1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Luxray's Type

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Smithyrob, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smithyrob

Smithyrob Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    Okay, so this may sound stupid but this has been bothering me for a while... Why isn't Luxray Electric/Dark? I mean, the majority of it's colour palette is dark blue, does that not suggest darkness? It can even learn some dark type moves! Now I know just about any Pokémon with fangs of some sort can learn bite and they only made it a dark move because that's really the only category it fits into... But still, I think in the next gen they should update this, even if it is a kinda stupid thing get annoyed about... Oh! And before you say: 'you're only saying that because you hate Luxray.' I'm gonna say you're wrong, it's actually my favourite Pokémon! I bought Pokémon black one just so I could swap my Luxray over to Y, so in actual fact, I love him! :)

2. Derahex

PokéPoints:
    ₽108.3
    Agreed, that'd make Luxray that much more powerful.
    I remember a ROM hack did just that... I think it was BlazeBlack2/VoltWhite2

SHINX IS ADORABLE

3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Maybe because of its pre-evolution. Remember that almost all the Dark Type have their pre-eveolution with s sinister looking. But if you look at Shinx..well...you will see my point.

For example in the case of Skorupi, it is an scorpion and have a little sinister looking while its Mega evolution, looks completely sinister :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    To me Luxray doesn't strike me as a dark type at all, if it were to be dual typed it strikes me more as a normal type. That's certainly not a bad type to have either since it only gives one extra weakness and an immunity to ghosts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. shinygiratinaz

shinygiratinaz Boats Against the Current

PokéPoints:
    ₽39.5
    I absolutely agree that Luxray should be electric/dark. That would give its Crunch a great boost, and hopefully would also give it some good moves to go with that typing like knock off.

I like luxray, but their movepool is kinda shallow, especially since there aren't many good physical electric attacks aside from wild charge, and that makes you take recoil damage.

6. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    @[member="Darkest Ninja"] I disagree. Look at Shiftry line. Seedot looks about as sinister as Skitty. Nuzleaf looks as sinister as an Elekid. Shiftry looks as sinister as fuzzy caterpillar covered tree. Eevee looks as sinister as a puppy. Umbreon is as sinister as a normal black dog. So I agree, Luxray should be dark.

7. broongus

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,635.0
    Luxray being Electric/Dark would make more sense. Most likely won't happen though, unless GF randomly decide to give it a Mega Evolution

8. Prosecutor

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Luxray should've been electric/dark imo. I object to its current typing! I just think it would be that much better with STAB Crunch. It will add more weaknesses, but it would be really cool.

9. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Well...if you read my entire text you will find the word ALMOST.

"Remember that almost all the Dark Type have their pre-eveolution with s sinister looking"

10. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    At least Shinx is intimidating. If you believe every ability you see.

11. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    The stab crunch is a big boost as well as psychic immunity, and with the guts boost he might be viable in OU. Seems like he should have the dark

12. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I actually agree that Luxray should be an electric/dark type. The way it looks and the fact that it looks so mysterious in the dark can actually bring out that dark-type of it. Not only that, it can learn some dark-type moves as well. (For example, it can learn night slash (by egg move) snarl and theif by TM, and crunch by leveling up.)

13. Almandine-G

Almandine-G All Men Are Equal

Eggu-Sama
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽25.4
    Whilst that makes sense, design wise, it'd conflict with Luxray itself. First off, the first part of Luxrays name is lux, which is a unit used to measure light levels. Luxray is essentially light ray. I suppose it may make more sense in Japan for it to be part dark, as dark is actually Aku, or evil, in Japan.

All in all, I feel the type combo'd be cool, but it's a conflicting type with what Luxrays name means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.