1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If you could choose any three starter options...

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by guest, Jan 5, 2018.

1. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    ... which three Pokémon would you pick? Would you stick to the traditional fire, water, grass trio or would you experiment with new type options? How about the typical three-stage evolution? If you have reasons for your choices, be sure to add them too!

I think it would be interesting to have the starters all be of the same type, fitting in with the environment of the region at hand. Normal type starters would be interesting since they aren't super effective against other 'mons--it would be an interesting challenge at the beginning of the game! Igglybuff/Porygon/Whismur as an example! I doubt it would be very popular though!

2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I would love to see some later game randoms pop in as your starter to mix things up. A cool combo could be like- Barboach/Shuppet/Swablu or something of that sort.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Maybe have one universal kind of Pokémon and then give it a Leaf/Fire/Water stone when it reaches a certain level and you can pick which way you want it to go. This way, the starter will be similarly designed, but have its evolutions, stats, movesets and typings vastly different.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    If I was going with traditional Fire/Water/Grass, I'd have Torchic/Piplup/Rowlet, because birds are the best.

For something not so traditional...I dunno, maybe Pokémon that don't evolve as early as the starters, or have a slow EXP growth rate, to at least attempt to facilitate some sort of challenge? Deino/Gible/Bagon would be pretty interesting!

Or for a more traditional triangle, maybe Psychic/Dark/Fighting. For Gen V in particular it would have been cool if they'd deviated from the normal and gave you a choice of Solosis/Gothita (depending on your version), Sandile, and Timburr. Or Sandile, Litwick, and Sewaddle even, that seems a teensy bit more balanced type-wise.

Giving us a single Pokémon that doesn't evolve would be fun, especially if they had Mega Evolutions to compensate for that. Maybe Heracross, Mawile, and Aerodactyl?

5. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    A nice triangle of typing is Steel/Ground/Ice. I feel like these always work nicely, so no harm in them.

6. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Hmm... maybe a Fighting/Dark/Psychic triangle?

7. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    1. Fire=Litten
    2. Psychic= Espurr
    3. Water= Squirtle

8. smol kirboi

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽101.5
    your starter Pokémon has to be eevee but you also get a water, fire, or electric stone

9. Pyrophobic Quilava

Blader
    (Treecko)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,207.7
    So... Pokémon XD?

10. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Pokémon is actually kind if weird for giving a choice so early on. It would make more sense maybe to have you start off with a set Pokémon, which can then evolve into something of your choosing later on. Eevee's kind of perfect for that, actually. I wouldn't mind there being a smiliar Pokémon, but which only evolves into a fire, water, or grass type and depending on some factors other than evolution stones. Like if there was more of a roleplay element to the games where you can choose dialogue options, like in Mass Effect or something, what it evolves into would be tailored to your personality.

Pyrophobic Quilava likes this.
  11. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    I'd go for some other triad, like Ghost/Dark/Psychic (even though Ghost would be really weird to have at the beginning with Normal types and all)

Pyrophobic Quilava likes this.
  12. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Start your journey in Ultra Megalopolis so your options are Poipole, Poipole, or Poipole.