1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Is Lysandre alive and plotting his next plan?

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by sohrob101, Jan 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohrob101

sohrob101 Destiny Draw!

PokéPoints:
    ₽80.7
    So we are now back to waiting for the next Pokémon game, and all i can say is, we have learned a lot from just the Delta Episode. Now I wanted to ask you the LV members to debate something that i did have similar in a post before, but i feel that this can easily be debatable. If you haven't beaten X and Y's story and have not finished the Pokémon Delta Episode, i suggest you don't read or debate yet until you have done so or at least spoiled yourself enough to have a point or idea on the matter.

SPOILERS START HERE!

So as many of you know, Lysandre tried to destroy a part of the Pokémon world, with the War Machine used 3000 years ago. Now if you recall when you the main character stopped Lysandre, and ran out of the machine, you noticed Lysandre never left the machine. In fact nobody saw him leave. So what gives? Did Gamefreak just let a character die/ imply one of the characters just died? Then here comes the mind twist and the debate. What if Lysandre did not die, but in fact end up like AZ. Think about it AZ was able to become immortal from the infinite energy, and seeing as that infinite energy crashed down back onto the machine, where Lysandre was still inside, could possibly mean that Lysandre was affected by the infinite energy. Oh but here comes some more connections. We have Devon corp, the company who gives you most of the key items in Hoenn. We find out in the delta episode that everything in Devon corp is ran by infinite energy (Let that sink in that there is a company in a Pokémon game, that has products run on the souls and energy of dead Pokémon). So what if Devon has been plotting something as well? Or what if Lysandre somehow contacted Devon? What if Devon helped Lysandre accomplish the revival of the machine in the first place? Then there the still unknown Project AZOTH that team magma and aqua seem to know about, and apparently Steven might know something too. So again what if Devon helped in terms of making the machine that harnessed the power of Yvetal or Xerneas? What if Devon had some connection or relation to Team Flare?! I mean lets face it Devon was able to put in the same amount of infinite energy that was inside the weapon inside a rocket! So Devon is totally capable of such things. Here's another thing to take in account, Devon has already tamed or controlled the power of infinite energy, so what if Lysandre came to Devon and asked for help (Again maybe Devon never meant to help the bad guys, but Lysandre could have honey potted them). Now finally we connect to the last piece that also is debatable. The next Pokémon games could be Pokémon Z or some sort of third version/sequel game. So here is another thing I want to debate on here. If Lysandre did survive, where is he now? How could no one see him leaving the rubble of the machine if he did survive? Well what if Lysandre found some sort of cave connection...that led to a certain green Pokémon... That's right i'm talking about Zygrade. What if Lysandre found Zygrade. This could mean that Lysandre now has a new goal, and a new power to work with here. He could be working behind the scenes right now and be attempting his next plan. What do you guys think by all of this? Do you think Lysandre is coming back for more? Maybe even revenge?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    His hair probably shielded him from the rubble, haha
    It would certainly be interesting to see it happen. He was keen on the idea of beauty lasting forever so him becoming immortal would link with that, too.

Phantom of Music likes this.
  3. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    If a Pokémon Z ever happens, then it would be great if Lysandre was still alive. I want a much better storyline this time xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    It's an interesting thought. and I remember being a little shocked to learn about the infinite energy and the link cable. It would make Lysander's actions a bit more understandable, since he notes there's still enough energy to fire it, but it doesn't do much destruction, he probably realized there was just enough for the immortality thing to work.

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    See, this is where the plots of X and Y diverge. In X you have Team Flare capturing the Life Pokémon Xerneas and using its life energy to fuel the Ultimate Weapon. But in Y you have them capturing the Destruction Pokémon Yveltal and using its death destruction energy to fuel the ultimate weapon. Now the question is, does the different energy have a different effect on the Ultimate Weapon?

My thought is yes. The life energy will make everyone caught up in it become immortal, while the destruction energy will destroy everything it touches. So since the energy fired from the weapon crashed down on Lysandre and the secret base, Lysndre may only be alive if you're following the plotline of X. Otherwise, he's more than likely dead.

6. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    If Pokémon Z were to come out, then I think that Lysandre would be back with a new plot or that the game would be a sequel and he has a new plot. I think that he survived and that he still wants revenge on the world.

7. Ryex

Ryex A nerd

PokéPoints:
    ₽26.7
    I would have to go with the still alive theory. It makes sense if AZ were made immortal because of that, then lysandre would be alive too. Also, this has nothing to do with Lysandre, but more so AZ. Look at his name, A,Z. Beginning of the alphabet and the end of the alphabet. Beginning and the End. Xerneas, the beginning of the life cycle, and Yveltal, the end of the life cycle. Then back to lysandre, what if he and AZ shared a common cause? End (Z) one age, and begin (A) another?

8. Ricken

Ricken

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    You bet! He is ready to go and take over the world again, mark my words. He is truly evil and he means business when it comes to taking over the world.

9. Phantom of Music

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Oh my god my mind is blown! How did you realize all this? I mean, there's no way he could,be survived; he was literally buried alive! But then again, it makes sense. But if Lysander were AZ, would't he want revenge?

sohrob101 likes this.
  10. Almiraj

Almiraj Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    I don't know if anyone thought of this, but... what if neither X nor Y are truly canon to Pokémon, and it's Pokémon Z that actually says what happened? Like how Emerald took place at the same time as Ruby and Saphire, but had a completely different plot. So what I'm guessing is that Z might merely be a retelling rather than the future. ...Just a guess.

11. Phantom of Music

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Yes, but think about it: If Lysandre WERE alive, more than likely he'd become AZ (and I like Doctor Whoi, and the present-future interactions of Lysandre are really confusing,) but remember how AZ just sort of talks in riddles, barely saying anything, but says enough to get the point across? Lysandre would talk your ear off about making a better world. Don't you think if Lysandre were back and he WAS AZ, that AZ would've been a lot more aggressive towards the character?

12. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Lysandre = AZ confirmed.

I think that the next game will be like Platinum and that the differences won't be enormous, so I don't think that we will have to worry about it.

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Seems pretty possible. Though I honestly have no interest in him. He was flat, boring and he honestly doesn't deserve a return, in my opinion.

14. Nator

Nator Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    We will see more of the story spill out int he sequel(s). I think AZ will play a bigger and more important role, and Team Flare will (hopefully) be executed better so we can take them a bit more serious. The return of Lysandre is inevitable. Something tells me he might go under a disguise of sorts in the next games...

15. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    I think Lysanders alive. I don't know how, but he's alive.
    I refuse to believe that he's dead.
    I wanna see his Minshao again~

16. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I think it depends on the version. In X, I think he did make it out as an immortal. In Y though, I think he died. The text is different for both games and it implies differently between X and Y.

17. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    Lysandre had a ton of wasted potential in the games, so I could definitely see him making a return so they can flesh out his character more. Both him and AZ deserve so much more character development then they got, so hopefully both of them return in a possible remake/sequel of XY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.