1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

It's improving, but could still be better...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, May 29, 2017.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    How satisfied are you with your life at the moment? Elaborate as much or as little as you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    It's not too well for me, I'm always sick, and I'm sorta "Stuck"? like I have no idea what it is I want to do with my life
    My family assures me I'm fine and I'll get there soon, but still

3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I've never been fully satisfied with my life, because I know I make too many mistakes that may or may not be good or bad. I sometimes feel like there's something for me to do, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Pretty satisfied. Anything was going to be an improvement on the fail of a year I experienced last year, so I'm content to be on placement this year and close to graduating, too.

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Everything is a new experience, a new way to learn, or an opportunity to make progress. While my life is far from anything close to 'perfect', I am in a decent enough place such that the potential to improve and move forward is definitely possible. There are a few things I wish were 'better', yes, but there's nothing I can say I generally dislike, overtly or otherwise.

I've felt this about my life for a long time, though I have gone through a few paradigm shifts since then. Who knows? I may go through another one in my future and see things differently again, yet still be satisfied because there is still always the potential to improve. As long as the possibility of being or going somewhere great exists, and as long as I preserve the relationships and friendships I have now, I will be content with where my life will be.

6. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    It's been a lot worse but I'm pretty pleased I'm so far managing to keep to my word regarding this year. I'm learning to drive, keeping committed with art and playing more video games which is what I wanted this year to be about.
    My anxiety and low emotion moods are still prevalent but they're being managed a little more.

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Life is rough, it is just very overwhelming right now. I am hoping that things wrap up soon and that I can finally be happy and contented again

8. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    Life is boring for me...feels repetitive, I feel everyone is a zombie when you walk out your house, going through the day as usual repetitively, life is repetitive and I have it, it isn't getting better but I feel cheated, I want to matter in this world

9. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I guess my life is okay. I got my license in February(yay!), and everything is okay at home, but at this point I'm just done with people. I don't have any close friends even though I have a bunch of "friends" at school. And during the school year, everything just feels really repetitive. I'm just glad this school year is over(no more stress! For now...) and I hope I'll be happier next year during my last year of high school. So, it's been rough, but I hope it'll get better.

10. Teddybear2345

Teddybear2345 Which is cooler, to be cool, or uncool?

PokéPoints:
    ₽529.7
    Rage Candy Bar ★★★Bicycle ★★Razz Berry ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Slowpoke Tail ★★★★
    It is kind of quiet. But as long as I have family and the friends I do.
    Then it's all good :)

And when I am creative and music flows.
    That makes my life even better still.

I have deep trust issues.
    Gonna have to work around that, but it's a work in progress.

11. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    My life is so much better than 4 years ago. I am still not entirely happy, but I am getting there. Step by step, I am getting closer to being happy and whole.

12. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Life can always be better, just putting effort sometimes is not enought. I think that a bit of luck is appreciated.
    I would like to be paying more attention to sports but I am better than before with my family and friends so that is a point for me :D

13. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I am much happier than I was a couple years ago, but lately I know that I haven't been working myself to my full potential and that if I want to be better, I'm going to have to start working harder. High school is competitive and I'm already out of the running for valedictorian (thanks to one class that the school made me take for moving in from a different country T_T) but that doesn't mean that I should just give up and slack off! I'm working on bettering myself for the next school year.

14. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    My life definitely isn't perfect, but it's better than before. I don't regret any of the choices that led me to what happens in my life, because they are my choices; nobody else advises me on them. They define me. I can be proud of them, even if other people aren't.
    I don't feel like I have a purpose in life; something I can devote myself to. I've tried school. but I can't do it. I keep pushing myself to further 'habits' and such, to try to find my niche, and I haven't landed on anything I could do. All in all, I'm not looking forward to school, but it's something to do, to fill the hours, however pointless it is to me.
    I need to work out some trust issues I have with other people. I've found someone I can trust completely. It's a step. I'm getting there.
    #MissingNo

15. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    It's going well for me, but I'm not getting as many hours for work as I would like. My family insists on me getting a second job, but I'm not so sure... I'm thinking of doing commissions instead, but I'm not too confident on how to organize them. Hmm...

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Lately I've found that a lot of the 'improvement' I've had to make is internal. There are a fair amount of patterns, behaviour inclinations, and other small things that I still do, that simply aren't healthy for me, and therefore by extension aren't healthy for those around me. Much of what I've been trying to do lately is slowly weed those out so they don't come back. I don't intentionally do these things as I try to be focused on those around me, though human beings are selfish by nature so it's a continual process to correct myself.

I have one suggestion, that you can take or leave as you see fit. Have you seen or considered what you might be able to do for others - either your close friends, or just people around you in general - to make yourself valuable or helpful to them?
    My experiences aren't the same as everybody's, but I've found that trying to look inward for some purpose or meaning to life hasn't actually helped me, as there's nothing there to really derive. On the other hand if I help people out where I can - either by direct assistance, or just by enriching their lives or making things a bit more bearable (or funny) - then I'll always be able to find something to do for somebody.

I'm not sure how much of that will help you, or if it's relevant to your situation, but I hope it will give you at least some guidance of what you think might help, or where you want to go.