1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lake Valor Draft League (LVDL) - Competitive Pokémon Battling Competition

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Reborn, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Showdown Name: Thunder
    Team Name: The Gloucestershire Greninjas
    Timezone: IST- 5 to 6;30

I have a question, are we allowed to join other people's teams?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Sorry you aren't allowed to join other people's teams. But teamwork between teams is greatly encouraged.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thunder

Thunder The Alolan Archer

PokéPoints:
    ₽88.1
    Okay, it was just a thought, am I accepted?

4. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3

Sorry, Bionic Puppy and Azure have confirmed they have read the rules meaning we have 16 teams which is the limit :/

5. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    How fun would it be to incorporate the LV community in this. They could be fans or even extra analysts for the battles. The problem is...who actually cares?

Shada likes this.
  6. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    It would be pretty cool to have people outside of the league still take interest in it or lend a hand in teambuilding, but it doesn't really matter whether they do or don't.

Anyway, on to an announcement.

As everyone should be aware, the draft has been scheduled to take place on the 5th of December (Next Saturday) at 10pm. Please let me know via PM if you are able to make it. If we have too many people come back saying they are not able to make it then it will be rescheduled. It should last a little bit over 2 hours (since there are 192 picks to be made) and each of you will have 45 seconds to make each pick.

7. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Sent you a PM. How will the draft actually be done?

8. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    About the whole postponing a pick for the next round thing, I think it would be fair for a person that picks up a Mon from a lower tier early, should use the first round of the next tier to finish the previous round's draft. So say I pick up an RU mon in the last U round, I have to pick a UU mon in the first RU Round so that way it will be more fair. That way I can't take advantage and have 2 RU Mons worth a 1st round pick before the second round even starts.

9. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Wait what? I don't understand what you mean by the last sentence. And I don't see why you should have to give up your second RU pick for having picked your first RU pick earlier. You already have to delay one of your UU picks which for the most part are more valuable. Everybody has the ability to postpone their picks, so nobody has any advantage.

I would recommend reading the section on the draft on the first page.

10. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    Ok what I meant was say if it was the last UU round and I didn't care about any of the other UU mons left so I pick up an RU mon. And then in the first round I pick up another RU mon and just delays the UU pick till later. That means I get 2 mons worth a 1st round RU pick. So basically I feel like are Mons who are good enough for a first round pick not depending on whether it fits your team or not. They're so good that it would be considered a steal in the later rounds. Picking up an RU mon that is worth a 1st round pick in the UU draft and then the draft an RU mon in the first round. Over all it gives me 2 Mons worth a 1st round pick and another Mon while anyone that drafts normally gets one worth a 1st round, 2nd round, and 3rd round. Then again it may not matter based on what people want but in my opinion i would be more fair if you use your first round pick to finish the previous draft. (Confusing? y/y whatever)

11. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Why not just make it so you can only postpone your second or first pick?

12. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    Yeah sure but who would actually postpone their first two picks? I wouldn't. But it'll just be fine with the way it is I guess.

13. Vepsis

Vepsis Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I think it should be like if coach postpons, it should be for example be like this;
    We're currently in UU tier and someone has a eye on sertain RU mon. He does postpone it. And once we are in RU tier he has to use his first RU pick to pick his last UU mon from the once witch are left.

14. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Sounds fair enough, but won't it take to much time when there's soooo many picks? Also, what if more than person decides to postphone their pick?

15. Vepsis

Vepsis Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Everyone has a option to do it when it's their turn, atleast that's how I understood it. and having timelimit of 45sec will keep the draft going smoothy :]

16. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Yeah, but if multiple people postphone their pick at the same time, who gets to pick first?

17. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    It'll just be in the regular draft order. Instead of going in order and picking UU picks, they'll just pick the RU mons.

18. Vepsis

Vepsis Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    well.... first of all you can do postpone pick when it's actually your turn to pick a mon during the draft. secondly if other ppl has done it before you the order stays the same on witch order ppl has chosen to postpone pick. for example if your picking your last mon in OU and I'm after you, and you choose to postpone pick a mon from UU and I'll do the same after you... you would go first. And once we get to first round of UU mons, we have to pick our last OU mon with that pick since so far we would have only 2 OU mons and 1 UU.

19. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Fair enough, that makes sense. It's up to Reborn to decide on the rules though.

20. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I guess we can make it so that people have their last UU pick on their first RU pick. And so everybody is clear, this isn't just UU and RU, it's relevant to every tier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.