1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Hoenn Pokedex revamped?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Oct 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    So something has gotten me thinking after seeing what new mega evolutions will be available for ORAS. I don't recall being able to catch pidgey or weedle in the originals, but I don't remember for sure. But i definitely do know Buneary was not in R/S/E, so it got me wondering. Will Pokémon like Buneary be available for the post game? or will they revamp the Hoenn Pokédex and add in Pokémon that weren't originally there early on? If you recall HG/SS did revamp the dex only to the extent of Pokémon with 3rd evolutions such as togepi. So what do you guys think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pendraflare

Pendraflare Hex Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I'm thinking they'll do something like what they did with the Sevii Islands in FRLG and maybe add another island where other generation Pokémon can be encountered, either that or they might do what they did with Emerald's Safari Zone for the post-game. But it's not likely they're going to add non-Hoenn Pokédex stuff before then.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I think is likely that they'll do something so you can end up finding Pokémon not originally in the Hoenn pokédex. I can easily see the safari zone getting some more Pokémon added to it.

4. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    I'm thinking it's going to be like HGSS; more Pokémon able to be found in Hoenn wilds that weren't seen in RSE's Pokédex. It wouldn't surprise me, and I wouldn't mind either!

5. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    The Hoenn Pokédex can change, so that Pokémon from other regions are also available before obtaining the National Dex. I think that that's probably the given, given the fact that many Pokémon from later generations will be added in the game.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    The design for the current dex in OR/AS looks really cool, so with changes like that aesthetically I'm sure we could see a revamped 'dex. It would be pretty nice, kinda pointless depending on the amount of Pokémon you encounter, but still a neat addition.

7. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Salamence's Hoenn Dex number is now 198, which is nine higher than what it used to be (189). The following Gen. IV Pokémon are related to Pokémon found in the original Hoenn Pokédex: Budew, Roserade, Magnezone, Probopass, Rhyperior, Gallade, Froslass, Dusknoir, Chingling. That's exactly nine Pokémon, meaning there likely will not be any new Pokémon unless they come after Salamence, which seems unlikely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.