1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

I'll get around to it somewhen...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Dawn, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    How many of you have a backlog of games? How many games are on it? Think you'll ever get around to finishing it?

Prior to discovering Steam, my backlog was sitting at around 100 games. Prior to my obsession with getting Platinum trophies (a habit I've sort of kicked but am looking to get back into) it was sitting around 30. Now its close to 300 and I despair of ever finishing it.

Does anyone else share my pain, or are you the sort of person who never buys a game unless they need to play it there and then? Ever bought something for later, only to find that later has never arrived?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I don't have a backlog of games that I own, I tend to buy, play then repeat. But I do have a handful of games I intend to purchase when I finish my current few games I'm playing just now.

The steam sales used to call to me but I straight up nope my way out of there hahah!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    The games in my backlog are not yet owned. I have plenty of desire to play them, but no money or time.

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I define a 'backlog game' as a game that I have started at some point, but have yet to finish to my satisfaction. I don't include any games I've yet to start (even if I one day plan to do so).

While my backlog is not exactly a large number, I do not like it getting larger, and I have thus been in the habit of not starting many new games unless I'm absolutely positive I can reasonably finish it within a handful of sittings or so, and keep myself devoted to it. For some games this is easy - others not so much.
    I prioritise reducing the backlog (or replaying games I've enjoyed) over starting new ones - which is probably why I haven't started Puzzle & Dragons Z or Secret Agent Clank, despite owning both of them. And sometimes a game will end up perpetually on the backlog, but I drop it because I simply don't care about the game anymore and/or couldn't get into it (like I did with Final Fantasy VI).

The backlog itself is smaller, but I prefer replaying older games more than starting new ones. I don't exactly know why that is, but I believe it's because I enjoy a return to the familiar.

5. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    I'm rather infamous for my backlog of games >>;; I have a bad habit of buying games on a whim and then replaying games I've already finished ehehe;; (a big reason why I'm avoiding PC gaming--there's no way Steam would be good for my wallet)
    I have between 300 and 400 games that I haven't gotten around to finishing and honestly it's probably gonna stay that way for a long while... :sweat: There's not enough time these days, alas.

6. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    If I don't intend to complete a game (unless it's a Pokémon game), I just sell it. If I'm going to spend a decent amount of money on a game, I'm going to see it through to completion as much as I can.

I think I learned this the hard way when I intended to finish Okamiden and I think at some point I dropped it altogether and never touched it again, eventually selling it. ._.

7. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    For me, it's the first Xenoblade Chronicles. I made it all the way to the final boss, and it angered me so much that I haven't touched the game in a while. I keep telling myself I'll go back and start grinding vigorously for this battle, but I still haven't done it. (Which is kind of funny considering I actually finished Xenoblade Chronicles 2 not too long ago)

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have a pretty big backlog but I am steadily working through it, also helped I sold a fair few games that I wasn’t planning on finishing.

9. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I've too many at the moment, getting into it would take ages xD But I do want to go back to games like Dark Souls 3 and Destiny to get my platinums (Only, like, two trophies off platinum on destiny 1 and 2)