1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

"Hold my Nuzlocke" - What was your First Shiny?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Syaoron the Fox, May 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    The title does imply that funny rule we have about shinies in Nuzlockes, but here's the real question:

In any Pokémon game ever, what was the first Shiny Pokémon you ever caught or encountered?

Everyone remembers their first. Did you grind for that shiny, or was it by chance? Did you trade for it? For me, it was a Bronzor that I happened upon in the middle of Pokémon Platinum by random chance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    My first shiny was a Camerupt in Pokémon White 2. I was grinding and not paying attention until I heard something different.Voila, black Camerupt, me going apeshit after 10 years of playing and not getting a shiny, and chucking of the Master Ball. End Result: I have a Camerupt named Lulu that is solely used to hatch eggs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Syaoron the Fox likes this.
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I did get a shiny during my last nuzlocke, I got a shiny koffing! It is trapped in XY for now though since I don't have Pokebank

4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Me and my sister share our first Shiny: a Shiny Shinx in Pearl. We PokeRader-ed for it, and I'll never forget the time we screamed "SHINY SHINX!" together.

5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    My first shiny was a ponyta in Pearl, though my sister was the one who found it so I'm not sure whether or not it counts. But the first random encounter I found was actually a sandile in one of my Nuzlocke runs of White. My mum heard me screaming from upstairs and she thought I'd hurt myself. But for the first time in ten years of playing Pokémon, I finally encountered my first shiny by myself...

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    My first shiny would have to be the Spinda that I found while training my Pokémon teams in Y. I just wanted to gain EXP, but I saw a puke-colored Spinda and I'm like, "Okay, this HAS to be a shiny!" So I caught it. And all the other shinies that I caught (only a Wingull and Whismur through hordes) had that same kinda colored green in their shiny forms. And what did I do with it? Keep it in the PC box, used only to basically admire.

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Basically what I do with them, aside from my bred shinies. I can use them because I bred the for battle, so to speak.

JadeFox likes this.
  8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    My first shiny was a trapinch. I wanted a Flygon in my white game so I went into my emerald game to grab a trapinch to send over. I wasn't trying to look for a shiny but the first trapinch I found was shiny. I was like, OMG shiny trapinch now I can have shiny flygon! Now I have a shiny flygon.

9. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    The first shiny I got was a Shiny Bidoof in my first Pokémon Diamond game. No kidding. The legend is real :3

10. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    My first was a Taillow I found while 'skygrinding' in ORAS. Skygrinding = encountering the lvl 40-45 'Mons while gliding to evolve Pokémon.
    I wasn't even paying attention; I was actually watching YouTube. But then, I heard that noise...
    *sparkle*
    HEART ATTACK

I Slashed with Reshiram and realized I had five-EXACTLY FIVE-REGULAR POKEBALLS in my bag.
    DOUBLE HEART ATTACK
    But I caught her. Mysticwing is now a proud member of my grinding team.
    #MissingNo

SyWry likes this.
  11. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    My first was a random encounter Shiny Taurus in I think something like the HSS/DPPT era games, I don't remember the specifics of it except that I thought WOW neon yellow and lime green what a random colour choice for it.

12. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    My first ever shiny was a Mightyena in Pokémon Emerald while i was trying to find an Absol. I then accidentally fainted it while trying to weaken it.

13. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    @Torian680 Fainting your first shiny? Rip, my dude. I'm sorry to hear that.

14. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    I had an overpowered Sceptile because i grind a lot.

15. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    My first shiny was one I encountered by random chance in the route right outside of New Bark Town in SoulSilver. It was right after I got the Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod, and I decided to go to that beginning route to do some training. I encountered it and sent out my Quilava. I attacked it once, and it had a little more than half hp left. So, I thought nothing bad would happen if I attacked again, right? Nope! It got knocked out with a crit! T_T

Auric likes this.
  16. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    A Shiny Zigzagoon in Pokémon Ruby. I got Pokeballs, and caught a Poochyena I believe. Then I caught a Zigzagoon. And then my very next encounter was a shiny Zigzagoon which I promptly named "Bronze!" To this day, I have a fondness for shiny Zigzagoon and Linoone. I thought my friends were just trying to trick me (like they did with a few other things) about shinies existing until I found my own.

Kiyase likes this.
  17. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    The first (and for a long time, only) shiny I've ever encountered was a Sentret that was my first wild encounter in HeartGold, before I had any Pokeballs. Eventually I got a shiny male Nidoran while breeding them to trade for Pokémon I didn't have yet in OmegaRuby.

18. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,697.9
    My first shiny was a Shiny Budew in Diamond. I was randomly walking through Route 204, and low and behold, a Shiny Budew. I immediately attempted to catch it, which I did, but then my game turned off, without me saving after I caught it. I will always miss you, Budew...

19. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    Officially, my first shiny was that Red Gyarados you find in the Lake of Rage, but that hardly counts. My first was in Pokémon X, where I was randomly going through the first forest and found a shiny Scatterbug. I was sorta excited, but when I evolved it to Vivillion, I realized only the body was shiny, and I could hardly see it, lol. :,D

20. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Besides the shiny gyarados, my first shiny was a Foongus in X, I was spamming horde battles to finally get myself a shiny xD Ever since then I've suddenly encountered a lot more shinies, the first random one being an Elekid in Alpha Sapphire.