1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

jetwhiskey's NuzWonder Challenge

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by jetwhiskey, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Well, I've been playing the games for quite a while now, and I used to be against the whole nuzlocke thing. But, one day I decided to try it out, and found it to be an interesting challenge...however, I also found it to be frustrating at times, with how hard the gyms get later on. I thought about trying out the wonderlocke, but that too was difficult, the reason being that most of the time you only end up getting the Pokémon from the first few routes. So, while doing some studying of all the rules, and playing it out a little I have come up with a new challenge, something that combines ideas from both lockes.

So, without further ado, I give you the NuzWonder Challenge.

The basic rules of the traditional Nuzlocke apply, with some changes:
    • You can only capture the first Pokémon you meet in an area...however, if the Pokémon you meet is one you already have, then you only have to catch the first uncaught Pokémon you meet. Another addition to the rule is that if you happen to faint the first Pokémon you meet then you can catch the second one, however, if you faint the first two Pokémon you meet, and both are ones that you haven't caught already, then that area becomes dead.
    • You must nickname each Pokémon you catch.
    • You cannot use an healing items unless you are in battle. However, while in battle, if a Pokémon faints, you can only use a revive on it once, if it faints a second time then it is considered "dead weight".
    • If you need to use an HM to continue, but have no Pokémon you that can use the HMs needed, then you have the option of searching for one that can use it. However, you may not use the Pokémon for battle, and as soon as you reach the next town/city you must release it back to the wild.
    Now, for the most important rule, the one that makes this challenge interesting. Usually, in a Nuzlocke challenge when your Pokémon faints it is considered dead, and must be released. In my challenge there is a bit of a twist...instead they are considered as "dead weight", and as soon as the battle is finished you must use the wondertrade and trade out all "dead weight" for new Pokémon. All of the Pokémon you receive must be used until you reach the next town. Once you reach the next town you are allowed to swap out ONE of your wondertrade Pokémon with whatever you have in your PC.

Well, that's it for now, if I come up with any optional rules I'll add them. Try it out and tell me what you think.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,894.8
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Man, I'd love to try this, but it will have to go onto my to play list. Sigh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Automatic generated message
    This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason: Inactive thread

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    Lake Valor Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.