1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Marsh Badge

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Okay Let's Talk Sabrina. Who had the harder gym? Ash (excluding all psychic mishaps like the dollhuse)? Or the player?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    The teleporter puzzles always confused me in the games... Personally, I had a harder time actually trying to get to her than the battle itself (dark, ghost and bug types destroy psychics every time, but I suppose it was harder in the early Gameboy games).

In terms of the battle, Ash definitely had a harder time than me. What with confusion and hypnosis, his team was not ready to face off against Sabrina's psychic types. ...Until he managed to get a Haunter for the rematch (if not for Haunter's shenanigans though, Sabrina would've destroyed Ash again since Haunter is part poison too). So, yeah.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Sabrina was always the hardest Gym Leader for me. I never played Fire Red/Leaf Green, so I couldn't use ay Dark moves against her, Ghost types didn't affect Psychics and Beedrill was the only bug-type with a good damaging move against Psychics... And it was part poison.

Not to mention all those teleporting tiles. Finding Sabrina is almost as hard as the bin puzzle in Lt Surge's Gym.

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Depends on the game and what Pokémon you have at hand. Ash is a nitwit, and should have lost, but he didn't, surprise.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,060.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Sabrina's gym is always one I've disliked because of all the teleport tiles but at least the route is the same unlike with Surge's gym where is random. The fight with Sabrina really depended on the mons I'd chosen to bring with me and whenever or not I was doing a nuzlocke, in a nuzlocke I find her harder because I can't just go out and find a pokémon that'll have a dark/ghost/bug move.

Ash also got that lovely protection, plot armor, even if what he does is total bull he'll still win even if he should really have lost.

6. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    You. Ash always should lose but he doesn't. Like with Sabrina she should have locked the doors the second time around to prevent them even leaving the room. Also Ash is a notwit for going after the psychic powers. Dude they're psychic they have an advantage

7. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Ash would have had a harder time battling, but then, I'm of the opinion he as a 10 year old seems to approach most things in a pretty derpy and unskilled fashion. For me the puzzles back in gameboy era days were just incredibly painful to figure out.