1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

If you wanna be my lover...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    What qualities in people do you find attractive, or look for when seeking a potential partner? Do you like to be wined and dined and swept off your feet, or are you more conservative and prefer a friendship that may or may not blossom over time? Are you a "love at first sight" sort of person, or do you need more?

I'm not going to apologise for this thread title btw

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I like the thought of romantic gestures, but I would probably feel anxious and awkward to be involved in anything like this (I feel anxious and awkward to just be the guest at a fairly casual wedding reception). I would probably definitely prefer a friendship that develops over time, and might become something more.
    I'm not really sure what I find to be attractive, but I think that a partner I would want to be with would be someone who is more outgoing than I am, but in a somewhat subdued kind of way. I would want to be with someone who pushes me to have social interactions and enjoy other's company, but would also help me to recognize when it's too much for me to handle.

I have no idea if that's unrealistic of me to want, as I've never really been in a relationship before, but I think that romantic partners should help each other to grow as individuals, without pushing them too far to hurt them.

3. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    As you shouldn't.

As for me, I fall for the considerate lots. Not, like, trying to sweep me off my feet or to do things for me but the people who are attentive enough to notice if I need something. Like, if I need a hand with something heavy, they're right there helping me out. If I seem upset about something, they'll help calm me down. That sort of thing. I'm not really one for huge romantic gestures or being showered with gifts or even people who try to do stuff for me specifically to impress me because to me, none of that says much about what you're like in a serious relationship. But if you're sweet and attentive about the little things, I'm like, "This one. This one is a keeper."

Also! I like people with great senses of humor and who make me feel generally safe (like, don't tease me or push me towards the bedroom but still know how to have a conversation). And of course, I'm all about friendship turned into lovers. (So much so that my shipping fics are aaaaallllll about that, lmao.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I find people who are gentle and bubbly to be the most attractive, especially if they have some things in common. Those you can have a long conversation with about anything and never get bored. If I couldn't spend time with someone and not feel at ease, I wouldn't be interested. At the same time I do not like being touched without warning. Having a personal bubble is everything to me. If someone I was dating didn't ask before hugging or holding my hand, I'd be uncomfortable around them.

The thought of dating someone without knowing them in advance terrifies me. At that point, you're basically just hoping you're compatible. In the microscopic chance someone I barely knew confessed, I'd wait until I knew them better before giving an answer.