1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I Need Help For VGC!!!

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by UltraHaxorus, Nov 8, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    So I've been playing competitively for a while now and I want to try VGC. Can you guys help me with any tips regarding team building, Pokémon, strategy, etc. Along with the current 2015 season. Thanks!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Send me a PM. We will talk and I will help you.
    I will be waiting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Synthesia

Synthesia Bird Keeper

PokéPoints:
    ₽67.7
    I can help too. Send me a personal message.
    '

4. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.8
    I dunno what you know already, because the topic post was a bit vague, but have you tried Nugget Bridge?
    http://nuggetbridge.com/
    It's really useful for VGC stuff.

5. BoB backwards

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    1. Don't bother with entry hazards, switching doesn't happen that often on VGC.
    2. Get plenty of moves that hit both opponents (heat wave, surf, earthquake, etc.) These will help you tear through teams, especially if both Pokémon are doing it.
    3. GET SOMEONE WITH AN ICE MOVE!!! I can't stress this enough. Garchomp is everywhere in VGC, and he can tear you down even quicker since Earthquake and Rock Slide will hit both of your Pokémon. Whoever has it needs to be bulky enough to take a hit (like Avalugg), or fast enough to hit him first (like Greninja.)

6. Hylian

Hylian Hero of Hyrule

Captain Falcon
    (Torchic)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽71.0
    Make sure you are aware of commonly used threats (Greninja, Azumarill etc.), and find good Pokémon or moves that can help counter them (Ex. Gunk Shot is a good counter move to use on an Azumarill, since it is weak to Poison.)

7. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I can see that you didn't answer me in PM XD. So I will help you here.
    You can also try with the classic Cresslia with his high defenses, Is a good poke and also very popular on VGC (very useful with IceBeam). Many players prefer to run it before a offensive Greninja (But Greninja is still powerful and awesome for me xD)

8. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I have quite a bit of experience in the VGC. You can ask me if you would like.

9. BoB backwards

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Actually, Cresselia isn't allowed in VGC. You can only use Pokémon in the Kalos Pokédex, but that will probably change in 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.