1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Anime If we could rewrite Ash’s Pokémon main continuity anime story

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ThomasP, Aug 13, 2023.

1. ThomasP

ThomasP PKMN Breeder

Eelie
    (Tynamo)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,958.3
    Okay, so the Pokémon main continuity anime TV series told a story in which Ash Ketchum has been an aspiring Pokémon Master, while Pikachu is his main partner Pokémon, and from throughout their anime story from the beginning of the Pokémon Indigo League seasonal premiere of Pokémon: I Choose You for Ash and Pikachu's prologue to the end of the To Be a Pokémon Master sub-seasonal finale of The Rainbow and the Pokémon Master! for their epilogue, Ash, Pikachu and all Ash’s friends from past to present, even including Misty, Togetic (as mainly Togepi), Brock, Tracey Sketchit, May, Max, Dawn, Piplup, Iris, Haxorus (as mainly Axew), Cilan, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, Dedenne, Lana, Kiawe, Lillie, Sophocles, Mallow, Rotom Pokédex, Goh and Grookey are the main protagonist heroes, while Jessie, James and Meowth of the Team Rocket Trio and Jessie’s Wobbuffet are the main antagonist villains.

(Ahem) So, if we could rewrite the Ash’s main continuity anime story, but absolutely without any copyright infringement past this point, here are my own questions that I have asked you:
    1. Do you think that any of the main protagonist heroes should've been fully skilled in their Pokémon training without absolutely without any incompetence? Why?
    2. Which kinds of Pokémon do you think that Ash and his friends and the Team Rocket Trio should or shouldn’t have, caught, kept on hand/in rotation, middle- and/or fully-evolved, released, traded or given away, returned or kept permanently in training by other Trainers, but not even so lately at all? Why?
    3. Which other heroes do you think should or shouldn’t have joined Ash’s gang? Why?
    4. Do you think that Ash should’ve won to the finals in the Indigo Plateau to Lumiose Conferences? Why?
    5. Do you think that May and Dawn should've won to the finals in the Hoennian, Kantonian and Sinnonian Grand Festivals? And you do you think that Serena should've won to the finals of the Master Class to become a Kalosian Queen? Why?
    6. Do you think the main protagonist heroes should’ve never lost, but only always won? Why?
    7. Can you come up with any of your other ideas on rewriting this anime? Why?
    8. Which Paldean and Generation IX Pokémon do you think that Ash and the Team Rocket Trio should or shouldn't obtain and fully evolve, even including in the wild? Why?
    Please let me know, thanks.;)

2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 31
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,731.8
    Warning: (possible) long post ahead

1. To a point--if they were already Pokémon masters, it wouldn't be as interesting. But at least be good enough at it to hold their own in the arena.

2. There are SO many Pokémon I would've cut and replaced--not just on Ash's team, but everyone else's too. In my imagined timeline, Team Rocket is gone after Johto (but they do make a brief return for the Battle Frontier arc (if you want me to elaborate on who I would've cut and replaced, let me know)

3. In my imagined timeline, Misty and Brock are by Ash's side for (almost) the whole journey--everything up to Shinou is kept as is, Misty and Brock return for Unova, Kalos is kept as is, but Misty and Brock make regular cameos, before rejoining Ash for PROPER Alola and Galar arcs (and Paldea too, since Ash isn't leaving my remixed animeverse)

4. Of the first six arcs, I would've rejiggered Shinou so he would have a fairer fight (no Legendaries), come in the quarterfinals of Unova, and win Kalos. Since my version of Alola follows the plot of Sun/Moon, with influences from Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, it is basically the "vacation gone horribly wrong" arc.

5. Yes, yes, and yes! In my imagined timeline, there's no battles in Contests (that always came across as weird to me). The Pokémon Showcase would be deleted and replaced with Contests, so Serena would compete in, and do well in, a Grand Festival for herself (since she does eventually compete in contests, why not make her a coordinator to begin with?

6. Then that wouldn't be very interesting--if they don't lose a few times along the way, they don't grow, and it makes it all the more sweeter when they DO win.

7. This is the entire premise of a long series of stories I like to call the Pokémon Anime Remix Project--so far, only Johto is complete, and Shinou is a good way in, but I hope to remix and reimagine the entire show

8. I don't want to spoil too much of my Paldea arc (which follows Scarlet), but I will say Ash and Brock each get Sprigatitos (Ash's is named Sage, and Brock's is named Ginger), and Misty gets a Quaxly (which she names after her sister Daisy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThomasP

ThomasP PKMN Breeder

Eelie
    (Tynamo)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,958.3
    Okay, thanks.:P

#3 Aug 13, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2023