1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lego Games, What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Getus, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    So I was looking through my many stacks of games when I came across a classic, at least in my mind. Lego Star Wars. It's no secret I'm a massive Star Wars nerd and as a child, I loved playing with Lego... Except for when I stood on it, then I hated it with a passion. When I saw this game I got started down a long and cruel path of what ifs. What if they made games based on other franchises? What if they moved to the lesser known shows/movies? Hell, what if they looked into anime.

What Lego games would you be interested in seeing? These can range from anime to already existing games, really whatever your mind thinks up. For me? I'd love to see a Lego version of Assassination Classroom and The Mummy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Xarn and FireSpartan5 like this.
  2. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I have to agree the lego star wars games are probably the best lego games they've made so far, although I am very keen to play the newest episode I found that the ps3 version was too large and overwhelming for me (I get lost in big 3D environments) and the 3ds version actually crashed and lost progress! Which is the first game I've ever had to do so, and it being brand new and the 3DS being a new3ds model there seems to be no excuse except that it's poorly made?

I also greatly enjoyed the Harry Potter lego entries for PC a long time ago but I'm guessing they would be quite dated to look back on now. Oh actually, speaking of best lego game, the lego theme park game on PC was AWESOME and I'd still like to play it now if i can find a way to make it work on a mac haha

I'd probably want to see something that actually allows for a more freeform experience rather than more franchise games, usually because although it's a great idea to combine two awesome things, franchise games are often really poorly made and rushed out for the sake of profiting during peak hype time for the franchise. Perhaps what would be nice is a main game (aka sims style) that we can add lego expansions to, so I could play freeform but add story and content and pieces from harry potter sets with a HP expansion pack, but then easily avoid doing so for things I'm not interested in (like Batman haha).

I think balancing between scripted plot and freedom is important, I want to try out the latest Lego Worlds but based on reviews it still struggles with being fiddly to control and balance between plot and freeform creation. So I'm guessing something similar to that but with more expansive potential and better controls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'd like them to not use the same formula.

Bear in mind, I still own the first LEGO Star Wars on PC, and while I haven't played it in several years, I still have very fond memories of the game (despite the fact that I don't like any Star Wars films whatsoever), not because it was silly (even though it could be), but because it was fun. Since that I've seen gameplay for various other LEGO games since, like Batman, Harry Potter, and one or two others. They had the exact same format as Star Wars: you have 4 HP, you run around defeating enemies and collecting coins (while snooping around for the rare collectibles), and you advance through the stage by building things out of the LEGO scraps you see.

While that formula is generally very solid (no pun intended), you can only use the same formula so often before it becomes stale. This leads many to the mentality that "if you've played one LEGO game, you've played them all", and it's really hard to deviate or disagree from that mindset.
    Granted, they might have done this - I haven't paid attention to the LEGO games at all since the launch of the XBox 360 - but I'm not sure LEGO actually knows how to consistently make good video games, and as long as the tasks and formula continue to be the same, there won't be any interest for me to investigate new titles; after all, why bother looking out for a new game that flows exactly the same as what I have already?

Getus likes this.
  4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I loved the lego Star Wars games when I was younger, I still probably would if I could find them. I have also briefly played games like lego Batman and a couple others, but didn't get into them as much. I would love to see a Ninjago game. Wait, those exist already? Oh yeah, it's just that they suck. I would love to see a good Ninjago game.

Getus likes this.
  5. KrazyK

KrazyK The KRAZYEST member on LV!!!

Laxus
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.7
    Beast Ball ★★★★Thunder Stone ★★★Lucky Punch ★★★★★
    Coz i am a FT fan and and Pokémon fan i kinda wish they would make them

Reason behind lego Pokémon: because it would be pretty cool
    Reason behind lego Fairytail: coz it hasnt got a english game and it probably wouldnt ever have one

Getus likes this.
  6. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Yache Berry ★★Amulet Coin ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    I l-o-v-e-d LEGO Star Wars 1 and 2 as a kid. Hell, I even played LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman 1. All 4 of these on my PS2. Afterwards, however, I stopped playing my PS2 very much afterwards, and as such, kinda fell out of LEGO. But then I played LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars on 3DS, and instantly returned to loving LEGO.

Nowadays, I'm playing LEGO City Undercover on WiiU. And it's suuuuuper good. Any LEGO fan should play it imo.

Now for new games, I'd like to see something around what LEGO City did.

7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,034.0
    I can't really think of anything that can beat playing a LEGO Jedi, except maybe LEGO Superman. I love the LEGO games, but I would like to see more of a variety in gameplay. Kind of like how BIONICLE Heroes twisted the formula into a first person shooter (although I don't really like fps games that much).
    I also want to see a new LEGO Island game. Maybe with the standard LEGO gameplay, maybe with the old LEGO Island gameplay. Either would work. Actually, a hybrid between the two would probably be best.

8. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I WANT TO SEE LEGO KORO-SENSEI!

What about... Lego Sword Art Online? O.o o.O Making Lego versions of my favourite animes.... HYPES
    DrGetus, Sr...you made my day

Getus likes this.
  9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'd love to see a Lego/FF crossover - especially if the entry for 7 mocked many of its supposed strengths. XD

Also, why do people like SAO when .Hack// was first and FAR more interesting in both its characters and story?

10. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Damn, a FF actually sounds cool xD Who knows why people like SAO, people just seem to enjoy it for whatever reason.

11. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Lego Star Wars was my childhood. But what I wanna see is Lego NASCAR. Because SHAKE N BAKEEEEEE NASCAR YEAHHHHH

Sorry-

Getus likes this.