1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

least favorite villains from video games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Grand Rizer, Oct 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Rizer

Grand Rizer PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽984.9
    there's always gonna be those villains that you just can't love. wether there very stupid, very bland personalities, or you just can't outright stand them. so who is your least favorite villain(s) from any video game series

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,034.9
    Most bad guys that I don't like are usually because their fights are hard, but an off putting personality AND a hard fight is a good way for your villian to land on my "dislike" list.

The red mage from Bravely Default--not only was he a creep with a capital C, he was HARD--on EASY mode!

Liza and Tate were relatively easy in OR/AS, but Emerald...I HATED that fight--so much so that the whole state heard my victory cry when I finally beat them

But Ghestis deserves a special mention--not only is he the epitome of evil in story, he had a hard fight to boot (this is usually why I make an evil dragon in Pokemonized fairy tales a Hydreigon)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    When I think of a 'least favourite villain' in this context, I don't think of a villain that is ineffectual at his job yet has other redeeming features to him (e.g. Dr Eggman of the Sonic series), nor do I think of a villain that is an utterly detestable character by the players or the cast yet is remarkably good at what he does (e.g. Monokuma of Danganronpa), or occasionally both of these at once (e.g. Bowser of Mario).

No, for me, for a villain to fall into this designation, they have to be utterly horrible at both. And I have a few.

Mega Man Star Force 1
    Pretty much all of the FM-ians, with the exception of Gemini. Granted, that is probably because they were all set up to be a Mook of the Week, but this distinction even seemed to extend upward to their leader, Cepheus. This is largely because Cepheus has been in the background the entire game; for all intents and purposes of the plot, the FM leader is Gemini - who plays his part extremely well. Cepheus just shows up once at the end, and once you beat his ultimate weapon, he just gives up after a Power of Friendship speech on the part of Mega Man. While this is standard fare for Battle Network and Star Force games, the delivery just seems so very weak in this game. It's not that I disliked Cepheus at all. It's that he bored me. It is possible for a game to have the second-in-command to be the most visible, while the villain lurks in the shadows (Final Fantasy IV is a prime example of this), but I feel like MMSF1 lacks on the delivery.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
    Kamek. Yes I know he is not exclusive to this game, but this was the game where I got annoyed with him. Does he ever actually do anything? It wasn't until the fight with him near the end of Dream Team that I ever considered him as a credible threat. And I know Bowser's minions have a penchant for being amusing, but Kamek seems to be a weird exception, being a lot less funny than the others. Then again, he does have to share the spotlight with the Elite Trio, who far out-goof any villains ever. Perhaps I'm just biased, but Kamek just seems so out-of-place as a character.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Vaati. From the very start of the game it is immediately apparent that he is the main villain. He initially appears as some child who despite his young appearance has a lot of power to back him up. So of course he starts with (literally) stoning Princess Zelda. However, the more you learn about him, the more you realise that on the inside he really is just a spoiled brat. Skull Kid from Majora's Mask is one of these as well, and while I've never played that game, what I gather is that at the very least Skull Kid is amusing. Vaati isn't. And perhaps I was babied with his initial incarnation in Four Swords, but seeing him in this state in Minish Cap is underwhelming. Granted, he did do a lot of sneaky business while executing his plans (such as capturing and then impersonating the king for a very large chunk of the game), but for me it wasn't enough to get past the whiny kid persona.

That's all for now. I may edit more in later.

4. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    #JohnZena

5. Almiraj

Almiraj Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    Misanthropic villains or any villain that wants to destroy the human race. Frankly, I feel like the idea that humans are the absolute good is one of the biggest cancers to any form of media: It's basically the idea that ONLY humans and those that look almost exactly like us get to be good. EVERYTHING ELSE, no matter how cute or innocuous looking, is evil and out to kill the human race. Plus, what I hate about misanthropic villains is that it's more or less demonetization of a very misunderstood concept. Misanthropy isn't hatred of all humans and the wish to see all humans die, but it is more the general mistrust of humans and the dislike for many of the evil things that powerful humans do and teach to others to create a warped, normal society. I mean, is it really impossible to have a misanthropic character that's NOT trying to destroy the human race? Plus we have all these heroes who are out to save the human race and ONLY humans. Not nature, not the ocean, not an ancient force that's protecting the earth: JUST humans. Everything else can choke.

6. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I think the word you're looking for is 'demonization'.
    'Demonetization' is the process of devaluing currency.

Browser spell-checkers are not the most reliable things in the world.

7. Almiraj

Almiraj Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    Yeah, that's what I meant, and yeah, spellcheck fail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.