorn (male)
    Level 20
    Moves: Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Poison Sting

Coonie (female)
    Level 11

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

Husk (genderless)
    Level 20

Gertrude (female)
    Level 14
    Ability: Sturdy
    Moves: Mud Sport, Rock Polish, Rollout, Magnitude

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

10. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    WEEKEND!!!!

I did the second room of the Trick Room. Wasn't really a challenge, and I got a Hard Stone out of it.

I then went back to Mauville to continue where I needed to go, and bought TM09 for Venoshock while I was there. I taught the move to Thorn.

I started up through Route 111, praying that I didn't run into a Geodude smashing the rocks that were blocking the way. My prayers were heard.

I skipped out on the Winstrate Family for now, as I didn't want to take the risk.

I battled all the other trainers though. They were easy for the most part, but Lisa did almost die to Camper Travis' Sandshrew, who got a Magnitude 10. That's the only real thing of note, though.

Due to the intense sandstorm, I couldn't enter the desert portion yet. So I instead went to Route 112, where I ran into May! She told me about Mt. Chimney and gave me HM04 for Strength, which I promptly gave to Lisa. I also taught Cut to Noisy Boy so that I can delete it from Lisa later.

I ran through the grass and got a Numel! It broke out a few times because I couldn't get it's health down to red without killing it, so I ended up using a Great Ball. I'm naming her Eruptia.

Because of Team Magma blocking the entrance to the cable car station, I went on through Fiery Path to get to the other side of Route 112. In it, I encountered a second Numel, which Batsy one-shot.

I went through the small part of Route 112 that was there, and went to the northern section of Route 111.

BATSY EVOLVED AGAIN!! She had high friendship from holding a Soothe Bell for like, ever, and leveled up after defeating Ace Trainer Wilton's Electrike! Well actually, she didn't defeat it. She was just sent out first, and I swapped her out for Kenny because she's weak to Electric. Evolution number 5 and the first second-tier evolution!

I ran into some guy staring at a tree. He said his name was Aarune, he's from Unova, and that he's spent the last eleven years trying to "find himself". He told me about these places called Secret Bases, and gave me TM94 for Secret Power.

He should me some hidden room behind the tree he was looking at, and told me more about Secret Bases. He ended up giving me this Secret Spot, as he called it, and left. He seems like a pretty nice guy. But also like a stoner. I'm sure there's some crossover there.

Anyway, I decided to keep this place for now and set up some decorations, including a bed so I have a healing spot. I also taught Secret Power to Thorn.

I continued on to Route 113, where I once again meet May. She mentioned that it wasn't that much farther to Fallarbor Town, and left after healing my party. I immediately ran into the grass and found a Sandshrew! I named her Tunnel.

I journeyed on through the route, talking to the flute maker and getting the Soot Sack from him.

Made it ro Fallarbor! I went and dumped Thorn into the PC, due to me not really using him, then went to the Move Reminder to give Batsy Cross Poison.

Except that I was stopped first by May because Professor Cozmo was apparently taken away by Team Magma,

I went through Route 114, visiting the Fossil Maniac's house to get TM28 for Dig from his brother. I gave the move to Kenny.

I stopped by Lanette's house to to switch the "Organize Boxes" option on the PC to the top, then walked around in the nearby grass a bit. I GOT A SWABLU!!! I named her Puffy.

I went ahead through to Meteor Falls, where I encountered another Zubat... I named him Fang. At least now I have a sort of back up in case Batsy dies.

And then, tragedy hit. I caught up with May trying to get Team Magma to let the professor go, and we ended up having a multi battle with Magma Admin Tabitha and a Grunt. Noisy Boy the Nincada unfortunately met his demise to a Snarl from Tabitha's Mightyena. This is the most tragic loss of this playthrough so far...

After we brought the professor back, he gave me TM23 for Smack Down.

I'll leave it off here so we can mourn, but I am still playing and will probably post again in a few hours.

Kenny (male)
    Level 24
    Moves: Water Gun, Rock Smash, Dig, Mud Bomb

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 24
    Moves: Strength, Cut, Slash, Feint Attack

Batsy (female)
    Level 24
    Moves: Cross Poison, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Confuse Ray

Ion (female)
    Level 24
    Moves: Electro Ball, Spark, Swift, Copycat

Puffy (female)
    Level 22
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Quiet
    Moves: Round, Safeguard, Disarming Voice, Mist

Coonie (female)
    Level 11

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

Husk (genderless)
    Level 20

Gertrude (female)
    Level 14
    Moves: Rollout, Rock Polish, Magnitude, Mud Sport

Eruptia (female)
    Level 16
    Ability: Oblivious
    Moves: Ember, Focus Energy, Magnitude, Flame Burst

Level 18
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Rash
    Moves: Magnitude, Fury Cutter, Swift, Rapid Spin

Thorn (male)
    Level 22
    Moves: Mega Drain, Leech Seed, Venoshock, Secret Power

Level 19
    Moves: Wing Attack, Air Cutter, Bite, Confuse Ray

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Noisy Boy the male Ninjask
    Died at Level 23

11. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    After the tragedy that was the death of Noisy boy, I soldiered on, retracing my steps up to the cable car station on route 112. But before I did that, I bought TM97 for Power-Up Punch and taught the move to Lisa.

Riding the cable car up to the top of Mt. Chimney, I run into a bunch of Team Magma Grunts fighting Grunt from Team Aqua. Everybody's just using Poochyenas...

Through this narrow path, I found TM59 for Incinerate! I thought of giving the move to Puffy, but Lisa is the only one on my team who can learn it, so I didn't use it.

After that, I ran in to Ninjask-Killer Tabitha again and had to battle him once more. He was much easier this time, partly because his Koffing just used Self-Destruct immediately.

I then went on forward and met Maxie, the leader, for the second time. He talked to me about their plans and then we battled. He was moderately challenging. After I beat him, he was about to battle me again using Mega Evolution, but luckily someone called him and said they needed to go to Mt. Pyre next, thus saving my ass. Maxie gave me the Meteorite they were using as a reparation for being so rude, then left. Then Archie came up looking for Maxie, realized he had left, and went after him after a few insults.

I headed back down to Jagged Pass, on my way to Lavaridge Town. I Machop came up on the DexNav, and I went for it as it had a Focus Band and I didn't want another Numel. Except that I was an idiot and scared it off. Random encounter it is then!

I actually ended up getting a Machop anyway. I named him Swolemaster.

I explored around the area, trying to get as many items as I could. Puffy unfortunately lost her life against a wild Machop. Revenge is annoying.

And I made it to Lavaridge Town! I buried Puffy in the PC and brought out Husk. I also switched out Swolemaster for Eruptia.

I taught Cut to Husk as I realized that Noisy Boy was the one I wanted to have Cut on, and now he's dead. I also taught Rock Smash to Swolemaster and Eruptia.

I got an egg from an old lady and immediately put it in the PC as I don't really want to take the time to hatch it right now.

Now for the gym! I used the Gym Trainers to train up Eruptia a bit, as she was underleveled. Husk ended up dying to Ninja Boy Hiromichi's Koffing because it apparently can learn Flamethrower...

I'm going to leave it here as this post is pretty long, but there probably will be another later today.

Kenny (male)
    Level 25

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 25
    Moves: Strength, Cut, Slash, Feint Attack

[​IMG]
    Batsy (female)
    Level 26

[​IMG]
    Ion (female)
    Level 26
    Moves: Electro Ball, Spark, Swift, Fake Tears

Eruptia (female)
    Level 17
    Ability: Oblivious
    Moves: Flame Burst, Magnitude, Rock Smash, Focus Energy

Coonie (female)
    Level 11

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

Gertrude (female)
    Level 14
    Moves: Rollout, Rock Polish, Magnitude, Mud Sport

Level 18
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Rash
    Moves: Magnitude, Fury Cutter, Swift, Rapid Spin

Thorn (male)
    Level 22

Fang (male)
    Level 19

Swolemaster (male)
    Level 21
    Ability: No Guard
    Moves: Low Sweep, Rock Smash, Knock Off, Secret Power

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Died at Level 23

Puffy the female Swablu
    Died at Level 25

Husk the Shedinja
    Died at Level 20

12. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    I continued on through the gym after burying Husk. Eruptia ended up dying against Ace Trainer Zane's Slugma. It used Overheat and got a critical hit... I ran back and put him the the Graveyard and healed up my part before going to take on the rest of the gym. I have decided that the Expert Belt is bad luck, as any of my Pokémon that have ever held it have died. I also added Tunnel to my team.

The rest of the gym trainers weren't any real trouble. I ended up grinding in Jagged Pass to get Tunnel up to snuff with the rest of my team, so as not to have a repeat of what happened to Eruptia.

This turned out to be a mistake as she died to a wild Machop. Again, Revenge is annoying.

I put her in the Graveyard and withdrew Gertrude. I decided to just go fight Flannery anyway and train Gertrude up later, if I even end up using her as I could get something better on Route 111.

Surprisingly, Flannery wasn't really a problem. She gave me the Heat Badge and TM50 for Overheat.

Upon leaving the gym, I ran into May and she was amazed by my destroying of Maxie. She gave me the Go-Goggles so I can FINALLY explore the desert part of Route 111. But that won't be for a little bit, as we headed back to Petalburg City together so I could challenge my dad. Actually, I really shouldn't have done that because Gertrude would be VERY useful against him due to her resistance to Normal and I should've gone ahead to Route 111 to train her. So that's what I did!

Going around in a circle again, I checked on my berries and went aaaaall the way back to Route 111. I also took on the third puzzle in the Trick House along the way. And I unfortunately lost my encounter in the desert to another stupid Geodude from a Rock Smash rock that was blocking the way. I was so annoyed by it that I just ran from the battle.

I went back through Fiery Path to collect the items that were blocked by Strength boulders. I ran into Aarune again and he gave me TM96 for Nature Power. Then Gertrude died to a wild Numel because she couldn't run away from it.

I finally made it to the desert. I mostly just rode around on my bike and collected all the items, though I did battle a few trainers.

I went back down through Mauville and Slateport and sailed back to Petalburg with Mr. Briney. From there I went up to Rustboro to revive my newly obtained Root Fossil into a Lileep. I named her Tuni.

Now for my dad's gym! The gym trainers weren't that hard, although there was the added challenge of Tuni not doing very much damage.

AND THEN TUNI DIED TO ACE TRAINER JODY'S ZANGOOSE!!! For the third time, Revenge has killed one of my Pokémon!

So I'm just going to say this now, I'm probably going to lose everything to Norman. I now have nothing that resists Normal-types, and only one Pokémon with decent Fighting-type moves, being Swolemaster.

So I decided to once again go around in a circle and rebattle all the trainers I can to train up Swolemaster.

Aaaaand Swolemaster died in a rematch against Lass Hayley's Breloom. It wasn't Revenge this time, but Counter...

So I'm just going to leave this post off here. If I do end up battling Norman tonight for some reason, I'll just have a quick little post discussing that.

Kenny (male)
    Level 28

Lazy Lisa (female)
    Level 28
    Moves: Strength, Cut, Chip Away, Power-Up Punch

Batsy (female)
    Level 27

Ion (female)
    Level 27
    Moves: Electro Ball, Spark, Swift, Flash

Coonie (female)
    Level 11

[/Pokémon]magikarp[/Pokémon]
    Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

Thorn (male)
    Level 22

Fang (male)
    Level 19

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Died at Level 23

Puffy the female Swablu
    Died at Level 25

Husk the Shedinja
    Died at Level 20

Eruptia the female Numel
    Died at level 18

Tunnel the female Sandshrew
    Died at level 19

Gertrude the female Geodude
    Died at level 18

Tuni the female Lileep
    Died at level 22

Swolemaster the male Machop
    Died at level 22

Total Deaths: 12

#12 Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  13. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    And today, the tragedy continued...

I added Thorn to my team, mainly for Toxic, which I found TM06 for and taught him. I went around again and rebattled trainers to train her up a bit, then took on Norman.

His first Slaking and his Vigoroth weren't really a problem. Thorn took down the former on his own, but I had to switch out to Lisa to take down the ladder. Then the second Slaking came out...

I kept Lisa out to because she got two Power-Up Punches off on the Vigoroth and so had her attack boosted. Then she got one-shot with a Retaliate...

I sent Thorn back out used poisoned the Slaking with Toxic while it was Truant. Then I healed him up the next turn, and he was also one-shot by Retaliate...

I managed to finish it off with Batsy, so I didn't lose the nuzlocke here. I got the Balance Badge and TM67 for Retaliate from my dad, then went off with Wally back to Mauville City after his dad thanked my dad and I for helping Wally catch a Pokémon and gave me HM03 for Surf. Kenny was the only one that could learn it, so I taught it to him.

Once back in Mauville, I buried both Lisa and Thorn in the PC. My odds weren't looking too good now, as all I had in my party were Kenny, Batsy, and Ion, and only Coonie, Floop 2.0, and Jessica in the PC, with the ladder three all being underleveled. I also have a Wynaut egg that I could hatch, but I really don't want to deal with using a Wynaut.

I continued on to Route 118 toward Fortree City, using a Repel to get across the water. On the other side, I fought Interviewers Gabby and Ty for the second time (the first being back on Route 111), where Ion then lost her life to Gabby's Loudred's Uproar, which was a critical hit...

I still beat the pair and soldiered on. I should've gone back to Mauville then and buried Ion, but I didn't...

I continued on a bit and ran into Steven, thus triggering the event on Southern Island where you get Latios. I can't use legendaries though, so he just had to wait in the back of my party with the corpse of Ion until I got to Fortree City. After beating Courtney and a Team Magma Grunt, Steven also gave me a Mega Bracelet.

After being returned to Route 119, I ran around until an Electrike came up in the DexNav, which I caught. I know they're really common here, but so is Linoone and I REALLY needed an Electric-type to counter Winona's Flying-types now that Ion is no more... I named him Sparky

I continued on to Route 119, where I caught a Tropius. I named her Fruta.

I confronted Team Magma at the Weather Institute, where I FINALLY could get to a PC to bury Ion and deposit Flynn the Latios. I blasted through the trainers no problem.

SPARKY EVOLVED!!! He got to Level 26 versing a Team Magma Grunt's Mightyena. I also already found the Manectite, so this is also my first Mega Evolving Pokémon!

After defeating Cicada-Killer Tabitha once more, the workers at the institute thanked me and gave me a Castform and a Rocky Helmet! I named the Castform Cumulous.

I left the institute and headed across the bridge up toward Fortree City, when I ran into May again. She challenged me to a battle. I actually managed to destroy both her Slugma and Grovyle with Cumulous; thanks to weather moves.

After I beat her, she gave me HM02 for Fly, which I taught to Fruta. I then arrived in Fortree City!

And I'll leave it there. Once again though, I'll probably post again tonight.

Kenny (male)
    Level 32
    Moves: Surf, Rock Smash, Dig, Secret Power
    Item: Soft Sand

Batsy (female)
    Level 32

Sparky (male)
    Level 26
    Moves: Thunder Fang, Spark, Bite, Quick Attack
    Item: Manectite

Fruta (female)
    Level 26
    Ability: Solar Power
    Moves: Magical Leaf, Leaf Tornado, Fly, Cut
    Item: Miracle Seed

Cumulous (female)
    Level 30
    Ability: Forecast
    Moves: Weather Ball, Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Hail
    Item: Mystic Water

Coonie (female)
    Level 11

Floop 2.0
    Level 10

Jessica (female)
    Level 20

Fang (male)
    Level 19

Also an egg

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Died at Level 23

Puffy the female Swablu
    Died at Level 25

Husk the Shedinja
    Died at Level 20

Eruptia the female Numel
    Died at level 18

Died at level 19

Died at level 18

Tuni the female Lileep
    Died at level 22

Died at level 22

Lazy Lisa the female Vigoroth
    Died at level 28

Thorn the male Roselia
    Died at level 27

Ion the female Minun
    Died at level 28

Total Deaths: 15

14. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    I ventured out on Route 120, following Steven, who was spotted leaving Fortree. An Absol appeared on the DexNav, and I confronted it as I REALLY need something to counter Psychic for the Mossdeep Gym later on.

It managed to take out both Fruta and Batsy... BUT I CAUGHT HER AND NAMED HER LUCKY FOR SOME REASON!!!

I went and buried the two in the PC, withdrawing Fang at the same time. Then I went back on my Route 120 endeavor.

And Cumulous died to the invisible Kecleon that Steven has you battle...

But, then I defeated it and Steven gave me the Devon Scope and the Swampertite.

AND THEN LUCKY DIED TO A WILD TROPIUS BECAUSE I WAS STUPID AND FORGOT TO HEAL UP THE PARTY!! GOD DAMMIT WHY DO I SUCK SO MUCH?!

*breaths*

Look, it is very likely that I'm going to lose this thing to Winona. I'm saying that now. Then again, I said the same thing about Norman and I only lost two Pokémon...

Now that I can get rid of the invisible Kecleon blocking the way to the gym, I'm going to go battle the gym trainers and hopefully get Fang to evolve into at least a Golbat.

Actually, no. I decided to hold off on that and venture back down through Route 119 to see if I can go to Route 121 and the Safari Zone too catch more Pokémon and bolster my team a bit.

FANG EVOLVED!! He made it to level 22 versing a wild Tropius!

And then I realized that the Safari Zone is back through Route 120... And so I decided to head down to the two water routes in the southeast that I haven't been through yet to catch some more Pokémon. Also Sea Mauville.

I fished up a Tentacool in Sea Mauville who I named Venom and encountered another while Surfing who I named Toxin.

And then I found a third one while surfing in Route 107 but it refused to get in a Pokéball and basically killed itself because it was Wrapped.

I continued on through Dewford town up through Route 105, where I encountered a Wingull. I named her Ingrid.

And then she died to another Wingull's Wing Attack because she couldn't freaking run away from it...

You know what, I'm just going to leave this here for today.

Kenny (male)
    Level 34
    Moves: Surf, Rock Smash, Dig, Secret Power
    Item: Soft Sand

Fang (male)
    Level 28
    Moves: Poison Fang, Aerial Ace, Steel Wing, Confuse Ray

Venom (male)
    Level 25
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    Nature: Lonely
    Moves: Bubble Beam, Water Pulse, Acid Spray, Wrap

Toxin (male)
    Level 25
    Moves: Bubble Beam, Water Pulse, Acid Spray, Wrap

Coonie (female)
    Level 11

Floop 2.0
    Level 10

Jessica (female)
    Level 20

Also an egg

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Died at Level 23

Puffy the female Swablu
    Died at Level 25

Husk the Shedinja
    Died at Level 20

Eruptia the female Numel
    Died at level 18

Died at level 19

Died at level 18

Tuni the female Lileep
    Died at level 22

Died at level 22

Died at level 28

Thorn the male Roselia
    Died at level 27

Ion the female Minun
    Died at level 28

Fruta the female Tropius
    Died at level 27

Batsy the female Crobat
    Died at level 32

Lucky the female Absol
    Died at level 27

Cumulous the female Castform
    Died at level 30

Sparky the male Manectric
    Died at level 28

Ingrid the female Wingull
    Died at level 20

Total Deaths: 21

15. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    So a lot happened today:

Both Venom and Toxin died (I can't remember how).

I ended up adding Coonie to the party, mainly because I realized it could learn Charge Beam from TM57. So I bought that and TM78 for Bulldoze. I also taught Rock Tomb back to Kenny.

COONIE EVOLVED!! She got to level 20 versing someone I don't remember!

FANG EVOLVED!! He FINALLY had enough friendship when he got to level 30. I can't remember what he got to that level against.

KENNY EVOLVED!! He got to level 36 I think versing a trainer in Fortree Gym.

I ACTUALLY BEAT WINONA!!! I lost Coonie in the process because she was still a bit underleveled, but other than that it wasn't as big of a problem as I thought it would be. Though I did have to rely on Bad Poison damage from Fang to bring down her Altaria.

I headed toward Route 121 and the Safari Zone, hoping to rebuild my decimated team.

I caught a Linoone on Route 121 who I named Racer.

I made it to Lilycove city! This is where I'll end it for now as I have to do other stuff. Once again, will most likely post again tonight.

Kenny (male)
    Level 39
    Moves: Surf, Rock Smash, Dig, Bulldoze
    Item: Swampertite

Fang (male)
    Level 36
    Moves: Poison Fang, Cross Poison, Acrobatics, Fly

Racer (female)
    Level 28
    Ability: Pickup
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves: Strength, Secret Power, Cut, Double Team

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

And a Wynaut egg

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Died at Level 23

Puffy the female Swablu
    Died at Level 25

Husk the Shedinja
    Died at Level 20

Eruptia the female Numel
    Died at level 18

Died at level 19

Died at level 18

Tuni the female Lileep
    Died at level 22

Died at level 22

Died at level 28

Thorn the male Roselia
    Died at level 27

Ion the female Minun
    Died at level 28

Fruta the female Tropius
    Died at level 27

Batsy the female Crobat
    Died at level 32

Lucky the female Absol
    Died at level 27

Died at level 30

Died at level 28

Died at level 20

Venom the female Tentacool
    Died at level 25

Toxin the female Tentacool
    Died at level 25

Coonie the female Linoone

Total Deaths: 24

16. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    And like I said, I'M BACK!!

I was heading to the Lilycove Department Store to check out their selection of TMs, when I ran into May! We agreed to a battle, and Fang knocked out most of her Pokémon himself.

After our battle, I went and explored the store. I bought a bunch of Max Repels to prepare for my hunt in the Safari Zone, three Proteins - one for Fang and the other two for Racer -, and some Secret Base decorations.

Then I went to the Contest Hall and did a Toughness Contest with Kenny. But not before I gave him a bunch of yellow PokeBlocks. We won, but only barely.

NOW it was time for the Safari Zone. Since I can only get one in all, I'm going to try to get a Pinsir.

And I was successful! I named her Beat.

Then I went off to Mt. Pyre to put a stop to whatever Team Magma was doing there, as well as catch a nice Ghost-type to use against Tate and Liza.

On Route 122, I met yet another Tentacool who I named Jellina.

And in My. Pyre I got a Duskull! I named her Crypt.

I went up through Mt. Pyre, collecting all the items I could find (which wasn't hard).

However, I am ending this here before fighting the Team Magma Grunts waiting for me at the summit.

Kenny (male)
    Level 40
    Moves: Surf, Rock Smash, Dig, Bulldoze

Fang (male)
    Level 38
    Moves: Poison Fang, Cross Poison, Acrobatics, Fly

Racer (female)
    Level 31
    Moves: Strength, Secret Power, Cut, Double Team

Beat (female)
    Level 32
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    Moves: Brick Break, Submission, Strength, Secret Power
    Item: Cleanse Tag

Jellina (female)
    Level 20
    Moves: Water Pulse, Wrap, Acid, Toxic Spikes

Crypt (female)
    Level 32
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Shadow Sneak, Confuse Ray, Pursuit, Will-O-Wisp
    Item: Rocky Helmet

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

Also a Wynaut egg

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Died at Level 23

Puffy the female Swablu
    Died at Level 25

Husk the Shedinja
    Died at Level 20

Eruptia the female Numel
    Died at level 18

Died at level 19

Died at level 18

Tuni the female Lileep
    Died at level 22

Died at level 22

Died at level 28

Thorn the male Roselia
    Died at level 27

Ion the female Minun
    Died at level 28

Fruta the female Tropius
    Died at level 27

Batsy the female Crobat
    Died at level 32

Lucky the female Absol
    Died at level 27

Died at level 30

Died at level 28

Died at level 20

Died at level 25

Died at level 25

17. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Hello again!

So first off, Fang unfortunately died versing Magma Admin Courtney's Camerupt. It used Curse like three times and then Rock Slide, which I didn't think it had.

I caught a Pelipper in Lilycove City! I named her Bucket, and she was holding a Lucky Egg! I gave the item to Jellina as I want to train her up now that I lost my previous Poison-type...

I taught Bucket Fly and headed over to Fallarbor Town to see what it could remember. Having two Heart Scales, I had her remember Hydro Pump and Hurricane. I also taught her Surf.

I deleted Rock Smash off of Kenny and taught it to Racer instead. Kenny got Power-Up Punch for the time being.

I then stormed Team Magma's Hideout, amazingly I didn't lose any Pokémon throughout the raid or battling Courtney.

I used a Repel crossing Route 124 so I can catch a Pokémon later after getting Dive.

Made it to Mossdeep City! I explored and collected items. Then I went on to Shoal Cave. It was just barely still low tide at the time, so I could try and catch a Snorunt in the lower levels. So I used a bunch of Max Repels I had left over from my Safari Zone excursion and ventured down. And I got what I was looking for! I named my new Snorunt Snowball.

JELLINA EVOLVED!!! She got to level 30 versing a wild Sealeo.

I went around a bit more to collect the rest of the Shoal Salt, then took a break for a while so that I could go back to Shoal Cave when it was high tide and collect the rest of the items and the Shoal Shells.

After getting all the Shoal Salt and Shoal Shells, I went back to the entrance and had the old man make me a Shell Bell. He also gave me the Slowbronite.

Then I went back to Mossdeep City and swapped out Racer for Snowball. Then I flew over back to Lilycove really quick to buy TM14 for Blizzard. I flew back to Mossdeep and taught the move to Snowball.

And that'll be it for today!

Kenny (male)
    Level 41
    Moves: Surf, Power-Up Punch, Dig, Bulldoze

Beat (female)
    Level 35
    Moves: X-Scissor, Brick Break, Strength, Secret Power
    Item: Shell Bell

Jellina (female)
    Level 30
    Moves: Surf, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Toxic
    Item: Poison Barb

Crypt (female)
    Level 34
    Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Shadow Sneak, Confuse Ray, Pursuit, Will-O-Wisp
    Item: Lucky Egg

Bucket (female)
    Level 33
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Moves: Surf, Hydro Pump, Hurricane, Fly
    Item: Mystic Water

Snowball (male)
    Level 34
    Nature: Hardy
    Moves: Ice Fang, Blizzard, Bite, Headbutt
    Item: Never-Melt Ice

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

Racer (female)
    Level 32
    Moves: Strength, Secret Power, Cut, Rock Smash

Also a Wynaut egg

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Died at Level 23

Puffy the female Swablu
    Died at Level 25

Husk the Shedinja
    Died at Level 20

Eruptia the female Numel
    Died at level 18

Died at level 19

Died at level 18

Tuni the female Lileep
    Died at level 22

Died at level 22

Died at level 28

Thorn the male Roselia
    Died at level 27

Ion the female Minun
    Died at level 28

Fruta the female Tropius
    Died at level 27

Batsy the female Crobat
    Died at level 32

Lucky the female Absol
    Died at level 27

Died at level 30

Died at level 28

Died at level 20

Died at level 25

Died at level 25

Fang the male Crobat
    Died at level 39

Total Deaths: 25

18. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    And we're back!

First off, I took on the Mossdeep Gym.

CRYPT EVOLVED!!! She got to level 37 versing Psychic Fritz's Claydol in the Gym.

Both Beat and Bucket unfortunately lost their lives against Tate and Liza's Lunatone and Solrock...

I went back to Fallarbor Town after scouring the region for Heart Scales and had Crypt remember Ice Punch.

I caught a Clamperl underwater on Route 124! I named her Pearl.

I also caught a Lanturn underwater on Route 126! I named him Lamp.

I journeyed on through Route 126 and was surprised to find that I can actually go to Sootopolis City. I explored there a bit, then continued on to Route 128.

Well actually I went down to Sea Mauville to do that puzzle that gets you to the storage room where you get a bunch of Nuggets and Big Nuggets, the Beedrilite, and TM13 for Ice Beam. I taught the move to Snowball, then went to the Lilycove Department Store and bought TM25 for Thunder, which I taught to Lamp.

THEN I went down through Route 127 to get to Route 128

SNOWBALL EVOLVED!!! He got to level 42 and evolved into Glalie versing Fisherman Jonah's Relicanth.

And that's it for today!

Kenny (male)
    Level 42
    Moves: Surf, Dive, Dig, Bulldoze

Jellina (female)
    Level 31
    Moves: Surf, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Toxic

Crypt (female)
    Level 40
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Shadow Punch, Confuse Ray, Ice Punch, Will-O-Wisp
    Item: Rocky Helmet

Snowball (male)
    Level 42
    Moves: Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Crunch
    Item: Glalitite

Pearl (female)
    Level 30
    Ability: Shell Armor
    Moves: Water Gun, Clamp, Whirlpool, Iron Defense
    Item: Lucky Egg

Lamp (male)
    Level 31
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    Nature: Bashful
    Moves: Surf, Signal Beam, Thunder, Charge Beam

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

Racer (female)
    Level 32

Also a Wynaut egg

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Died at Level 23

Puffy the female Swablu
    Died at Level 25

Husk the Shedinja
    Died at Level 20

Eruptia the female Numel
    Died at level 18

Died at level 19

Died at level 18

Tuni the female Lileep
    Died at level 22

Died at level 22

Died at level 28

Thorn the male Roselia
    Died at level 27

Ion the female Minun
    Died at level 28

Fruta the female Tropius
    Died at level 27

Batsy the female Crobat
    Died at level 32

Lucky the female Absol
    Died at level 27

Died at level 30

Died at level 28

Died at level 20

Died at level 25

Died at level 25

Fang the male Crobat
    Died at level 39

Beat the female Pinsir
    Died at level 35

Bucket the female Pelipper
    Died at level 34

Total Deaths: 27

19. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    Well today, I having gone back to Mossdeep City to copy info from my Pokémon in the PC down on here, I once again went through Route 127, and FINALLY went through Route 128 as well. I used Bulbapedia to find all the items simply because I wanted them (also because I want to stock up on Heart Scales for the Move Reminder).

I went through Seafloor Cavern, obtaining TM55 for Scald and TM26 for Earthquake. I taught Earthquake to Kenny.

Once I made it down to Groudon's room, I battled Maxie before he awoke the slumbering beast. Unfortunately, Lamp died from Poison after killing his Crobat. But his Mega Camerupt was no match for a Surf from Kenny after he Mega Evolved as well.

After Maxie awakened Groudon and received news that the region was now insanely hot because of it, we all (Maxie, Archie, Tabitha, and myself) went back to the surface to see just how much Maxie had screwed the planet over. They all headed for Sootopolis CIty, where Groudon apparently had headed, while I was left there alone until Steven arrived. He basically just commented on Groudon's power and said he was going off to Sootopolis as well, leaving me to get there myself. Why nobody offered me a ride even though Maxie himself said I was amazing for defeating him, I will never know. Luckily, I could just fly there already anyway.

So I headed back to Mossdeep and buried Lamp. I withdrew Bucket's corpse to fly me over to Sootopolis (don't question it), then re-buried her.

After visiting the Move Deleter and Move Reminder for various things, I then went through the Cave of Origin. Exploiting the DexNav once again, I got a Mawile! I named her Chompetta.

I made it to the bottom, where I encountered Groudon. It carried me to the deepest part of the cave, where it transformed into its Primal form and battled me.

I had Kenny sent out first and immediately Mega Evolved him. He nearly one-shot Groudon with Earthquake, bringing it down to literally one HP. But then Groudon used Precipice Blades and brought Kenny near death as well. I swapped out Kenny for Crypt, who took Groudon's Earthquake and went down to about 45 HP. To avoid losing any Pokémon, I ended up using the Master Ball that I got from the Magma Hideout. This is the first time I have ever used a Master Ball.

And Hoenn is saved! Now tomorrow we battle Wallace!

Kenny (male)
    Level 44
    Moves: Surf, Dive, Earthquake, Dig

Jellina (female)
    Level 34
    Moves: Scald, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Toxic

Crypt (female)
    Level 41
    Ability: Pressure
    Moves: Shadow Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Strength
    Item: Shell Bell

Snowball (male)
    Level 42
    Moves: Freeze-Dry, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Secret Power
    Item: Glalitite

Chompetta (female)
    Level 36
    Moves: Iron Head, Iron Defense, Play Rough, Crunch
    Item: Mawilite

Floop 2.0 (female)
    Level 10

Jessica (Cosplay)
    Level 20

Racer (female)
    Level 32

Pearl (female)
    Level 34
    Ability: Shell Armor
    Moves: Surf, Water Gun, Clamp, Iron Defense

Also a Wynaut egg

Pondo the male Surskit
    Died at level 6

Gully the female Wingull
    Died at level 10

Floop the male Magikarp
    Died at level 15

Died at level 13

Died at Level 23

Puffy the female Swablu
    Died at Level 25

Husk the Shedinja
    Died at Level 20

Eruptia the female Numel
    Died at level 18

Died at level 19

Died at level 18

Tuni the female Lileep
    Died at level 22

Died at level 22

Died at level 28

Thorn the male Roselia
    Died at level 27

Ion the female Minun
    Died at level 28

Fruta the female Tropius
    Died at level 27

Batsy the female Crobat
    Died at level 32

Lucky the female Absol
    Died at level 27

Died at level 30

Died at level 28

Died at level 20

Died at level 25

Died at level 25

Died at level 23

Fang the male Crobat
    Died at level 39

Beat the female Pinsir
    Died at level 35

Bucket the female Pelipper
    Died at level 34

Lamp the male Lanturn
    Died at level 35

Total Deaths: 28

20. Captain Comet

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,577.4
    ON TO SOOTOPOLIS GYM!!! The trainers weren't too much of a problem, as per usual. Nor was Wallace, surprisingly. Jellina destroyed his Luvdisc and Milotic, and would've done the same to his Sealeo if he hadn't used Encore and got Jellina locked into Toxic. I did end up using Kenny against his Seaking though out of fear because it had Horn Drill.

Anyway, Wallace gave me the Rain Badge and HM05 for Waterfall after our battle. I healed up at the Pokémon Center, then flew over to Lilycove (once again with Bucket's corpse) to delete Surf from Kenny's memory and replace it with Waterfall. Then I went to Littleroot to get the National Pokédex. I also stopped by my house and paid my mom a visit. She gave me an Amulet Coin for getting a badge from my dad! Then I flew back to Sootopolis to re-bury Bucket and take out Pearl, as she is now the only living Pokémon I have that can Surf.

THEN IT WAS ON TO EVER GRANDE CITY AND VICTORY ROAD!!

But first I had to travel through Routes 126, 127, and 128 again...

Eventually, I got there and started through Victory Road. I once again used some Max Repels and the DexNav, and ended up finding a Hariyama! I had Crypt out first as she was the lowest level Pokémon I had that was still high enough leveled to not have wild Pokémon appear. I got extremely lucky and froze the Hariyama first turn with Ice Punch. I named him Slaphappy.

And then Slaphappy died in his first battle against Ace Trainer Albert and his Rhyperior. Critical Hit Drill Run...

I then decided to explore down Route 129 and collect items. I found a Relicanth! I named him Survivor.

I also ended up having a sort of stand-off against Triathlete Isaiah on my way back to Ever Grande. Chompetta would hit his Starmie with Crunch on the same turn that it used Recover to regain health from the last turn. Since Crunch took down about half the Starmie's health, this was essentially a PP battle. Then it used Swift at one point and simply reset the cycle to have him nearly dead every turn... But then it used Rapid Spin and I won.

And I'll leave it there for now.

Kenny (male)
    Level 44
    Moves: Waterfall, Dive, Earthquake, Dig

Jellina (female)
    Level 39
    Moves: Scald, Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Toxic