1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by ChocoChicken, Sep 25, 2018.

1. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    DISCLAIMER: This roleplay contains 0% good story, 75% your characters and 100% stupidity. It also requires little to no previous knowledge of Kirby. This will not follow the story of Kirby Star Allies, either, so don't worry about spoilers. In fact, no canon characters appear, unless you count Kawasaki.

This RP was inspired by my playthrough with @Fchicken77 and the Smash Bros RP.

Essentially, the world of Planet Popstar is a peaceful place. That is, until some people decide that they're strong enough to go on an adventure.
    Heads up... they're not.

Rules:
    - Refer to the Species/Ability sheet. Search up the character names (on the right) if you're confused about what they are.
    - No fanmade abilities or species.
    - Give your characters flaws and make them believeable.
    - The ability stays at its base ability. No randomly making your sword a Flame Sword. It stays a sword. You can get abilities during the RP.
    - I have removed all useless/OP abilities such as Festival, Crash, and Sleep.
    - No Dream Friends, because those are 1. canon characters and 2. completely and absolutely broken. (Trust me. I could use Dark Meta Knight with my eyes closed and still get through several bosses.)

Signup Forms:
    Name:
    Ability/Species: (Refer the the ability List below.)
    Color: (There's a regular color, a Yellow, a Blue, and a Green version of every species.)
    Personality:
    Why are they here? (Why your character thought it'd be a good idea to form/join this ragtag band of adventurers.)
    Trivia: (Anything else.)

List of Abilities (and species that goes with them) (and also how they work)
    Notes:
    - You can ask me about an ability to get a more in-depth explanation and full moveset.
    - "E" next to an ability means it is an elemental ability, allowing it to add elements to other abilities. "I" is an Incompatible ability, meaning it cannot give or receive any elemental abilities. Abilities that fit in neither are put in combinations below.

- Artist/Vividria (i): Allows you to paint your enemies to death. You can also draw food and eat it.
    - Beam/Waddle Doo (E(Zap/Plasma)): Fire a short chain of energy from a wand. And that's all.
    - Beetle/Beetley (I): Literally just Suplex. Uses grab-and-throw attacks with a horn. Also allows you to make annoying noises that don't do anything.
    - Bomb/Poppy Bros Jr: Now you can throw bombs. You can also hold bombs and wait for them to explode while holding them.
    - Cleaning/Broom Hatter (E(Bluster/Wind)): Sweep the floor. Who even came up with these abilities?!
    - Cook/Chef Kawasaki (I): You can cook things and heal things. "Things" directly translate to your friends. (Don't worry, somehow they don't get hurt.)
    - Cutter/Sir Kibble: You have a boomerang. But it's also a knife.
    - ESP/NESP (I): While standing still, summon a giant ball of killer psychic energy. But you can't move while doing that. Yay.
    - Fighter/Knuckle Joe (I): You can now hit your enemies. And throw your friends. They
    - Fire/Burning Leo (E): You breathe fire. You can also turn into fire and blast yourself around.
    - Hammer/Bonkers: HAMMER TIME. 'Tis all.
    - Ice/Chilly (E): You can breathe ice and give yourself a frozen shield.
    - Ninja/Biospark: Uses both projectile and melee attacks, and you can also disappear at points, dodging enemy fire. Better than the nonexistent Pirate ability.
    - Parasol/Parasol Dee (E(Water)): I'M MARY POPPINS! Allows you to float in the air, and yo ucan slap people with your brella.
    - Plasma/Plugg (E): Shoot sparks of electricity at people. You can charge it up, too.
    - Spider/Como (I): Make webs, shoot webs, and watch as literally everyone runs from you.
    - Staff/Jammerjab: A staff is a handy long-range melee weapon. But I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be using it to pole vault.
    - Stone/Rocky (I): Turn into a rock in mid-air and ground pound. You're invincible when you're a rock, too. Just don't forget to turn back into... uh... a rock.
    - Suplex/Bugzzy (I): Literally just Beetle. Grabs opponents and throws them around.
    - Sword/Blade Knight: Hey, it's the guy who gives Kirby a Link hat! (You have a sword.)
    - Water/Driblee (E): Use Surf, Water Pulse, and even Water Gu- wait, wrong game.
    - Whip/Wester: A good substitute for helicopter blades.
    - Wing/Birdon (E): Shoot feathers! What, you expected to be able to fly? It's Kirby. Everone, including the literal ROCK, can fly.
    - Yo-Yo/Gim: Walk the Dog... over everything in your path. Surprisingly deadly.

List of Compatible Abilities that aren't Elemental + All-Compatible: (This list is here in case you know someone else and want to team up with them to create an ability)
    - Rock + ESP
    - Rock + Bluster/Ice/Water
    - Rock + Artist
    - Water + Ice/Plasma
    - Fire + Bluster

Signups are STILL OPEN. I am only accepting 3 people (doubt that many will sign up). This is now a first-come-first-served sign-up.

Now someone please remind me why I was dumb enough to do this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    PoserPanda likes this.
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    Name: Kuno
    Ability/Species: Ninja/Biospark
    Color: Blue
    Personality: Cold and enigmatic. She tends to be very blunt when talking to others. Some say she's stoic, while others say that she's just socially awkward. She tends to act very full of herself but actually suffers from poor self-esteem.
    Why are they here?: To train and improve himself.
    Trivia: Has an irrational fear of reptiles and amphibians.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    @BZRich64 Since you're the only one who signed up, do you want to make this a 1x1 RP? My character is below.

Name: Rosa
    Ability/Species: Artist/Vividria
    Color: Green
    Personality: Rosa is a motherly-like artist that tends to be very overprotective of her friends. She panics easily, and also tends to worry about trivial things. She is also a bit of a perfectionist, and will make annoyed comments on things that she finds "irritating", such as a loose thread or a spot on the wall.
    Why are they here? She believes that what she thinks is "just a quick trip" outside will help her artistic abilities as well as inspire her.
    Trivia: For some reason, she has a strange obsession with clouds.

4. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    My suggestion would be to start this out as a 1x1 but leave the signups open in case someone wants to join in later.

5. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Sure! I'll make the thread in a bit.

6. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I've got a little something. I played the demo of this game, and played through as under-powered as possible. It made the game last a lot longer. As ya'll are doing a 1x1 now, I am willing to wait for a new story, or an opening.

Ability/Species: - Whip/Wester: A good substitute for helicopter blades.

Color:
    Green. Mint green?

Personality:
    Slow and harmless looking, as if she were more akin to a worm. When her whip bites, those sorry suckers are proven...right? She might not be very good at the whip, and may use it for more mundane activities. Like a really useless bracelet. Or Strangling her foes. Wait, no. She tripped over it and has tangled herself. Somehow.

Why are they here?

The other heroes look more formidable, so maybe she can learn something from them. Also someone may have spit a heart at her face and now she doesn't have much choice, except to be friendly with her new teammates.

Trivia: What's my name?

Hint 1 - First letter, sounds like a surprised exclamation.
    Hint 2 - An onion minus one repeating letter, signs the rest of her name.
    Olek is my name. I was going to attack you guys but hugs for everyone, I guess?

7. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Thanks for the signup! It's perfect! I'll ask @BZRich64 if they mind adding you in and when we can, and I'll try to get you in ASAP.

PoserPanda likes this.
  8. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    I'm fine with it. In fact, you could probably join in now, if you wanted to. I would just request reading what we've done so that your up to speed. We practically just started, so it won't take long.

PoserPanda likes this.
  9. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    I'll read and reply very soon. Thanks for letting me join so quickly.

10. BZRich64

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,021.5
    The BZRich64 x Choco part of the RP thread's title should probably be removed now.

PoserPanda likes this.
  11. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,351.7
    Sure! I'll get it.

PoserPanda likes this.
  12. PoserPanda

SS EGG 2
    (Giratina Egg (Altered))
    Level 74
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,173.3
    Sorry I left ya'll waiting for a day. I thought I was watching the thread, but probably not. I'll watch both from now on, and I'll be logging on everyday to check back as well.

I also thought that BZRICH64 would be able to get a reply in, but I see now that this wasn't the plan.

#12 Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018