1. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lake Valor Draft League (LVDL) - Competitive Pokémon Battling Competition

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Reborn, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    14th-20th

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UltraHaxorus

PokéPoints:
    ₽36.8
    Are you fine with me posting my battle on my blog before all the battles are in or would you like me to wait to post my battle after you get all the replays? Obviously assuming my opponent allows his battles to be shared publicly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pitmore

Pitmore Mild Internal Pain

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    Will we have a week break where we prep or not?

4. Gentlemenian

Gentlemenian Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    The way it generally works is you'll have a battle once a week. Otherwise the league would take way too much time. I believe there was some talk of potentially giving everyone next week off for the holidays (don't quote me on that as I'm unsure if it's actually going to happen), but aside from that the battles will be happening every week.

5. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    This. The idea is that you have the week to prepare your team and organise a time with your opponent to have your battle, then have your battle later in the same week. Otherwise it would take 30 weeks...

Yeah of course that's fine.

6. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    OK!

This is gonna be fun...

7. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Rap and I are gonna do our battle today, if that's fine.

We've had this planned for a while so.

8. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    That's fine. Honestly have your battles whenever you want as long as they are finished and sent to me by the deadline. So if having your battles during the week before is more convenient for both you and your partner that's fine :)

9. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Me and Jetman have agreed to do our battle in two days time.

10. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Gentlemenian and I just finished our battle. Came down to a roll but it was good battle. Extremely close.

Gentlemenian likes this.
  11. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    It was a great battle :) Some really nice predictions on both sides and really came down to the wire. So far I've had exactly half of the battles in and the battles only started today lol. It's great that you guys seem to really be enjoying the league :D

I will edit the original post with the replays I have received since I haven't had any body say they would prefer that I don't. I have also sent them all to bionic for analysis.

For anybody who hasn't had their battles yet, don't worry you have until the end of the week. We just have a bunch of eager beavers :P

12. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I have updated the original post with trades (Jetman and I have made one which will be effective for next week in time for our battle). Feel free to make trades now effective for next week :)

I have also updated the post with his battle against Sachi.

13. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    Just to let everybody know, I have decided we will be skipping next week since it seems to be far more convenient for everybody.
    Round 2 battles will begin on the 28th December and end on the 3rd of January.
    I will be sending a group PM notifying everybody of this as well.

14. Shada

Shada netflix binging

(Taillow)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽252.7
    Repel ★Charizardite X ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Bottle Cap ★★★★★
    Me and @[member="Kouhai"] had a great battle! Kudos for him on winning!

15. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I've updated the original post with all of the most recent battles. The Articunos and Clefairys have yet to have their battle, I have given them until tomorrow at midnight to have their battle or the clefairys will be given the win (since the articunos were making it awkward to set up a time by not responding).

Also, Vepsis has unfortunately been banned from LV for advertising. He will however continue to be a part of the league, but battles with him will need to occur on the regular showdown server. I believe Bionic Puppy has agreed to help organise battle times between him and his opponent.

16. Pitmore

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I have indeed, if any of his opponents need to contact me, send a PM to me and I'll copy/paste it right to him!

17. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Would be nice if you could add the dates to the fixture. I'm kinda confused when round 4 will start? :sweat:

18. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    The next round starts every Monday. So round 3 started on the 4th of January. Round 4 will start on the 11th.
    Do you have an update on your battle with the Articunos?

19. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    Not yet, sorry. Maybe we can call it a draw or something?

20. Reborn

Reborn Signature Creator

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.3
    I think it would be best if we make a note of the battles which never took place and have these battles closer to the play-offs. As to not waste people's time, the players will only need to have their missed battles if there is a possibility for them to contest for a spot in the play-offs. So for example, if somebody wouldn't have enough wins to have the same number of wins as other people in the top 4, they will not have to play their battle (unless they want to).

This is because Dextarr has told me he won't be able to have our battle this week as he's in the hospital, and I imagine more people will be unavailable as the league progresses.

Remember everybody that battle replays are due by Sunday for this week, I haven't received many so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.