1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lake Valor Draft League (LVDL) - Competitive Pokémon Battling Competition

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Reborn, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Oh sorry for not being more clear. The battles are to start next week and you have until the end of the week after to finish your first round of battles. I'm starting to think it would make more sense to start on the 14th (next Monday). This is because I assume most people will be free at the weekend, so they will be able to team build during the week and have their battles during the weekend. Would that be okay with everybody? If this would be the case the round 1 battles would be from the 14th to the 20th. We would then probably take a break for a week since the 20th-27th is during the Christmas period.

As for the replays, they are due by the end of that week, but preferably they would be sent as soon as the battle is over so I can look them over and make sure nobody broke any rules or anything.
    I'll PM you them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    But I already built my team and the 13th is my 14th birthday so I'll definitely win :( :P

But no just kidding, starting at the 14th is fine for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I've got a team in mind as well :P All the more time to test it I guess. And that's good to hear :)

4. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I think it'll be best if we start at the weekend, then we can get it over sooner

5. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I don't think 2 days will make that much of a difference and it will make the whole process a lot easier if people can just teambuild in the weekday and battle in the weekend. It's a long league and anything that makes it easier for people to be able to have their battles seems like a good idea, even if it means ending 2 days later.

6. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Just to make sure, it's illegal to have a Greninja with Gunk Shot, Low Kick or both in its moveset, right? In the OP it says "Greninja without Gunk Shot and Low Kick", which is kinda confusing to me. Maybe I'm just stupid though.

7. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Yes sorry for the wording on that. Yes both the moves Gunk Shot and Low Kick are banned on Greninja. Still it's a powerhouse as I'm sure you know from reading your blog :)

8. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Of course, I also hope you're not too salty about me picking your mascot. Blastoise is still my favorite Pokémon >_>

9. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Lmao I was kidding :) I just wanted him as a rapid spinner anyway

10. Garudarocks

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    If it makes you feel any better, I have 3 mascots xD

11. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    I feel like there should be rules for disconnecting, whether intentionally or by accident. In the UCL they tried to re-create what happened but that works since they're Youtubers and they're trustworthy and they upload the teambuilding videos.(Not calling any of you guys dirty cheating rats or anything.) I just feel like there should be rules to prevent the changing of sets or EV spreads.

12. Vepsis

Vepsis Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I think a god way preventing cheating on that manner would be so every coach has to show his prep for the match. that way everyone can double check with damage calculator has someone changed his EV spreads after disconnected. And it would be interesting to see everyones thought process with their prep like we are going to see replays from the battles :]
    And the prep would be showed after the match ofc :D

13. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    That's a good way of doing it but what's preventing someone to changing their prep?

14. Vepsis

Vepsis Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    True. I think we should have someone who we should send our preps everytime before the match. Like Reborn for example. Bechose that someone has to be like who wouldn't share the information until after the battle and not give any advange to opposing team. But we still needed someone else besides Reborn to be one who sees the prep before the battle bechose ofc Reborn can't have the information of his opposing team witch his facing during the week.

15. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    Yeah I think it would be best if we had an outside party not associated with the LVDL to see the sets. But if no one wants to do it then Reborn can do it along with another person and they can have half the battles and Reborn gets the other half.

Maantijger likes this.
  16. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I agree and disagree. I understand that people cheating in that way is a serious issue, but honestly I'm not sure it's a big enough problem to force everybody to send me their teams every week. I'm not sure about whether disconnects are frequent on the LV showdown server (I'd presume they're even less frequent) but they aren't particularly often on the normal showdown server. I suppose if somebody knows that they have shaky internet then they can send me their team but I don't think it will be an issue. If somebody selects the wrong team then they should forfeit the match and send a rematch as soon as humanly possible (and inform their opponent that that's what they're going to do) as they would not have time to change any sets.

Tbh I just don't see the point in cheating in a way like that. It's not like this tournament is for money or anything.

East likes this.
  17. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    This. I don't expect the people on here to be pathetic enough to cheat like this. Even if they tried to, the only thing they'd be able to change would be a few moves and spreads, which, even from a cheater's point of view, is in no way worth it. Like Reborn said, this tourney isn't about money or anything, it's for fun and honor. it's just not worth it to take such measures every round. The rule itself isn't bad, but I don't think it's needed either.

18. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    Will you update the scores/ release the battles right when you get them or will you wait until you get all of them before you update everything. I would like it if you would wait to get all the battles before updating the scores or making the battles public because I want to release my teambuilder first after I have my battle and then update with the battle replay afterwards when everything is in. But if you're just uploading the scores right when you get them then that's fine too.

19. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I'll most likely update the main thread once a week with the updated leaderboard and replays.

20. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Between which times do the battles have to be played?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.